[Q]Not sure what screen this is

Search This thread

Muyami

Mar 23, 2011
Tampa, FL
I booted up my LG Optimus G (sprint) and got this screen before going to the recovery. My digitizer is cracked so I can't access anything using the screen at all, just hardware buttons. The room also doesn't wanna boot so I'm not sure what its even running right now.

Pressing up and down reboots the phone, restarts recovery, and powers off.

Any idea what this screen is? And like, what I can use it for to get a new rom installed?

Picture is kinda big.

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I booted up my LG Optimus G (sprint) and got this screen before going to the recovery. My digitizer is cracked so I can't access anything using the screen at all, just hardware buttons. The room also doesn't wanna boot so I'm not sure what its even running right now.

Pressing up and down reboots the phone, restarts recovery, and powers off.

Any idea what this screen is? And like, what I can use it for to get a new rom installed?

Picture is kinda big.

That's the bootloader, press volume keys and it will change the part that says start to fastboot, recovery or restart bootloader (I think) press power and it will select whichever is shown on the top of the screen where "START" is.

If you choose recovery and press power it will load into recovery and you can flash another ROM or restore a backup.Will it go into recovery when doing what I suggest?

If going to recovery doesn't do anything or just reboots to that screen you might not have a custom recovery installed.
If it does not, follow this guide for the teeny bin and it will install an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2230106

Last edited: