How To Fix WiFi in Syria | Jelly Bean Update

Search This thread

Guess Who?!

Aug 8, 2013
No , This is correct permissions and i tried it with my phone and worked , and it only work for WPA , WPA 2 Networks

Sorry for being so noob..but what do you mean by "permissions"?? i just transferred the file to system/bin using root manager, and it didn't work by the way :S

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

No , This is correct permissions and i tried it with my phone and worked , and it only work for WPA , WPA 2 Networks

Sorry for being so noob..but what do you mean by "permissions"?? i just transferred the file to system/bin using root manager, and it didn't work by the way :S

Cyberboom

Feb 23, 2014
Damascus (Dimashiq)
That fix really works !! :D
However it didn't work when I set the file permissions as : rw-r--r--
Instead I used the following : rwxr-xr-x :good:

Tested on my Xperia S ( firmware LT26i_6.2.B.0.211)

Last edited:

skyend

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
I also have the low signal problem like another guy mentioned a few pages ago.
Other devices get strong / excellent signals whereas my xperia s gets barely any signal and even disconnects automatically at some point. I remember we had good wifi strength in GB.
This has also been discussed at length a lot of times here and at sony's talk forum. We never got an official fix though :\

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
I also have the low signal problem like another guy mentioned a few pages ago.
Other devices get strong / excellent signals whereas my xperia s gets barely any signal and even disconnects automatically at some point. I remember we had good wifi strength in GB.
This has also been discussed at length a lot of times here and at sony's talk forum. We never got an official fix though :\

If you have low signal after applying this fix .. Its the problem ...
Because wifi may dsconnect sometimes and will disconnect if you went out of the WIFI area

Sent from my Xperia Acro S using Tapatalk

Reactions: skyend

skyend

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
If you have low signal after applying this fix .. Its the problem ...
Because wifi may dsconnect sometimes and will disconnect if you went out of the WIFI area

Sent from my Xperia Acro S using Tapatalk

Thank you abo hani.
Turned out that after using this fix, my connection stability got better. However signal strength is same as before ( low / only one bar).

Another way to fix WiFi

Hi
First thank you for the Post
There is another way (Simpler I think) I find in some other post (don't remember the Post) , you need to be root , download SQLight Editor (from market) Go to /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/global . find wifi_country_code and change it to another country (US,en) it should work :D

Reactions: zahid5h

fe2k7

Sep 7, 2008
São Paulo
How to fix wifi issue in jb update

Some countries like syria , countries in Africa and Asia had issue

When inserting sim wifi wont work !!

So now here the fix for it (Need root)

Download the file and move it with root explorer or any root file manger

Move it to system/bin with correct permissions and replace it with the file there

Don’t Forget to Press Thanks :good | Also if want to pay me a coffee or something else , feel free to give me a small donation by Pressing Here .​

Hello , sorry my bad english , I'm using Google Translate ...

I tried to perform this procedure and obtained a small change : The Button On / Off wifi at least now works but I can not activate it.

With the SIM Card inserted or not, the same problem persists.

When possessed RAZR i had exactly the same problem when using this European JB , my device supported Brazilian Rom ... And changing the Rom with the correct version solved the problem .

*The button On / Off automatically is always marking the OFF position.
The following information on my device :

H1F9pjF.png

68PQkQT.png

gMOya4h.png

jxPZUJd.png

b1yeXzu.png

8bZWQkd.png

Honestly I do not know what to do ...

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
Hello , sorry my bad english , I'm using Google Translate ...

I tried to perform this procedure and obtained a small change : The Button On / Off wifi at least now works but I can not activate it.

Honestly I do not know what to do ...

It may not work on all ROMs Countries Version , it may only work on Global and MEA JB version , i advise you to install WiFi Fix , or install CM10 ROM , which support the change of Country-Place , in Wifi Option/Settings key .

Reactions: fe2k7

fe2k7

Sep 7, 2008
São Paulo
It may not work on all ROMs Countries Version , it may only work on Global and MEA JB version , i advise you to install WiFi Fix , or install CM10 ROM , which support the change of Country-Place , in Wifi Option/Settings key .

Hello @abo hani ,
Translation by Google Translate , sorry my bad english

Excuse my lack of knowledge about this Xperia , I know other devices but this 'm trying to fix a friend lay on the subject XD .

Following a tip from @Mirhawk , which has been trying to help me solve this problem of Wi -fi came to Honami style Rom What a coincidence and his own.

I managed to flash the Hanomi Style , but the problem with this wifi persists. I do not know what to do , maybe damaged...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to fix wifi issue in jb update

Some countries like syria , countries in Africa and Asia had issue

When inserting sim wifi wont work !!

So now here the fix for it (Need root)

I’m not who made the fix and i dont know who made it

Download the file and move it with root explorer or any root file manger

Move it to system/bin with correct permissions and replace it with the file there
    Hello @abo hani ,
    Translation by Google Translate , sorry my bad english

Excuse my lack of knowledge about this Xperia , I know other devices but this 'm trying to fix a friend lay on the subject XD .

Following a tip from @Mirhawk , which has been trying to help me solve this problem of Wi -fi came to Honami style Rom What a coincidence and his own.

I managed to flash the Hanomi Style , but the problem with this wifi persists. I do not know what to do , maybe damaged...

Honami Style ROM comes with 3 WiFi options , DO NOT Try the Syria’s one , you should select either USA or Other Countries , anyway i’m making a stock-based-rom for Xperia S/SL/AS/ION , which is coming soon . :)
    wow man does it work ??!!
    i moved out of Syria i hope i could try it :(
    u have an android page on Facebook don't u ?
    wow man does it work ??!!
    i moved out of Syria i hope i could try it :(
    u have an android page on Facebook don't u ?

Yes man ! it works !!! perfect fix for this problem

yup i have android page in arabic :)
    Can you send me your facebook group link please?:eek:

"Android Community", links are banned here :p .