[Q] Plugin WhatsApp for LiveView

Search This thread

Bluewall

Apr 7, 2010
Sion
fr.miui.ch
Hello everybody,

I'm sure we have here some WhatsApp lover. And of course some who have the liveview from Sony Ericsson :)

I love my liveview because i can leave my phone in my bag like in school and just watch what happen on my mobile with it.

But i use really often WhatsApp and I could be glad to have notifications on this little gadget :p

First of all, anyone knows if there is a plugin for it?

And second, is anyone interessed in making this?

btw, thank you to have read what i've wrotte :

PS: Or what about a simple plugin for every notifications, just showing it have a notification on the phone?

Last edited:

tommy1971

Dec 10, 2005
mr2.hk
Ok guys. I have this working. And here's how.

1 install a plug in from the market called Custom Notifier
2 allow the plug in to read your notifications by going into Settings, Accessibility
3 enable the plug in, in the LiveView app
4 select which apps you want to be notified about
5 press the thanks button
6 enjoy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

I have installed the custom notifier but can't see it in the liveview plugin list, do you know why?

krumbs

Jan 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.krumbs.in
I have installed the custom notifier but can't see it in the liveview plugin list, do you know why?

You must be on ICS. Liveview is not yet updated for it. A workaround:
Longpress on the homescreen, choose Shortcuts - Activity - Custom Notifier. Select the first activity from the three that show up for Custom Notifier.
That will create an icon on the homescreen for Custom Notifier. Select it, and choose Enable.
Now it should show up in Liveview.
You can do the same for other plugins that do not show up.

Gyrael

May 2, 2010
are notifications supposed to appear on the liveview screen or is the normal behavior to just light up green notification LED and you will need to go to the Plugins/All Events to view the notification?

Gyrael

May 2, 2010
I don't know if it's just me but when I started using the CustomPlugin Notifier, the liveview doesn't seem to disconnect from the phone..which is a good thing.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

gelvlc

Feb 26, 2011
valencia
Hi everyone.
I installed the CustomNotifierPugin with Liveview Charm for connection stability and that is my opinion.
It works fine with whatsapp notifications! :)
But if you don't see the notification in the mobile you will can receive the notification in repeat times. I'm not sure :( But with the "Launcher plugin" you can launch whatsapp and maybe the notification gone. :p Edit: Well i tried but doesn't works :(
Anybody knows how we can take off the notification after it displays?
And you can't launch the app(whatsapp) from liveview. :(
Thanks for give us the opportunity to enjoy our liveview.
And sorry for my bad english.
Grettings.

Last edited:

tcpma

Nov 16, 2008
Milano
I have Samsung S3 jelly bean, customnotifierliveview is incompatible with Talkback: after installing plugin, S3 talks with no chance of deactivate talkback..any other plugin for whatsapp?

Last edited:

vegeta2

Mar 8, 2011
I built something for that a while back, haven't been updating it though...
https://github.com/shirioko/WA-Plugin

I might look into it today (dusted off my old LiveView) or someone else might pick it up.

This requires root access as it reads directly from the sqlite db files.

have tried your WA-Plugin.apk

after starting it, phone restartet and it had bootloop :/

galaxy Note n7000

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192472

this rom

have also the TTS problem :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys. I have this working. And here's how.

1 install a plug in from the market called Custom Notifier
    2 allow the plug in to read your notifications by going into Settings, Accessibility
    3 enable the plug in, in the LiveView app
    4 select which apps you want to be notified about
    5 press the thanks button
    6 enjoy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
    Hello everybody,

I'm sure we have here some WhatsApp lover. And of course some who have the liveview from Sony Ericsson :)

I love my liveview because i can leave my phone in my bag like in school and just watch what happen on my mobile with it.

But i use really often WhatsApp and I could be glad to have notifications on this little gadget :p

First of all, anyone knows if there is a plugin for it?

And second, is anyone interessed in making this?

btw, thank you to have read what i've wrotte :

PS: Or what about a simple plugin for every notifications, just showing it have a notification on the phone?
    if whatsapp plugin usd$1.99 , who want to buy ?