[APP][UPDATE:18/8] TencentDesktop - MIUI Style Launcher (腾讯桌面 腾讯)

Search This thread

Rapier07

Nov 30, 2010
Mumbai
Ok here it is, I can not say that I made it, cos I just ported it from @Hund's SuaveHD themes ;)

Suave for QQLauncher:
suavey.png

Beautiful...
works perfectly:)

maxtcee

Jan 25, 2009
South Jerz
Ok here it is, I can not say that I made it, cos I just ported it from @Hund's SuaveHD themes ;)

Suave for QQLauncher:
suavey.png

How to install:
1) follow menu > theme
75896781.png

2) follow themes gallery
88494280.png

3) download this theme from web gallery (but do not apply it yet)
90846048.png

4) download my zip and extract it, then move file '圆润有爱' to /sdcard/QQLauncher/theme/ (replace with downloaded one)

5) go back to theme gallery and apply downloaded theme (there will be old preview, so just set it)

Important: tested on mdpi only
Download: http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/32249275/file.html

Dammed this looks good on my tab

ZduneX25

Recognized Themer
Nov 4, 2010
miuipolska.pl
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi 5
@Quinny899 an idea, you should move your translation from /values-en to /values and existing one from /values to /values-cn, cos I Polish user have still Chinese, if you would put your strings.xml over /values your translation would be global :p
@Rapier07 & @maxtcee am glad, enjoy :)

jab51270

May 10, 2010
Was so excited to see the new translation. Problem is it won't install now :-(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
Anyway to speed this launcher up? Im even using zepps v6 super charger

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

maxtcee

Jan 25, 2009
South Jerz
Also works for sensation
Edit how to change wallpaper I like the one from previous version tanks

Last edited:

Taine0

Nov 22, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][UPDATE:18/8] TencentDesktop - MIUI Style Launcher (腾讯桌面 腾讯)

Here is the translation of Tencent's Tencent Desktop.
    Note: I didn't make this app, I just translated it using UziTech's Android Translator

What is Tencent Desktop?

Tencent Desktop is a translation of the Chinese Dev's MIUI Style Launcher. it doesn't have an app drawer, has some MIUI icons, supports themes and has iPhone/MIUI lookalike folders. It runs very smoothly on slow phones (such as my LG GT540) and has a dockbar with up to 4 icon support.

Market description, translated:
    Tencent Desktop for Chinese users accustomed to fully optimize the user desktop experience is an easy to use, compact, convenient and reliable, the most simple and efficient, beautiful, professional mobile desktop.

Original market page

Screenshots
    td1.png
    td2.png

td3.png
    td4.png

td5.png
    td6.png

td7.png
    td8.png

Download
    Download from XDA

--------------------------------------------------------
    |SO FAR OLD VERSION: |
    | Download from my Dropbox (mirror)|
    --------------------------------------------------------

Note: This new version is pre-signed

Installation note: If you get "application not installed" backup your current Tencent Desktop's layout in the settings & the app in Titanium backup, uninstall and install the new version.

TO DO

• Possibly link it to Google's weather service for worldwide weather from built in widget
    • Translate some more hidden stuff (may link to online?)
    • Landscape?
    • Support for English theme names
    • Fix dimensions (dimensions.xml)

FAQ
    1. I've noticed an error in translation. What do I do?
    A. Post it here. I may just fix it. (I know about the "A key clean" one)

2. How do you get the transparent bar?
    A. Look up ZduneX25's MIUI theme & patch on XDA.

3. What is that widget?
    A. GO Weather with the MIUI theme

4. How do you translate an app?
    A. Decompile it in apktool, find strings.xml, copy it's text into the UziTech translator (see top) and follow the instructions there.

Thank's for reading! :D
    More English

Okay, thank you Quinny899 for translating most of this app from Chinese to English. Really, I mean thank you. This is quite an awesome launcher. Anyway, even though you translated so much of this app, I saw a lot of Chinese in it. So I went ahead and use Google's multilingual android app to translate even more of this app. The apk has been translated, compiled, and signed. So just feel free to install, and hit the "Thanks!" button for me. Thank you!
    Pretty nice launcher. Went to market and found another by the same group that works even better for me.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tencent.qqlauncher&feature=search_result

Give it a look, may just find you like this the best!
    Just for everyone else wanting to know how to theme icons for this thing.

theres a log list with the activity names of your icons in sd/qqlauncher/log.txt, it lists the correct activities for all your apps, but it displays them with upper case characters, so you need to make the .pngs have all lowercase otherwise the system won't use the icons. I suggest using notepad++ to read the log list too, as it displays it all nice and cleanly compared to the normal notepad.

Use 7zip on the theme file in sd/qqlauncher/theme and just add your images to the icons section of that.

I've found 86 x 86 is the best size and the size that this app uses for it's "hd" icons, i tried some 120 x 120 icons and they wouldn't work. so yeah.. stick to that size.

Hope this helps someone. Took me a while to figure out, specially the lowercase thing.

edit: oh yeah, I changed the page indicators, too.
    unled1vm.png

just extract the APK and change the walkerdot images to whatever you like.

Trying out my WIP icons on this launcher.
    Suave for QQLauncher

Suave for QQLauncher:
    suavey.png

How to install:
    1) follow menu > theme
    75896781.png

2) follow themes gallery
    88494280.png

3) download this theme from web gallery (but do not apply it yet)
    90846048.png

4) download my zip and extract it, then move file '圆润有爱' to /sdcard/QQLauncher/theme/ (replace with downloaded one)

5) go back to theme gallery and apply downloaded theme (there will be old preview, so just set it)

Important: tested on mdpi only
    Download: http://uploading.com/files/d59a2aab/pure_suave_for_qqlauncher_by_zdunex25-d46haoo.zip/