[Q] Question about directory bind, foldermount and the like

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Ok, so off and on I have been doing some looking around on how to move things from teh internal storage to the external.

Then I had a question.

I know that these programs create an "image" i guess of the stuff that is supposed to be on the internal making the system think its still there. With the mount and this "image" taking up "space" - are you ever able to actually make the device think you have freed up space and install more things?? Does it really actually make any sense to do any of these things?

I played around with a few in directory bind, and while my external availability number changed, my internals didnt. i checked both with the binds active and disabled. the numbers were exactly the same.

At first i was thinking that maybe you would have to temporarily unbind one thing (to remove the image from the internal) and install the new thing, create a new bind for the new thing, and then renable both the old and new things.... but with the internal numbers not changing even with binds off (stuff only on external) this doesnt make sense either.

has anyone run into this and found a solution??