[ROM] devoid. #froyo-final

Search This thread

PhusioN01

Jan 2, 2011
Amazing update, Noejn , but I've detected problems on some applications:

- SetCPU force closes everytime I change anything (clocks, governors);
- Terminal force closes;
- VMHeapTool says "Write access for the system partition was not established on your device" even though I gave it root permissions;
- Zeam is a bit sluggish for me.

(Modules installed: blink, gapps, gingerbread, gpsfix, hwacc, kernel, tapps)

Everything else is working fine for now. Once again, excellent work with this rom, it has become my favorite!

EDIT: SetCPU and Terminal fixed with reinstall.

And, if anyone knows, how can I transfer the wallpapers that were available in Zeam to LauncherPro?

Last edited:

domenic_s

Nov 17, 2010
Problem by installing the gingerbread theme. It force close the gb-launcher so i stuck now... -.-

(installed blink, kernel, gingerbread, a2sd, hwacc)

// problem solved by reflashing the rom.

Last edited:

vinnux

Nov 9, 2010
Ragusa
Well... i noticed that gallery can't load pictures... is it an issue affecting my telephone or did anybody find such a thing too?

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Kaerper

Jan 9, 2011
Is it possible to overwrite the settings in missed message flasher free? if i check notifications tones for example it works until i reboot the phone....

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Has the status bar color been modified? the buttons: wireless, gps, etc are still white or black?

Check the attachments on the second post.

If I have gps problems, which problems I've got?

Can I use gpsfix module without knowing if I have those problems?

Try first to see if it works, it should.

Just installed, very smooth install, easiest than install custom recovery ;)
now created folders kernel,a2sd, blink, hwacc, gpsfix and rebooted. Waiting for the process to complete! Only thing that maybe I don't like is leaving of launcherpro as default, Can I eventually install it myself?

Yes

Amazing update, Noejn , but I've detected problems on some applications:

- SetCPU force closes everytime I change anything (clocks, governors);
- Terminal force closes;
- VMHeapTool says "Write access for the system partition was not established on your device" even though I gave it root permissions;
- Zeam is a bit sluggish for me.

(Modules installed: blink, gapps, gingerbread, gpsfix, hwacc, kernel, tapps)

Everything else is working fine for now. Once again, excellent work with this rom, it has become my favorite!

EDIT: SetCPU and Terminal fixed with reinstall.

And, if anyone knows, how can I transfer the wallpapers that were available in Zeam to LauncherPro?

Weird, everything works for me, didn't need to reinstall anything.

Yes, VM Heap Tool doesn't support P500 at the moment. Forgot to remove it.
Maybe an update will come out soon, I've already pmed the dev.

Zeam is a bit slower than LauncherPro, it's normal you experience a bit FPS Lag while scrolling. But trust me, Zeam will get big soon.

By the way, Zeam is the launcher on basic theme. On GB it's Gingerbread Launcher.

For the wallpaper, get a rooted file manager somewhere.
Go to /system/framework, copy framework-res.apk to your SDcard.
Plug it to the PC and connect through USB, open framework-res.apk with a zip, go to /res/drawable/ or something and there you'll find default_wallpaper.jpg. Extract it to /media/wallpapers/ on your SDcard and it should now appear on the gallery.

Is it possible to overwrite the settings in missed message flasher free? if i check notifications tones for example it works until i reboot the phone....

How so?
Make sure to activate blink module. It'll then install MMF and let you customize it without killing the application @ reboot.

zxhian

Dec 1, 2010
as always, great work flashed everything except gapps and sapps, phone is snappier and responsive as ever, love the customization tweak by creating folders. boot logo is elite! mimimalist elegant, simple

did encounter a boot loop, my bad, created the folders all in one time. thought the phone went haywire, it went fine after 3 minutes (figured it modified the base automatically with each loop)

void charlie rocks! will report on this thread if encountered any errors

Last edited:

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
did encounter a boot loop, my bad, created the folders all in one time. thought the phone went haywire, it went fine after 3 minutes (figured it modified the base automatically with each loop)

Nah, it's normal, I warned about it.
I did the same (creating 6 folders) and the boot after took like 5 minutes.

Aye, @ each loop settings are changed.
One/two loops for folder. Do the math :p

denzphee

Nov 25, 2008
NY
saw the devoid. awesome. although i did enable HW:A. thanks for that. i was just thinking the void had sooooo many options. maybe too much. i wanted simplicity and *poof* you read my mind. heheheh thanks

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
saw the devoid. awesome. although i did enable HW:A. thanks for that. i was just thinking the void had sooooo many options. maybe too much. i wanted simplicity and *poof* you read my mind. heheheh thanks

I need to reupload devoid. though, don't flash the version you already downloaded.
Wait until tomorrow or you'll regret it :x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    void. #forever (android 2.3.4) has been released, featuring increased performance and battery.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125870

But I don't like my favorite community to be sad so...
    I present you devoid. #froyo-final.

features:
    * Crazy unbranding and deapking
    * Patched hosts
    * GPS settings tweaked
    * Browser settings tweaked
    * Build.prop tweaked
    * Patched SQLite
    * Ramdisk tweaked
    * ZRAM support (active by default)
    * Added ringtones and notifications
    * Replaced boot "animation"
    * Boot tweaked to be faster
    * Replaced homescreen wallpaper
    * Removed more useless trash
    * Auto-zipalign @ boot (new@p500)
    * Strict minfree handler tweak (new@p500)
    * Smartass is now the default governor
    * Noein's secret performance tweaks recipe
    * I always forget other things, blame Moskovskaya!

And of course, kernel is FrancoKernel v15.1.
    Don't flash any other kernel, only Franco's updates (v15.2, etc).

important:
    * I don't attend to requests to add applications. Devoid's philosophy is to strip everything to a minimum and make sure you use the goddamn market.
    * You are a community, help each other out. If someone needs a stock application which is not on the market, give him a hand.
    * I won't add a powermenu or overscroll, it's easy but I'm lazy sorry.
    * Want FM Radio, Calculator, Browser or Calendar? - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14598612&postcount=1554 (thanks)

instructions:
    * The usual; the zip is signed and uses edify so you can flash both on cwm and amon_ra recoveries.

download:
    * By clicking here you agree wholeheartedly to give me your soul as well as your fealty to me for the rest of your life (I'm not kidding).
    (md5: ebc3c33536c4412fbe772bd5bf08e038 - sha1: 4316d2443e9321e351a2d04747b0527e1568db68)

* There'll be no more updates; only through franco's kernel. check out his topic.
    * If you want to donate money to me, don't. donate to franco instead, he's the real star of this community.

How many souls I own? + these!

Support or any other questions will be made by twitter, I have created an account especially for this as it is easier for me to help you guys.
    void. has been discontinued.
    it will come back when 2.3 sources are out.
    Here is fm radio and 3 esentional aps (browser, calendar and calc) I use in francos devoid. There sure will be no problem to flash it in this rom, too.