[ROM][5/17/2013][JB 4.2.2 CM10.1][Tablet UI]

Search This thread

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
I meant where it says Illuminati n likes and all that, that's where it doesn't scroll
dejy5ype.jpg

Sent from CM10.1 using Tapatalk HD

What is the name of that theme?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda premium

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
v4.4.11 Inverted (Dark theme) - Build v5 *BETA* (Thanks to rujelus22 and B-boy)

Its on a post that's titled YouTube mod on xda

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1529715

[MOD] YouTube 4.4.11 (v5b), *1080p* / 720p HD (over WiFi & 3G), screen off playback

Reactions: irish_711

Jester6

Feb 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
Reupped, edited OP.

Edit: working on a new build, fixed most of the weird layout issues (even youtube problem) but you still have to use a third party launcher trebuchet just doesn't play nice with tablet ui. May be up tonight more likely tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

irish_711

Mar 29, 2012
Moto G5 Plus
Reupped, edited OP.

Edit: working on a new build, fixed most of the weird layout issues (even youtube problem) but you still have to use a third party launcher trebuchet just doesn't play nice with tablet ui. May be up tonight more likely tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you much for this ROM. I'll wait until your next update to flash. Although might get antsy and go ahead and flash this anyway.

Sent from my UnSense ThunderBolt using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Reupped, edited OP.

Would a stock Jelly Bean Launcher perform any better than Trebuchet?

Would try myself but currently don't have this ROM installed.

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Reupped, edited OP.

Have u tried a change in LCD density?

Well, just trying out Hash's CM (Jester's dropbox got too much traffic yesterday :D ) and I'm using apex pro. It's at least twice as snappy as with all the Amazon on there (and also LMT and onequick running in the background). Battery is also very solid. As this Rom is based off his, I would think it would be very similar. Overall, apex runs just as good as trebuchet and there's none of the bugs of trebuchet.

from my Viped out one x

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012

Sorry I meant just the "Stock" Launcher.apk that ships with Jelly Bean 4.2, but thinking about it more I guess it'll perform near enough on par with Trebuchet since I think TabletUI was removed in 4.2 so doubt the "Stock" Launcher.apk will be optimized for it.

AmrBanawan

Nov 26, 2012
Alexandria
CM10.1 Tablet UI

This is CM10.1 with Tablet UI for the Kindle Fire HD 7", it is built on Hashcodes rom. The trebuchet launcher needs to be tweaked a bit to better support tablet UI but works just fine the way it is and is of little consequence since most of you will be switching out the default launcher anyway.

FEATURES:
Hashcodes CM10.1
Dual Pane View Style Settings
TabUI is Independent of DPI Changes
As I figure more out I will be adding to this

Instructions:
1. Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik
2. Flash ROM
3. Flash Latest GAPPS
4. Reboot

Download Link:
ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn91xwml5taz8qi/CM10.1TabUI.zip
MIRROR: https://mega.co.nz/#!lQJ3gSxJ!ZzZp9AyRF2urAON972CIRCbzlOxMFLXv7bzR2awEYfk
GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

AuxLV for the TabletUI initiative
Hashcode For Bringing Cm10.1 To Our KFHD!

Bugs:
This rom is built on Hashcodes CM10.1 so any bugs you may have found in his rom are also likely in this. Everything seems to be fully functional other than what already wasn't and the TabUI works without a hitch. I will keep this updated as Hashcode updates his rom for those of you who want to use it.

DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF YOU LIKE IT!!

Jester6

I tried to make the TabletUI modification to hashcode's CM10.1 latest build by myself and after a LONG trial-and-error process i finally succeeded, So now that i fully understand what you had to go through to bring TabletUI to us, I REALLY appreciate it, Thank you!

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Newest is up on mega, mirroring to dropbox.

OP updated

theres a problem with hashcodes cm10.1 newest release n like i thought it crossovered to ur rom, it freezes at bootscreen when google with gears underneath pops up. Tried three times n bricked kindle reflashing everything. Had bricked three times with hashcodes also, think i wouldve learned to make backup but NOPE , either way need to wait for updated rom from hashcode
:confused:

mechanizedmedic

Oct 25, 2011
silicon forest
The mega* link leads me to non functioning spam...You could always distribute via torrent. This way torrents could finally be used for "legitimate" purposes!

EDIT: nevermind, it worked from linux... yay!

Sent from Hell... in HD!

Last edited:

Jester6

Feb 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
theres a problem with hashcodes cm10.1 newest release n like i thought it crossovered to ur rom, it freezes at bootscreen when google with gears underneath pops up. Tried three times n bricked kindle reflashing everything. Had bricked three times with hashcodes also, think i wouldve learned to make backup but NOPE , either way need to wait for updated rom from hashcode
:confused:

Really? Strange, it works on mine. Does it happen all the time or just hangs occasionally?

Edit: Just noticed hashcode updated again so I'll build again after work.

