[Q] Galaxy s4 AT&T Odin Mode Stuck after trying to install TWRP using Flashify

Search This thread

jwm_

Aug 11, 2014
I rooted a Samsung S4 with the towelroot method.

So I installed flashify and used it to backup my kernel and my current recovery to SD card.

Then I used flashify to install the latest version of TWRP.

Now my phone boots in to ODIN mode.

The top right of the screen says

Could not do a normal boot.
ODIN Mode

and the screen says "Downloading Do not turn off target"

I tried rebooting with the two or three buttons pressed, and the phone continues to reboot into this mode.

Help is appreciated.

jwm_

Aug 11, 2014
Update

I rooted a Samsung S4 with the towelroot method.

So I installed flashify and used it to backup my kernel and my current recovery to SD card.

Then I used flashify to install the latest version of TWRP.

Now my phone boots in to ODIN mode.

The top right of the screen says

Could not do a normal boot.
ODIN Mode

and the screen says "Downloading Do not turn off target"

I tried rebooting with the two or three buttons pressed, and the phone continues to reboot into this mode.

Help is appreciated.

So I figured out how to boot to download mode, and then canceled the download. The phone booted normally. Should I now restore my backup of the recovery using flashify?

Being new to this, it seems I may of messed up my "recovery" is that correct? Will flashify fix this?

It seems that what I am trying to do is impossible, I was trying to backup my rom using TWRP. Why is there a version of TWRP for at&t s4 if it will not work?

Thanks for the help.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So I figured out how to boot to download mode, and then canceled the download. The phone booted normally. Should I now restore my backup of the recovery using flashify?

Being new to this, it seems I may of messed up my "recovery" is that correct? Will flashify fix this?

It seems that what I am trying to do is impossible, I was trying to backup my rom using TWRP. Why is there a version of TWRP for at&t s4 if it will not work?

Thanks for the help.

Twrp will work if you're on mdb/mdl firmware. If you're on anything newer, and most are, you will not be able to use twrp. Safestrap is the only recovery you can use. You're most likely going to have to use Odin at this point and start your process all over. Do you know what firmware version you're on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: jwm_

jwm_

Aug 11, 2014
Flashify?

Twrp will work if you're on mdb/mdl firmware. If you're on anything newer, and most are, you will not be able to use twrp. Safestrap is the only recovery you can use. You're most likely going to have to use Odin at this point and start your process all over. Do you know what firmware version you're on?

NB1

My phone is basically working right now.

Why wont flashify restore the recovery? Is my recovery messed up? Are you basically saying that you don't know what state my phone is in, so use odin to get back to a starting point?

Thanks for your reply.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
NB1

Why wont flashify restore the recovery? Is my recovery messed up? Are you basically saying that you don't know what state my phone is in, so use odin to get back to a starting point?

Thanks for your reply.

If you tried to install twrp your recovery is most likely messed up. Go to the general forum and look for index, all things at&t..... I believe there is a stock recovery file that can be flashed in Odin.

jwm_

Aug 11, 2014
flashify?

If you tried to install twrp your recovery is most likely messed up. Go to the general forum and look for index, all things at&t..... I believe there is a stock recovery file that can be flashed in Odin.

Again, thank you for your assistance. But isn't the whole point of Flashify to restore my recovery (among other things?). I was trying not to be a total n00b and backup things the right way, but seems like it didn't help me.

Wish there was more info out there about twrp not working with anything that resembles a recent firmware update of the at&t phone (just ranting, obviously not your fault).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NB1

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the help.