[Q] Hard Bricked Kindle Fire

Search This thread

rgates

Oct 12, 2012
Ive rooted a few phones and tablets before and have never bricked a device (got close) until now. This kindle fire i believe is truly hard bricked. What happened was, I rooted it with the kindle fire utility, and when it rebooted it was stuck on the kindle fire logo screen. I let it run flat over night, and the next day it was still stuck. So i downloaded kindle unbrick utility to attempt to fix this and then it was in a bootloop and it is now in a hard brick state. power button is non responsive, unless charging, it will turn green then immediately to orange and stay that way. I like to think that nothing is unrecoverable, and im very determined to get this thing back up and running, even if it means taking the case off and flashing it with probes lol.. Ive been working on it for about a week now and I seem to have made things worse. So I'm hoping there's a genius out there that can help me bring life back into this thing.

rgates

Oct 12, 2012

Brannier

Oct 3, 2012
Kindle fire hd bricked

I can assure you that it is not going to start working by leaving it running.
My kindle fire hd this brick. I do not think this has no solution. Friend, how did you brick yours? only to rooting? modificastes or some other file system /?? I achieved rooting mine perfectly but I brick by modifying the build.prop! someone to help us: S

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester
If you have a factory cable(this is not the one that came with device, Google kindle fire factory cable), you should be able to boot into fastboot. Then it is possible to restore the system partition with a backup of a system.img. Check out the - Backup and Restore System Software in the general section. Not sure if a backup from a different kindle will work but it might be worth a shot. I have posted a a link for system.img backup here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1944718. This was from a KFHD. I hope it helps some people get their devices working.

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: jjshinobi

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester
This is exactly why Amazon has locked this device down( not good enough though). Too many people messing with files they don't understand and making Amazon pay for their irresponsibility. If you are not willing to eat the cost of a device then don't mess with it.

Last edited:

rgates

Oct 12, 2012
This is exactly why Amazon has locked this device down( not good enough though). Too many people messing with files they don't understand and making Amazon pay for their irresponsibility. If you are not willing to eat the cost of a device then don't mess with it.

HTC fixed that problem by allowing anyone to root their device, with no hassels. Amazon is not loosing any money from the occasional bricked device.

ursulavasey

Jul 9, 2011
I have a KF2 that boots into TWRP, but cannot do anything else. There is no os in the system, and the internal sd card cannot be seen either by TWRP or on my computer. The mounting shows a drive letter, drive F, but nothing can be dragged/dropped to it, as it tells me to insert an SD card into drive F. If I try to boot normally, I get the orange Kindle Fire logo, and it just sits like that. Everything I try to do results in a "device not found" message. Any help here, please guys?

anas0104

May 29, 2013
Hard Bricked Kindle Fire HD7

Got my Kindle fire hd 7 hard bricked it does not responds to charging neither the power button works nor the pc detects the kindle fire hd7
I am really disturb, is there any genius who can provide me solutions?
Plz help me this is my email-anas0104@gmail.com

Green Wenonah

Nov 28, 2012
Oak Harbor, WA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you have a factory cable(this is not the one that came with device, Google kindle fire factory cable), you should be able to boot into fastboot. Then it is possible to restore the system partition with a backup of a system.img. Check out the - Backup and Restore System Software in the general section. Not sure if a backup from a different kindle will work but it might be worth a shot. I have posted a a link for system.img backup here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1944718. This was from a KFHD. I hope it helps some people get their devices working.