Last edited:

irish_711

Mar 29, 2012
Moto G5 Plus
Edit: Just noticed hashcode updated again so I'll build again after work.

If you're using his new one that's set to 1500 Mhz, I'm pretty sure I read he's going to release another update that's set to 1200 with to option to up it to 1500 in the Performance menu, so you might as well hold off for a bit. But that's obviously your decision.

Jester6

Feb 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
If you're using his new one that's set to 1500 Mhz, I'm pretty sure I read he's going to release another update that's set to 1200 with to option to up it to 1500 in the Performance menu, so you might as well hold off for a bit. But that's obviously your decision.

Yep, that's the plan. I took the links down this morning, may try torrenting the next release, I've got a few things I need to work on anyways so give me a couple days and I should have something worked out.

Reactions: irish_711
Hey Jester, I'm on Hash's CM that he released yesterday. Seems some people had some problems with that one and also seems some are having problems with his new build he put out just today. So.....dunno. Maybe if you could leave links up for 1500 version and your "new new" version. Don't know if that would be too much trouble but maybe then if preople can't get one version to boot, then maybe they can the other? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

from my Viped out one x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.1 Tablet UI

This is CM10.1 with Tablet UI for the Kindle Fire HD 7", it is built on Hashcodes rom. Nova launcher is installed by default as Trebuchet does not play nice with Tablet UI.

FEATURES:
    Hashcodes CM10.1
    Dual Pane View Style Settings
    TabUI is Independent of DPI Changes
    Nova Launcher 2.1 is default launcher *set desktop width margins to none for best results, change grid size to your preference!*
    Ad blocking via hosts file

Instructions:
    1. Wipe System/Factory Reset (Data)/Cache/Dalvik
    - If coming from previous build (1.1) data wipe not needed. If coming from amazon, WIPE.
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Latest GAPPS
    4. Flash Play Store DPI fix *Mandatory*
    5. Reboot

*Recommend changing I/O scheduler to noop*

Download Link:
    ROM: https://mega.co.nz/#!pVJynIoA!LIiPOgqauKLBB1HAK5WQPwCo_YAA4eFu4z3XiEH9OXI
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
    GPLAY DPI FIX: https://mega.co.nz/#!8VonnAyL!Z7rsHT38WQ-GWXtI5nusRXfqxfF-FG902t3LGq49KVA

AuxLV for the TabletUI initiative
    Hashcode For Bringing Cm10.1 To Our KFHD!

Bugs:
    This rom is built on Hashcodes CM10.1 so any bugs you may have found in his rom are also likely in this. Everything seems to be fully functional other than what already wasn't and the Tab UI works without a hitch. I will keep this updated as Hashcode updates his rom for those of you who want to use it.

DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF YOU LIKE IT!!
    You are awesome bro why didnt hash think of this...well he is rude haha and never replys :p this is just what iv been looking for ;) it would be cool if you would add your own boot animation or something to make it a bit more individual ;) but great work dude ;)

It has nothing to do with "hash not thinking of this". If you follow my work on any of the Kindle's -- I've never added anything which isn't supported by the CM base, as this would be sort of hard to get setup as an official CM device.

And even if I wasn't aiming at official support for the HDs... you're saying you want me to stop working on audio fixes, HDMI, otg support, deep sleep and 3d performance updates to add and maintain a tablet UI?

I do apologize if I don't respond to every message. I normally receive about 20-50 a day across the 12 devices that I work on and that's just XDA.

I think, this is a perfect mod for a ROM dev to make from the base CM sources (though, I would love to work with the SGT7 devs to get some of this merged into CM)

It gets the community involved and lets me continue to improve the underlying device functions.

Great work Jester6.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Changelog:

1.0 Initial release

1.1a Not released

rebased to Hascodes newest upload. (OC to 1500 default)
    dpi set to 178 default (resolves a lot of weirdness with tab ui)
    nova launcher beta 2.1 is now default, removed trebuchet (set desktop width margins to none, change grid size to your preference)
    changed boot anmimation
    tweaked some stuff for battery life

rebased to Hashcodes newest
    Ad blocking via hosts file
    Default kernel (1.2 Ghz) back for those of you having problems with OC
    Nova Launcher 2.1 Stable is default
    Moar battery life

Screenshots:

glMQQG6.png

4b2YkJs.png

UfrKExl.png

oykGPnR.png

ZbFv92q.png
    Well I didn't want to double post but since its been about a month since this thread was touched I thought I would. Just wanted to ask since I haven't seen jester on in a while are you updating this to the new cm10.1 update since hash code released a new version with the audio fix and other improvememts? I really personally want to flash the latest one to fix the audio problems I have with apps like Google music, but I don't want to goto base cm to do so. Just wondering if your still around.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

I'm still here, been on vacation for the past few weeks and the kindle was at home. First day back is tuesday so if I feel up to it i'll rebase to hashcodes newest build tomorrow and get it out to you.
    I figured that would happen, damn Dropbox. I'll reupload it when I get home from work.