[MOD] Dialer / Phonebook.apk | Update

Search This thread

Dare{D}evil

Oct 13, 2005
Dallas
UPDATE:

First of all let me apologize for not being active/updating the app. or posting updates about it.

Since my mini pro is my primary phone and I have to keep restarting/modifying Semcphone.apk I couldn't devote time to it.

Over the weekend, I tried to learn the SemcPhone.apk and to see what all $ONY had done with the file.

They did do a job but I wouldn't say a good job.
Coming to that,I have a few things,

Removing a feature is always easy but to put it in requires a lot of work.
And no matter what I tried with the 'programming' I know,
It din work out :(

OK, That was the bad news , next

If everyone is willing to put an extra app. into their phone until $ony releases its source ( WHICH MAY BE NEVER ACTUALLY ) ,
I was thinking to make a no-bull**** app with the extra features that i wanted to add(the call connect vibrate,blacklist),
If you guys are thinking y use my app,we can use/download it directly from the market,then please do so.

So delivering to my promise,I have an update and have done with another feature i.e Vibrate on Call Waiting(simple app really just few lines of code)
If enough people want me to still continue,i'll continue with this app cause I have given up on semcphone.apk
But the overhead is that you will have to use another app. i.e Call_Waiting.apk

What the app actually does:

The app is simple few lines of code which tap into the telephony and see if there is an incoming call when there is already a call in progress.
It will vibrate after a small pause.
I did not attach any activity to it just to make it simple.Once you install it,it will be running.
For the concerned users : it asks you for the phone state permission cause the app needs to know if there is an incoming call and also to control vibrator that's all.
you can uninstall it by going to package manager and finding the app sud.phone.extra.

Little write up on the 3rd post
Actually, has been asked by someone in general section HERE.

Screenshot attached (taken from that thread as well.. :)

We can actually do that,if anyone has seen the semcphone file you can see that you can modify the position of the buttons.Its just trial and error am sure.more on that later
But as I said, mini pro is my primary device and I cannot find a working emulator for $ony ROM(if anyone made it run please do let me know,it'll make all of the themer's,developers life easy)

Also vibrate on call connect requires internal android packages to view the call state as being active,
Internal packages are not allowed for normal app. development, and hence looked for a workaround this and am doing my best to put this feature in call_waiting.apk soon.

I used Android devices before and I never liked the option of vibrate on keypress so I removed that and thought to share.

Features for now :

• NO vibrate on key press in dialpad.(phonebook.apk)
  • Vibrate on Call Wait. (Call_Waiting.apk)
To-Do :
  • Vibrate on call connect
  • Blacklist

1. copy phonebook.apk to /sdcard
2. remount system rw
3. cp /system/app/Phonebook.apk /sdcard/Phonebook.apk.orig
4. cat /sdcard/Phonebook.apk > /system/app/Phonebook.apk
5. chmod 644 Phonebook.apk
6. chown root:root Phonebook.apk
7. rm /system/app/Phonebook.odex (only do this if there is a Phone.odex file)
or
Just do the required steps from RootExplorer, Its easy.

FAQ:
Q: Which rom can this run on?
A: I personally use Hybrom but it should work on any Sony Rom which has stock SEMCPhone and Phonebook . Am sure CM uses different phone.apk so please do not install on CM roms.

Q: Which phone can Phonebook.apk run on?
A: This can be run on any Sony phone's.

Q: Which phone can Call_waiting run on?
A: All 2.3 + phones.

Special thanks to ALL the rom,kernel developers and everyone on XDA .

[size=+2]I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE.PLEASE MAKE BACKUPS[/size]

P.S If anyone is adding this to their ROMS, please let me know.thnx

Attachments

• Phonebook.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,474
  • Call_Waiting.apk
    13.7 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:

feed3

Nov 17, 2011
The Land of Hornbill...

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpeg
    attachment.php.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,280

saroj.padhy

Aug 14, 2011
Mumbai
No Updates....

To-Do :

Vibrate on call connect
Blacklist
Vibrate on call waiting.

--------------

Seems like the development has stopped..!

