Messaging app from 2.2/2.2.2

Search This thread

mkmck

Feb 1, 2011
I need the messaging app from Froyo for Milestone 2. Could someone upload it for me? :) I will be appreciated

mkmck

Feb 1, 2011
Hmm, I was trying to change the conversation.apk (it's a sms app) in Gingerbread to this from Froyo but it's not so easy as I thought :p I was trying to paste it to system/app and change permissions but it don't want to work with the 2.3.4. Maybe you have any idea how to do this :D

roguefan99

Aug 19, 2010
Adelaide
The are a few issues with trying to use the Blur apps in non-blur roms. I used to like the Blur clock (for the dock) and tried to get it into CM7, but gave up instead and just used the default app.

For SMS, have a play with goSMS, its pretty similar to the blur one (they have a few skins which are similar, I changed my up and skinned it differently anyway)

WhatsUserName

Nov 16, 2011
I get a bit confused here. I just can't just instal Froyo messaging apk to have the ballon like visualisation? Just using specific apps?
Go message doesn't work to me, when message have 160+ characters when I send te people who receves get symbols like "! & %" and can't read.