Looking for Definitive Answers to Battery Questions
Hello, I hope you are doing well.
I have heard too many different opinions - some are possibly myths - regarding smartphone batteries and would like to get definitive answers. If you can provide a link to some type of proof, that would be great.
For both questions, I'm referring to modern smartphones, such as batteries that are in iPhone, high-end Android, and Windows Phone devices (I personally have a Nexus 4).
1) Does charging a smartphone for long periods of time (e.g., overnight while you sleep, over 10 hours), hurt the battery in any way?
2) Does charging and uncharging constantly hurt the battery in any way? (For example, I sometimes charge my phone for 10 minutes, then unplug it to use for 30 minutes, then charge it again for 15 minutes.)
3) Do I need to let the battery discharge completely before recharging my phone?
4) Does leaving WiFi on so that it constantly seeks a network use up more battery life? (I don't connect to any WiFi networks after I leave my house in the morning until I get back home at night.)
5) Should I drain my battery completely every X number of weeks?
My personal thoughts are the following:
4) Yes, leaving WiFi on so that it constantly seeks a network does use up more battery life.
5) No idea.
Thank you very much,