[ROM][LOTK][4.2.2] Unoffical SlimBean Nightly **UPDATE** Version 7.5 [evita]

Search This thread

mikshepard

Apr 7, 2010
Minneapolis
This is an Unoffical port of SlimBean ROM for our device. I had no part of the development, I only compiled it.

Slim-Bean-UNOFFICIAL-594x460.png

This is lightweight and fast JellyBean 4.2.2 AOSP-based, with tweaks from CM10.1 and AOKP. I like it as it is a powerful ROM with many settings and options but without feeling too bloated with features that many don't use. You won't find a PIE option or Per-App dpi settings here, but you will find many customizations to make this run exactly as you see fit. Here's some of what it offers:

-8 Lockscreen targets
-Notification bar and drawer transparency settings
-Custom carrier label
-Battery bar
-CM Power Widget
-Hardware key custom actions (including back button)
-Disable lockscreen widgets and/or usability hints
-Quiet Hours
-DashClock Widget built in
-Widgets Viewpager (a kind of locker at the bottom of the screen for widgets that can be called by a hardware -key assignment, very cool)
-linaro -O3 flags
-Dark Slim option (a built in theme to darken everything)
-much more...

Changelog

SlimBean 7-24-13 Nightly
One last build for Android 4.2 (4.3 is already being merged)
Latest nightly for SlimBean 7.5
Option to have incoming calls stay in backround.
Fixed commandline tools (i.e bash not working right)

SlimBean 7-22-13 Nightly
Updated sources to latest 7.5 build
Added some minor fixes and more commandline tools

7-18-13 Nightly
7-18-13 Nightly with xtra APN for LTE taken from here

Latest nightly for SlimBean 7.2
Fixes to TRDS messenging text colors.
Storage Settings: Allow user to trigger a volume rescan
Backup: Use native google backup system to backup profile feature
Latest nightly for SIimBlean 7.0
Voicemail no longer dials *86
Statusbar Quick Peek option (swipe down to view in full screen modes)
Mem fixes
Dashclock Updates
Gapps updated (linked below)
Linaro -O3 optimizations
Latest CM 3.4 kernel from Cyanogenmod sources

Be sure to use the Slim Gapps (linked below), they are toggleable for use with The Real Dark Slim

5-10-13 Nightly -
Latest nightly for SlimBean v5.1
Now includes a second level for PIE
Nova launcher included by default
Changes to MMS and Recent Apps Switcher
More optimizations
New kernel tweaks for better performance
Enjoy

5-6-13 Rebase
This is a rebase of the 4-25-13 Build. After a long battle, the camera is now fully functional, enjoy.

4-25-13 Nightly -
Latest codefreeze for Slimbean 4.2.2 Build 4.2
Switched back to Cyanogenmod sources for kernel
Fixed headphone detection on ROM side, switching kernels won't break it anymore!
Default dpi is 240 (can be easily switched back to 320)
Apks optimized, reducing memory and hopefully better multitasking.
cLock is added back in.
Integrated, resource-friendly PIE, which allows for custom assignments (including apps)
Assign Button Action to hardware menu key longpress in Lockscreen
Fixed "void endpwent()" error for sshd
Built with better linaro -O3 handling
Switched to Evervolv's kernel
Also more stuff that I'm forgetting. Enjoy!

NOT WORKING IN THIS VERSION: camera/video -- See the newer builds above, this has been fixed.

4/11/13 Nightly -
-Removed default music app and added Apollo
-Added Launcher2 tweaks by JamieG71 (will feel much snappier)
-Compiled busybox with linaro -O3 flags (may increase speed)
-Added CM LockClock back in, for those that don't like DashWidget
-Fixed bash error "void endpwent()(3) is not implemented on Android", good riddance!
-Compiled command-line utilities: ssh, scp, netcat, openvpn, rsync, and htop into ROM
-Added Terminal emulator into build
-Added a few other tweaks I'm forgetting here
THIS BUILD IS VERY SMOOTH AND SNAPPY, ENJOY!!

4/5/13 Nightly
-First release. Compiled kernel with linaro -O3 flages, swapped in my themed blue DeskClock, added extra alarm rington for some morning madness..

Credits:

kushdeck For making CM possible on the Jewel device, his kernel source is what is powering this ROM. His endless hours of work are much appreciated.

SlimRoms They really put together an amazing ROM.

jamieg71 His roms motivated me to start compiling my own, and his help allowed my to dive into adding linaro toolchains.

thicklizard For giving me a fix for a problem of headphones not being connected, wouldn't have gotten this without him.