No updates

Dare{D}evil

Oct 13, 2005
Dallas
Sorry guys been busy with something and been also looking for ways to get more ASOP like dialer without modifying too many files.

Will roll out a new version in a few days...

Reactions: IlyaSick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:

First of all let me apologize for not being active/updating the app. or posting updates about it.

Since my mini pro is my primary phone and I have to keep restarting/modifying Semcphone.apk I couldn't devote time to it.

Over the weekend, I tried to learn the SemcPhone.apk and to see what all $ONY had done with the file.

They did do a job but I wouldn't say a good job.
    Coming to that,I have a few things,

Removing a feature is always easy but to put it in requires a lot of work.
    And no matter what I tried with the 'programming' I know,
    It din work out :(

OK, That was the bad news , next

If everyone is willing to put an extra app. into their phone until $ony releases its source ( WHICH MAY BE NEVER ACTUALLY ) ,
    I was thinking to make a no-bull**** app with the extra features that i wanted to add(the call connect vibrate,blacklist),
    If you guys are thinking y use my app,we can use/download it directly from the market,then please do so.

So delivering to my promise,I have an update and have done with another feature i.e Vibrate on Call Waiting(simple app really just few lines of code)
    If enough people want me to still continue,i'll continue with this app cause I have given up on semcphone.apk
    But the overhead is that you will have to use another app. i.e Call_Waiting.apk

What the app actually does:

The app is simple few lines of code which tap into the telephony and see if there is an incoming call when there is already a call in progress.
    It will vibrate after a small pause.
    I did not attach any activity to it just to make it simple.Once you install it,it will be running.
    For the concerned users : it asks you for the phone state permission cause the app needs to know if there is an incoming call and also to control vibrator that's all.
    you can uninstall it by going to package manager and finding the app sud.phone.extra.

Little write up on the 3rd post
    Actually, has been asked by someone in general section HERE.

Screenshot attached (taken from that thread as well.. :)

We can actually do that,if anyone has seen the semcphone file you can see that you can modify the position of the buttons.Its just trial and error am sure.more on that later
    But as I said, mini pro is my primary device and I cannot find a working emulator for $ony ROM(if anyone made it run please do let me know,it'll make all of the themer's,developers life easy)

Also vibrate on call connect requires internal android packages to view the call state as being active,
    Internal packages are not allowed for normal app. development, and hence looked for a workaround this and am doing my best to put this feature in call_waiting.apk soon.

I used Android devices before and I never liked the option of vibrate on keypress so I removed that and thought to share.

Features for now :

• NO vibrate on key press in dialpad.(phonebook.apk)
    • Vibrate on Call Wait. (Call_Waiting.apk)
    To-Do :
    • Vibrate on call connect
    • Blacklist

1. copy phonebook.apk to /sdcard
    2. remount system rw
    3. cp /system/app/Phonebook.apk /sdcard/Phonebook.apk.orig
    4. cat /sdcard/Phonebook.apk > /system/app/Phonebook.apk
    5. chmod 644 Phonebook.apk
    6. chown root:root Phonebook.apk
    7. rm /system/app/Phonebook.odex (only do this if there is a Phone.odex file)
    or
    Just do the required steps from RootExplorer, Its easy.

FAQ:
    Q: Which rom can this run on?
    A: I personally use Hybrom but it should work on any Sony Rom which has stock SEMCPhone and Phonebook . Am sure CM uses different phone.apk so please do not install on CM roms.

Q: Which phone can Phonebook.apk run on?
    A: This can be run on any Sony phone's.

Q: Which phone can Call_waiting run on?
    A: All 2.3 + phones.

Special thanks to ALL the rom,kernel developers and everyone on XDA .

[size=+2]I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE.PLEASE MAKE BACKUPS[/size]

P.S If anyone is adding this to their ROMS, please let me know.thnx
    my only wish; corner buble removed (arc style?) :)
    +1 for that.
    also how about swipe left/right for sms/call on contacts?
    Sorry guys been busy with something and been also looking for ways to get more ASOP like dialer without modifying too many files.

Will roll out a new version in a few days...