AR recovery and s-off ( FIX )

Search This thread

eagle20g

Oct 29, 2009
Pennsylvania
Ok I tried this

It isn't working for me

When I wiped the sd card, and go back into the rom its not even showing I'm able to un mount the sd card.

I tried option 2 also

it went threw its procedures but still nothing

Utterly bizarre. Never had this problem when I originally got S-OFF (already on Amon Ra 3.15.) Recently ran the RUU of 3.14.605.10 (the 6/10 leak), and after reloading the latest juopunut hboot and Amon Ra 3.15 kept getting the "Oops something is wrong" message. Booted to the stock ROM (wanted to make a Nandroid of the "new" stock before flashing Nils 5.1) erased the card, returned to hboot then recovery and there you go, Nandroid running like normal.

Go figure.

Reactions: ram911

DroidGurl

Apr 18, 2011
Boston, MA
I just got S-off and now I'm stuck at the JuopunutBear arrow screen. I can get into hboot but I have no recovery. I'm sorry to admit that I don't fully understand the instructions for ROM recovery that are given on the unlimited.IO site. What should I do at this point? Any help will be appreciated.

uToTMeH8

Dec 6, 2011
MA
I just got S-off and now I'm stuck at the JuopunutBear arrow screen. I can get into hboot but I have no recovery. I'm sorry to admit that I don't fully understand the instructions for ROM recovery that are given on the unlimited.IO site. What should I do at this point? Any help will be appreciated.

Flash a custom recovery. Go to the TWRP thread and look for the ph98img.zip attachment and flash that in hboot (bootloader)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DroidGurl

DroidGurl

Apr 18, 2011
Boston, MA
Flash a custom recovery. Go to the TWRP thread and look for the ph98img.zip attachment and flash that in hboot (bootloader)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

You're my savior right now!! I'm stressing big time. Would the same method work if I want AR and I rename that zip PH98IMG.zip?

Edit: Flashed successfully at last! Thank you for your help!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: uToTMeH8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have seen a lot of folks having all kind of strange issues with AR recovery after s-off. Myself included. Most notably:

1) No being able to mount the SD card getting error:
    E: can't mount /dev/block/mmcblkp2 ( File exists )

2) unable to preform nandroid back up stating oops an error occurred, please check the log. well there is no log.

3) cant move the error log, gives another error.

After hours of trying to do everything under the sun, this is extremely frustrating; nothing works, but....

CWM touch. I can mount the SD card, and do nandroid back ups.

Is anyone else having issues with AR recovery?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION FOR NANDROID backups and restores ONLY ( suggestion thanks to: a.mcdear & Mikej69 ; give credit where credit is due )

WARNING THIS WILL ERASE YOUR EXTERNAL SD MEMORY CARD
    Some steps can be omitted since I have CWM touch installed.

**An important note about CWM: For the Rezound there is a charging bug. This bug prevents the phone from charging if you happen to let the battery die. This happened to me and sux big time.**

OPTION 1

1) boot to hboot usb mode
    2) flash AR 3.15
    2a) ( option from scotty1223 ) within AR choose wipe sd card
    3) Reboot to your ROM
    4) Navigate under SETTINGS -> SD and phone storage
    5) Choose Unmount SD card
    6) Choose Erase card
    7) reboot into recovery and run your backups and restores; they should work

OPTION 2 usb mounting

Within AR recovery choose partition SD card with all default settings ( that resolved the error when mounting the SD card within AR recovery, however i cannot view the files on a PC when mounted in AR recovery still ). Others are claiming that it works, so i believe that, just me having issues.

If anyone needs AR 3.14, you can get it here

6/20/2012: below is a flashable via bootloader of the latest AR recovery 3.15
    For those of you whose SDCard work everywhere but in Amon Ra, try erasing the SD Card in Settings --> Storage --> Unmount SD Card --> Erase SD Card

That fixed the problem for me and I was able to create Nand backups in AR right afterwards.

If you have any data on your SD Card you will need to back it up before erasing.

Mike
    For those of you whose SDCard work everywhere but in Amon Ra, try erasing the SD Card in Settings --> Storage --> Unmount SD Card --> Erase SD Card

That fixed the problem for me and I was able to create Nand backups in AR right afterwards.

If you have any data on your SD Card you will need to back it up before erasing.

Mike

well! *smacks forehead* :D

i started to try and do this,with a lil twist. i stuck in the "blank,and freshly formatted in the pc,yet unmountable in recovery" sd card into the phone,and turned the phone on into fastboot. launched amon 3.14 into memory(have 3.15 on the phone) picked the option to wipe sd card,wich,oddly,it said was successful. went ahead and rebooted.

the phone had an sd with a question mark in the status bar and error message it was blank or of the wrong type and needed formatted,with a "format now?" prompt. so i formatted the card in the phone,immediately botoed to my allready installed 3.15,and lo and behold,the card mounted and i just got done making a backup.

last and not least,i also use the initial juopunutbear release,and wished id have been smart enuff to have stuck in a spare card instead... i somehow read right over the warning,despite having thot i read it carefully. :eek:

oh well,alls well that ends well,im glad neither my phone nor sd are effed :D
    It's under nandroid or nand on sd card

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound
    Ok, so this actually got me to start my nandroid back up, and restore working successfully. I never tried this b/c i didn't think it made a difference to format in phone or PC....

The mount external card still gives me an error... Am i to assume that a change in AR needs to be made for this?

For those who wanted to know I used controlbear 1.0, I was NOT or ever been on the ics leak.

As for why when i used touch CWM and all worked, and didn't in AR, i do not understand, those were my findings.

I have also preferred AR over CWM here lately due to the charging bug i got nailed with this weekend too

If someone can confirm this, I will change the OP to include the solution.

I believe that the juopunutbear process actually formats the SDCARD at some point during the process, and I think it just does something weird to the partition if you manually formatted it as well.
    Of course without more specific info from the developers, I am just speculating, but it seems to me the only variable that makes sense. I've seen similar issues happen from time to time in similar circumstances, which is why it even came to my mind when I saw people posting of troubles.

As to why other recoveries still read the partition whereas AR did not? I don't know.. maybe different kernel, or different settings, or more strict adherence to formatting standards... I have no idea there either, too many variables to consider.