Evervolv Using their sources helped fix some errors I was running into when porting this.\

I do not own this phone, thanks to Dustin, pside15, jrior001for testing this for me

Downloads:

Gapps:

Slim gapps
These Slim Gapps are recommended for use with this ROM, they are in an Aroma installer and feature the toggleable Gapps (for a Google apps dark look when The Real Dark Slim option is toggled)

Misc:

SlimBean offical add-ons (this ROM comes slimmed down and many things are available as an addon, email is located in the Extras package).

4.2 Camera with Photosphere This zip name is camera42patchedv2.zip, does anyone know the creator of it? I can't give proper credit as I downloaded it a while back and don't remember from where.. sorry

4.3 Camera Flash the 4.2 Photosphere zip above and then install this like any other apk. Works great!

EVOLTE-smaller.jpg

Hints

Enable Developer Settings: goto Settings --> About Phone --> Build Number, and click 7 times

Enable Rebot Menu (Reboot Recovery, Reboot Bootload, etc), goto Settings --> Developer Options --> Advanced Reboot, pick one

If you prefer the stock lockscreen handle, here is a link to set it to stock.

Explore their website, there are many add-ons for this ROM :D

Enjoy!
-Mike

Last edited:

mikshepard

Apr 7, 2010
Minneapolis
** HOW-TO COMPILE THIS YOURSELF **

Here are my notes on how to port SlimBean to our devices, should anyone be interested in compiling their own. I ran into a few headaches when I attempted this, so I’m hoping these notes will save others from that. The point of this tutorial is to teach newbies how to port a ROM, while I could do some things on my end make it easier to compile this ROM, I think it's important to outline all the steps involved in doing this by hand, so the methods may be applied to other ROM ports, not just SlimBean.

I compiled on a Debian Wheezy system, 64bit (squeeze should be the same). A 64-bit computer is required to compile Jellybean (ICS and above for that matter), so don’t attempt this on anything less. If you are unfamiliar with installing Debian, you can use LMDE, it's a live Debian system that you can install with minimal linux knowledge and works pretty nice. However the installation process is pretty easy for vanilla Debian and a good learning process, so give it a shot if you have the time.

Do this all as root

Download dependencies:

Code:
apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev libreadline6-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2 libxml2-utils schedtool pngcrush xsltproc zlib1g-dev lib32stdc++6 lib32ncurses5 ncurses-libs.i686 libstdc++.i686 libgcc.i686 lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z1-dev

Link files:

Code:
ln -s /lib32/libncurses.so.5 /lib32/libncurses.so

or for Ubuntu 10.10:

Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so

Install Google’s repo script:

Code:
mkdir ~/bin
PATH=~/bin:$PATH
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod 755 ~/bin/repo

Make your working Directory and start syncing with SlimBean

Code:
mkdir ~/slimbean; cd ~/slimbean
repo init -u git://github.com/SlimRoms/platform_manifest.git -b jb4.2
repo sync

Create a local_manifests file with Cyanogenmods sources for our phone and kernel (thanks to Deck’s work). This is porting part.

Code:
mkdir ~/slimbean/.repo/local_manifests
echo ‘<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<!-- CyanogenMod -->
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_evita" path="device/htc/evita" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_s4-common" path="device/htc/s4-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_msm8960-common" path="device/htc/msm8960-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" /> 
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960" path="kernel/htc/msm8960" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

<!-- Add HTC Proprietary Files -->
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_htc" path="vendor/htc" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

<!-- Add qcom-caf source for our phone -->
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_media-caf" remote="github" revision="jb4.2" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_display-caf" remote="github" revision="jb4.2" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_audio-caf" remote="github" revision="jb4.2" />

<!-- Add personal fixed bash -->
<remove-project name="SlimRoms/android_external_bash" />
<project path="external/bash" name="mikshepard/android_external_bash" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

</manifest>’ > ~/slimbean/.repo/local_manifests/evita.xml

Sync the repo again

Code:
repo sync

Create your device file for Slimbean (adapted from CM’s cm.mk file):

Code:
echo '# Specify phone tech before including full_phone
$(call inherit-product, vendor/slim/config/gsm.mk)

# Release name
PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := evita

# Boot animation
TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 1280
TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 720

# Inherit some common CM stuff.
$(call inherit-product, vendor/slim/config/common_full_phone.mk)

# Inherit device configuration
$(call inherit-product, device/htc/evita/device_evita.mk)

# Device naming
PRODUCT_DEVICE := evita
PRODUCT_NAME := slim_evita
PRODUCT_BRAND := htc
PRODUCT_MODEL := One X
PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := HTC

# Set build fingerprint / ID / Product Name etc.
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=htc_evita BUILD_FINGERPRINT=cingular_us/evita/evita:4.1.1/JRO03C/131981.6:user/release-keys PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="3.18.502.6 CL

# Copy compatible prebuilt files
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES +=  \
    vendor/slim/prebuilt/hdpi/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip' > ~/slimbean/device/htc/evita/slim.mk

then create a vendorsetup.sh file

Code:
echo “add_lunch_combo slim_evita-userdebug” >> ~/device/htc/evita/vendorsetup.sh

now we build our environment:

Code:
. build/envsetup.sh

get a list of all devices:

Code:
lunch

Choose slim_evita-userdebug (it should be option 9), and then create your ROM:

Code:
make bacon

when finished, it’ll be located in ~/slimbean/out/target/product/evita/

NOTE: if using a multi-core processor use "make -jX bacon" where X = the number of cores you have. For my duel-core processor, I use "make -j2 bacon".

