aa battery charger

Search This thread

gbenj

Feb 4, 2008
anyone have anything to say about those chargers that use AA batteries, either one of them, or a couple that say they charge ur phone 2-3 times from discharged?

anyone have one that works? link it please?

is it a load of bs?

thanks

popdog54

Dec 12, 2007
NJ
Are you referring to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERGENCY-AA-BATTERY-CHARGER-FOR-MOGUL-XV6800-6800-6700_W0QQitemZ270150736083QQihZ017QQcategoryZ20336QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I tried it and it didn't work. I first tried it with my battery power at 60%. I put my Mogul in sleep mode with no apps running, plugged in the charger using a fresh Duracell, and waited two hours. When I checked it, it was still at 60%. But about two minutes later it dropped to 30%. WTF!?!?! I tried it again the next day at 50%. This time the battery level stayed at 50% for a little while before dropping at a normal level. I have the 1% battery meter .cab installed. So the only thing I can really say is that it kept my Mogul battery from discharging while in sleep mode, which isn't very useful. Maybe I got a bad charger.

I ended up buying a second battery. It's actually easier to carry than the emergency charger. It's a pain to swap batteries, but I've only had to do it once. If you are runing low on battery power on a continuing basis then you'd be better off getting an extended battery.