[Q] Nook HD - Can't get out of CWM recovery

Search This thread

simondbarnes

Apr 20, 2014
My Nook HD will only boot to CWM recovery.

A bit of history...

Was happily running CWM 10.2 but decided to upgrade to CWM 11. I couldn't get this to work (status 7 installation aborted). I reinstalled 10.2 and this worked fine. I then stupidly followed some instructions for installing CWM 11 when I was tired and didn't spot they were for the Galaxy Tab 2 and since then my Nook HD just boots into CWM recovery.

I'm pretty sure I have killed my device (I gave up trying to fix it a couple of months ago) but before I throw it in the bin I thought someone on here may have some bright ideas for rescuing it.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Try going to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and flash a plain stock zip from item 6.

What thread and advice did you follow?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

simondbarnes

Apr 20, 2014
Try going to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and flash a plain stock zip from item 6.

What thread and advice did you follow?

I tried flashing a plain stock zip from item 6, it didn't change anything.

Thread was on the cyanogenmod forum. I don't appear to be able to post a link so this is the bit I stupidly followed...

Hello!

The "error 7" message was in my case coused by an old version of CWM.
There is already a topic about it under Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 p5110.

This is what you could try to do:

- download the newest version of CWM at this link : **link deleted as forum won't let me post links but it was CWM for a Galaxy Tab2 10.1**
- install this package and reboot
- note : this is not the touch version of CWM so you have to use the power and volume buttons to use this type of CWM
- download the newest CM 11 and put it on your EXTERNAL SD CARD
- download if you use it the newest GAPPS for KK to your EXTERNAL SD CARD
- go into recovery mode
- wipe cache
- wipe dalvik cache
- install CM 11
- install the GAPPS if you use it
- reboot

This solved my "error 7" problem and also for some others with this error.

Thanks for looking.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
So what did you do? Install the CWM from that thread?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Then you may have bricked it. Did it say it installed correctly?

The problem is the Galaxy Tab 2 uses a different partition for recovery than the Nook HD. Whoever made that zip must have failed to put a safety assert statement in it to prevent users from trying to flash it to the wrong device.

I will try to find the thread to see if the zip was bad and where it tried to install it on your nook. Do you have any more clues for me to the link?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

simondbarnes

Apr 20, 2014
Then you may have bricked it. Did it say it installed correctly?

The problem is the Galaxy Tab 2 uses a different partition for recovery than the Nook HD. Whoever made that zip must have failed to put a safety assert statement in it to prevent users from trying to flash it to the wrong device.

I will try to find the thread to see if the zip was bad and where it tried to install it on your nook. Do you have any more clues for me to the link?

I can't remember what happened when I installed it, sorry.

The thread is called Unable To Install Cm11 and it's in the Barnes & Noble Nook HD Stable/RC/M-Release section

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
On XDA? Type the link with extra spaces in it and I can find it.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
No, not XDA.

forum cyanogenmod com / forum / 965-barnes-noble-nook-hd-stablercm-release/
Ok, found the file you flashed and looked at it. It put the recovery image where your bootdata partition is supposed to be and wiped out bootdata. I made a bootdata repair zip and sent you a PM with the link. Try flashing that with your CWM. It may recover your bricked device. Let me know.

simondbarnes

Apr 20, 2014
Ok, found the file you flashed and looked at it. It put the recovery image where your bootdata partition is supposed to be and wiped out bootdata. I made a bootdata repair zip and sent you a PM with the link. Try flashing that with your CWM. It may recover your bricked device. Let me know.

You're a genius, that has sorted it. Many, many thanks for your assistance :)