TIP:

If you are into building, checkout my acompile script in my signature, it'll email you when your build is complete using Gmail's snmp and will include the time it took and the last few lines of the output. I find it very useful for knowing when my build is done (especially since they take me about 3+ hours apiece)

SOURCES:

This page helped a lot with a great tutorial on building ROMS

This forum is filled with great people who others with the building of ROMS. A great source when you run into errors you don’t understand.

Hope this helps someone,
-Mike

Last edited:

InflatedTitan

Jul 7, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sweet... I was wanting to try to bring this to Evita but haven't had much time. Thanks man, downloading now

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Myrder

Oct 30, 2012
Oklahoma City
Nicely done. I work entirely too much right now. Lol.

I had plans to bring this to evita and actually have source downloading right now for it, guess I can cancel that. :p

I'm going to have to try this out, very, very soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Gonna give this a try mik. I was working on it as well but never got close to getting it to compile. For you other crack flashers Im working on getting a Rootbox build up in a few days.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

vn1977

Oct 4, 2007
Very pleased with this ROM. The NFC switch actually works without a reboot and I'm not getting any weird frame buffer jitters like on the current unofficial CM10.1. Thank you for getting this running on the One X!

mikshepard

Apr 7, 2010
Minneapolis
Glad everyone is enjoying this ROM, it's my favorite to use. So many features, yet not very bloated, it's extremely well done. I wouldn't worry about battery life guys, it's been great on my Jewel device and since we share the same kernel, it should be same for the Evita. Flash and enjoy :)

Cheers,
Mike

vn1977

Oct 4, 2007
FYI, the zip to reset the lock screen handle to stock did not work for me.

vn1977

Oct 4, 2007
Hmm.. that's odd, it worked fine for me. Can anyone else confirm?

-Mike

Disregard... I had somehow downloaded the one from the FAQ on the slimroms site that was different than the one linked. The one linked on the OP worked, although when I rebooted "gapps" FC'd, but nothing seems affected by it. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an Unoffical port of SlimBean ROM for our device. I had no part of the development, I only compiled it.

Slim-Bean-UNOFFICIAL-594x460.png

This is lightweight and fast JellyBean 4.2.2 AOSP-based, with tweaks from CM10.1 and AOKP. I like it as it is a powerful ROM with many settings and options but without feeling too bloated with features that many don't use. You won't find a PIE option or Per-App dpi settings here, but you will find many customizations to make this run exactly as you see fit. Here's some of what it offers:

-8 Lockscreen targets
    -Notification bar and drawer transparency settings
    -Custom carrier label
    -Battery bar
    -CM Power Widget
    -Hardware key custom actions (including back button)
    -Disable lockscreen widgets and/or usability hints
    -Quiet Hours
    -DashClock Widget built in
    -Widgets Viewpager (a kind of locker at the bottom of the screen for widgets that can be called by a hardware -key assignment, very cool)
    -linaro -O3 flags
    -Dark Slim option (a built in theme to darken everything)
    -much more...

Changelog

SlimBean 7-24-13 Nightly
    One last build for Android 4.2 (4.3 is already being merged)
    Latest nightly for SlimBean 7.5
    Option to have incoming calls stay in backround.
    Fixed commandline tools (i.e bash not working right)

SlimBean 7-22-13 Nightly
    Updated sources to latest 7.5 build
    Added some minor fixes and more commandline tools

7-18-13 Nightly
    7-18-13 Nightly with xtra APN for LTE taken from here

Latest nightly for SlimBean 7.2
    Fixes to TRDS messenging text colors.
    Storage Settings: Allow user to trigger a volume rescan
    Backup: Use native google backup system to backup profile feature
    Latest nightly for SIimBlean 7.0
    Voicemail no longer dials *86
    Statusbar Quick Peek option (swipe down to view in full screen modes)
    Mem fixes
    Dashclock Updates
    Gapps updated (linked below)
    Linaro -O3 optimizations
    Latest CM 3.4 kernel from Cyanogenmod sources

Be sure to use the Slim Gapps (linked below), they are toggleable for use with The Real Dark Slim

5-10-13 Nightly -
    Latest nightly for SlimBean v5.1
    Now includes a second level for PIE
    Nova launcher included by default
    Changes to MMS and Recent Apps Switcher
    More optimizations
    New kernel tweaks for better performance
    Enjoy

5-6-13 Rebase
    This is a rebase of the 4-25-13 Build. After a long battle, the camera is now fully functional, enjoy.

