Wondering why you aren't getting OTA?

Search This thread

darkgandhi05

Feb 12, 2011
LG Tool Instructions

My OTA failed to proceed (did not brick) because I had ClockworkMod Recovery instead of Stock Recovery. Didn't know that was required. I called T-Mobile and they said there's no estimate on when they can put in requests for OTA's but requests are only possible after the entire rollout completes.

So the agent recommended I "sideload" using LG Update. If anyone's interested, these are the instructions he e-mailed me: //wwstg.lg.com/ us/ mobile-phones/ G2X-Driver/ index.jsp

I can't post links so just remove the spaces above if you want the link.

Didn't want to use the LG tool but here goes nothin.. :-?

Memnoch30

May 22, 2007
Chicago
My OTA failed to proceed (did not brick) because I had ClockworkMod Recovery instead of Stock Recovery. Didn't know that was required. I called T-Mobile and they said there's no estimate on when they can put in requests for OTA's but requests are only possible after the entire rollout completes.

So the agent recommended I "sideload" using LG Update. If anyone's interested, these are the instructions he e-mailed me: //wwstg.lg.com/ us/ mobile-phones/ G2X-Driver/ index.jsp

I can't post links so just remove the spaces above if you want the link.

Didn't want to use the LG tool but here goes nothin.. :-?

I would put back the stock recovery to ensure everything goes smoothly. You can put CWM again afterwards.

userno69

Dec 6, 2010
Don't kid your self about sensation being a downgrade because it is really not. How is it really a down grade...is it because of sense? have you really played with it?
Nobody is kidding themselves. The Sensation looks great on paper at first glance, but when you really start to look more closely at the two phones it is obvious the G2x is better. You hear the Sensation has a qHD screen vs the 480x800 on the G2x but that doesn't tell the whole story. I played with both phones side by side at a Tmo store before I made my decision on the G2x. It has a very good looking IPS display (same as as the iPhone 4) while the Sensation does not, and even though it's qHD it just looks washed out next to the G2x.

Then there's the SoC. G2x has got a dual core 1GHz Tegra 2 and the sensation has a 1.2GHz dual core Snapdragon. Again, the Sensation looks better at first glance. But read up on it and you can see that even with the extra 200MHz, the Sensation consistently scores lower on benchmarks than the G2x. Then there's the GPU. The GeForce ULV GPU is also unquestionably better than the Adreno 220 GPU. And finally the Sensation has a preposterous 1gb of internal storage. The G2x has 8gb.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

brdma

May 29, 2011
Is the update still unavailable as OTA? I have two G2X's. One stock rooted with CWM, the other completely stock, and both are sitting on 2.2.2 with no software updates available.

hoopduke

Aug 9, 2011
Per TMO, the OTA ended 8/10/11. I am not allowed to post links, but you can find an official announcement on the TMO Forum. (Fill in missing element)

://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2362

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.
    Nah, the sensation has a lot of issues aswell. I rarely have any problems with my G2x, Sensation is a downgrade IMO.
    If you're willing to downgrade. Just hassle them until they offer the sensation. Rant about the Specs and what you paid. Worked for my bro.

No, i was just curoius I guess. I don't like the HTC Sense UI, it is way too much for me. It slows down the phone way too much too.

The gingerbread update we got from LG is half way done if you ask me. T-Mobile should make them finish it and then push it as OTA to all of us...just a thought