Unified Remote - it works on Galaxy Gear!

Search This thread

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
After listening to some tips on this forum about Unified Remote, I just wanted to share good news with you guys.

The app DOES WORK! It doesn't require tethering through phone, as there is a direct connection made between Gear-PC. Your PC must be equipped in bluetooth of course. Make sure you turn on bluetooth in Unified Remote options on your PC. After that search for new server with your Gear.

Below few screenshots of sample remotes. There is about 0,3 sec lag so it's nearly latency free ;)

I love the idea of controlling my PC from my wrist. I can change volume, shuffle songs, play/pause movies and way more.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

ovXH7Np.png

Mouse control - just move your finger around the screen to control the pointer :)

d5R2hbj.png

Media controller - change volume, songs etc (Winamp, Media Player, MusicBee, Foobar etc)

Hl4MWlv.png

i created this small remote to control media player classic. i can play/pause videos, switch to next episode, rewind etc.

it's sending keystrokes to your currently running app, so you can create anything you like.

tonerwerk

Sep 13, 2014
How it works? And for wich gear it is?

Hello!

This works on gear 1 or gear 2? Or both?

And how you got the App on the gear? Or it´s a ready Download on GalaxyGear Apps?

Thanx

Tonerwerk

speedme

Jun 12, 2006
Breda
I have a HTPC (Home Theater PC) at home which I control using a BT keyboard (and build-in mousepad).
I have XBMC running on it.

Would I be able to control my XBMC with this app ?

Would be awesome if I could :D

wilbr

Jan 5, 2011
I have it on my Gear 1 with the Null Rom. Unified Remote is a Play Store app so you need to be on Null. I've used it via BT on my HTPC with XBMC and Spotify. Works great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After listening to some tips on this forum about Unified Remote, I just wanted to share good news with you guys.

The app DOES WORK! It doesn't require tethering through phone, as there is a direct connection made between Gear-PC. Your PC must be equipped in bluetooth of course. Make sure you turn on bluetooth in Unified Remote options on your PC. After that search for new server with your Gear.

Below few screenshots of sample remotes. There is about 0,3 sec lag so it's nearly latency free ;)

I love the idea of controlling my PC from my wrist. I can change volume, shuffle songs, play/pause movies and way more.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

ovXH7Np.png

Mouse control - just move your finger around the screen to control the pointer :)

d5R2hbj.png

Media controller - change volume, songs etc (Winamp, Media Player, MusicBee, Foobar etc)

Hl4MWlv.png

i created this small remote to control media player classic. i can play/pause videos, switch to next episode, rewind etc.

it's sending keystrokes to your currently running app, so you can create anything you like.