Changing stock launcher icons

Search This thread

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
Long press the icon, then youll see the purple brush on the icon. Press it and ull be able to change the icons

Too bad u cant change the app drawer icon in the dock

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

livebyknight

Sep 15, 2013
Orlando
Long press the icon, then youll see the purple brush on the icon. Press it and ull be able to change the icons

Too bad u cant change the app drawer icon in the dock

That's what I wanted to do. So it's not possible? Is there a location for the icons that I can access with root to replace it?

LG G2

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
U can. U have to find the icon image and change it. I used to change the stock icons of different roms using number of tools myself when i had nexus and s3. But it's too much work. :(

livebyknight

Sep 15, 2013
Orlando
U can. U have to find the icon image and change it. I used to change the stock icons of different roms using number of tools myself when i had nexus and s3. But it's too much work. :(

Cool. I'll go digging for it when I get some free time, have a feeling it may take a little while lol. Thanks

LG G2

iamacronym

Mar 8, 2013
I downloaded CleanRom to my pc and used 7zip to find the file (its in "LGHome_Theme_Optimus.apk"). Look in the "drawable-xxhdpi" folder for the png labeled "lg_dockmenu_ic_allapps.png" Then replace it with whichever png you like. You should name it whatever the original png in the app was named.
a5ebuzy3.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

m.klinge

Jun 16, 2008
Anybody up for making a Xposed module for this :)

//M

Sendt fra min LG-D802 med Tapatalk 4

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
I downloaded CleanRom to my pc and used 7zip to find the file (its in "LGHome_Theme_Optimus.apk"). Look in the "drawable-xxhdpi" folder for the png labeled "lg_dockmenu_ic_allapps.png" Then replace it with whichever png you like. You should name it whatever the original png in the app was named.
a5ebuzy3.jpg

Can I just copy the lghome_theme*******.apk to my pc, make changes(png, name), then copy paste it to the phone in the proper location, change permissions, and good? Do I need to unzip, make changes, re-zip? Just looking for a little clarification, as this would be my first time doing this kind of mod.

Thanks for any help.

sunshinekts

Aug 7, 2013
@trickster : i repply problem of iamac..member

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added 13th October 2013 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 12th October 2013 at 11:53 PM ----------

Sorry, my english is weak. I'm not answer clearly

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

livebyknight

Sep 15, 2013
Orlando
So i found these files on my AT&T version with Solid Explorer and want to try to replace the LG Optimus theme with one of the downloaded ones I've found by renaming and overwriting, but I don't know how the accompanying odex file works and if I need to change that also. I really just need the aosp app drawer icon changed. Any ideas?

LG G2

Attachments

• 1381614161969.jpg
    1381614161969.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 700

livebyknight

Sep 15, 2013
Orlando
use xposed framework and icon themer.It can use any nova or apex theme pack.

Or doesn't change the app drawer icon though, which is the goal of this whole post. Check out your app drawer icon in the picture, its still gray with the white squares. So is mine, plus changing my dpi changes up its size.

And has anyone found how to remove icon labels from the home screen on stock launcher? It looks a lot cleaner without them.

LG G2

Attachments

• 1381614403452.jpg
    1381614403452.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a5ebuzy3.jpg