How do I S-OFF my sprint m8 harman kardon edition? Firewater does not work.

Search This thread

UnXKnown0

Feb 1, 2014
I have followed firewaters steps over and over and over again. Every single time at the very end right after chugging... a huge paragraph appears and it says my phone is incompatible no ruuing flashing etc etc blah blah will work with my device...

I unlocked the bootloader with htc dev using the latest Toolkit, everything went smoothly. It shows Tampered Unlocked but with S-ON.

I am not used to htc phones. I have always had a samsung, So I am not used to S-OFFing? If thats a term? LoL

Anyone have any advice? Please?

Last edited:

UnXKnown0

Feb 1, 2014
I read somewhere to use a Sense based rom. I used renovate...but everytime I tried copying over firewater I would get a tombstone with an error. So I tried using firewater with Liquid smooths 6/29 nightly, and it would get to the chugging part then say my device is incompatible just like it did on renovate. Im lost and confused lol

UnXKnown0

Feb 1, 2014
Use sunshine to get s-off. The firewater devs released a new exploit called sunshine. It costs $25 to use it though. But it does work

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Theres no other "free" alternative? I kinda just spent a crap load to get this phone yesterday...nearly $300...so I am broke at the moment :(

Reactions: Traceamount

nuts77

Dec 15, 2011
Seems like you got the "Whelp" message in firewater. Then, it's no use trying again, it just won't work on your phone.

Sunshine is the only other s-off alternative. But I agree, it's totally worth the money.
Install a stock ROM (or as stock as possible to get all chances your side) and run the app. Worked flawlessly for me, easy as that.

Reactions: UnXKnown0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use sunshine to get s-off. The firewater devs released a new exploit called sunshine. It costs $25 to use it though. But it does work

Theres no other "free" alternative? I kinda just spent a crap load to get this phone yesterday...nearly $300...so I am broke at the moment :(
    Damn...thanks for the help though, much appreciated.

Sunshine is worth the money. i didnt use htc dev i kept my phone totaly stock until sunshine came along. im now unlocked and s-off thanks to sunshine with no tampered flag and no red warning text on boot, sunshine is reccomended! and the only way to go im afraid
    Seems like you got the "Whelp" message in firewater. Then, it's no use trying again, it just won't work on your phone.

Sunshine is the only other s-off alternative. But I agree, it's totally worth the money.
    Install a stock ROM (or as stock as possible to get all chances your side) and run the app. Worked flawlessly for me, easy as that.

Considering I paid more than twice that I think you got a good deal! Stump up and don't be Stingy. ;)