UPDATED (Ics update) att.en.us.

Search This thread

xavierdelm

Sep 28, 2010
I'm so excited its like Christmas in July :) I have the night off and am willing to donate my time and my A2 for testing

Sent from my dumb phone, (my smartphone was my moto droid oc to 1.2ghz and running cm2 flawlessly)

venezuelanboy

Jun 21, 2012
I am very excited about this, I thought we'd have to wait much longer to enjoy ICS. I know nothing about CWR installation or root or of ROMs but at least I have hope that soon I got the OTA! Haha this is very exciting I swear.

Jce9182

Feb 2, 2012
Philly pa
My download is just hanging at 0%. Says download will resume in Wi-Fi coverage, which I'm using right now. Rebooting doesn't help it just keeps trying. How can I get it to give it up so I can retry?

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I have not attempted root yet. I just flashed with stock recovery and then fx'd back to make sure we still could.. did not want to end up like the OG atrix guys.

I am thinking we will have to use the same method that they used with the SEARET/MEARET leaks.

--EDIT---

I am building a CWM flash-able zip for this, and I will include root and superuser.apk for the ICS level.

Well the fun is on guys... I will be quite for a while, while I have together a CWM flash for this thing.

Thanks so much for all that you do, Jim.

Btw, the Chinese found out a relatively simple way to gain root through adb on their ICS:
-Symlink /data to /data/local/12m/batch
-Reboot
-Write "ro.kernel.qemu=1" to /data/local.prop
-Reboot

It should work for us, too.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

marquavious

Feb 9, 2011
That didn't work? Woah idk. But yea it shouldn't stay there for ever

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
just remember if you flash this, that you are taken off the OTA track, and cheesecake does not work with ICS right now!

You will have to rely on others that the real OTA is out.

Just something to think about here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently there is no way to flash back to gb. Our awesome devs are looking into a solution. If you upgrade to this leaked ics you will be stuck there. You will also be off the upgrade path for the official ics ota.

You have been warned.

This has turned i into a no headeaded monster.

EVERYONE!!!

I have had some success with this!

I am going to make a CWM flashable patch for this, so wish me luck.
    Just to let everyone know, I am going to be the guinea pig for this one.... since this phone is my hacker phone...

I will report back in a while... hang tight.

To the OP, just hold off posting the link to everyone until I can confirm we can fxz back after I update to this.

--EDIT--

Everyone, stay excited, this is looking good, so far.

--2nd EDIT---

I will also update the all in one script I am finishing up, to include the moto fail files for ics, and we can all thank Dan Rosenburg for that!
    Agree, but hell, time pass so freaking slow rigth now :D

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

To all,

ICSupercharged Coming soon, stay tuned.getting my hands dirty as we speak.expect a release in the next couple days. i wanna let u guys play with stock meanwhile ;)
    Can anyone offer me some help on rooting this? Ota Rootkeeper didn't keep it for me, and I tried a method for the razr to no avail... pm's or posts please.. or cogeary, can you link that or explain a bit more?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Yeah I have a script for both linux/mac users and a batch for the windows side of the house. I will upload it now.

I am also uploading a CWM backup as we speak, that is rooted.

Here is the A2 root scripts... the .bat file is for windows, and the .sh is for linux/mac, and I am sure most you guys know.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45576654/A2_ICS_root.zip