4-25-13 Nightly -
    Latest codefreeze for Slimbean 4.2.2 Build 4.2
    Switched back to Cyanogenmod sources for kernel
    Fixed headphone detection on ROM side, switching kernels won't break it anymore!
    Default dpi is 240 (can be easily switched back to 320)
    Apks optimized, reducing memory and hopefully better multitasking.
    cLock is added back in.
    Integrated, resource-friendly PIE, which allows for custom assignments (including apps)
    Assign Button Action to hardware menu key longpress in Lockscreen
    Fixed "void endpwent()" error for sshd
    Built with better linaro -O3 handling
    Switched to Evervolv's kernel
    Also more stuff that I'm forgetting. Enjoy!

NOT WORKING IN THIS VERSION: camera/video -- See the newer builds above, this has been fixed.

4/11/13 Nightly -
    -Removed default music app and added Apollo
    -Added Launcher2 tweaks by JamieG71 (will feel much snappier)
    -Compiled busybox with linaro -O3 flags (may increase speed)
    -Added CM LockClock back in, for those that don't like DashWidget
    -Fixed bash error "void endpwent()(3) is not implemented on Android", good riddance!
    -Compiled command-line utilities: ssh, scp, netcat, openvpn, rsync, and htop into ROM
    -Added Terminal emulator into build
    -Added a few other tweaks I'm forgetting here
    THIS BUILD IS VERY SMOOTH AND SNAPPY, ENJOY!!

4/5/13 Nightly
    -First release. Compiled kernel with linaro -O3 flages, swapped in my themed blue DeskClock, added extra alarm rington for some morning madness..

Credits:

kushdeck For making CM possible on the Jewel device, his kernel source is what is powering this ROM. His endless hours of work are much appreciated.

SlimRoms They really put together an amazing ROM.

jamieg71 His roms motivated me to start compiling my own, and his help allowed my to dive into adding linaro toolchains.

thicklizard For giving me a fix for a problem of headphones not being connected, wouldn't have gotten this without him.

Evervolv Using their sources helped fix some errors I was running into when porting this.\

I do not own this phone, thanks to Dustin, pside15, jrior001for testing this for me

Downloads:

Gapps:

Slim gapps
    These Slim Gapps are recommended for use with this ROM, they are in an Aroma installer and feature the toggleable Gapps (for a Google apps dark look when The Real Dark Slim option is toggled)

Misc:

SlimBean offical add-ons (this ROM comes slimmed down and many things are available as an addon, email is located in the Extras package).

4.2 Camera with Photosphere This zip name is camera42patchedv2.zip, does anyone know the creator of it? I can't give proper credit as I downloaded it a while back and don't remember from where.. sorry

4.3 Camera Flash the 4.2 Photosphere zip above and then install this like any other apk. Works great!

EVOLTE-smaller.jpg

Hints

Enable Developer Settings: goto Settings --> About Phone --> Build Number, and click 7 times

Enable Rebot Menu (Reboot Recovery, Reboot Bootload, etc), goto Settings --> Developer Options --> Advanced Reboot, pick one

If you prefer the stock lockscreen handle, here is a link to set it to stock.

Explore their website, there are many add-ons for this ROM :D

Enjoy!
    -Mike
    What about the ROM??

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The current status of the beta ROM's I'm working on is that it works fine until you reboot, then you have to go into recovery and wipe the cache/delvik before booting, otherwise it locks up. I'm working on a fix but it's happening on both evita and jewel. I do run it as a daily driver, it just sucks if your battery dies and you need to turn your phone back on quickly. I'll keep working on it and get a working version out for you as soon as I can. Please be patient.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Are we going to see Build 6?

Bear with me guys, I'm moving currently and without internet until this weekend. I'll work on a new build as soon as I can though, believe me, I'm itching to play with a new build as bad as you guys are. I'll keep you all updated, thanks for your patience.

Hi! Your ROM is the best! But there are two problems: № 1 - during a call does not go off the screen and freezes, only restart helps. № 2 - screen wakeup by volume keys work when the power is on and when to turn off the power - does not work. These issues are critical for me. Please tell me how to fix it. I'm from Ukraine - sorry for my English. Thank you!

If you are using a kernel with Sweep-to-Wake, disable it using Kernel Turner or a similar app, this causes problems with the screen staying on during calls. The only instances I have of it doing this without Sweep-to-wake are when I'm outside during bright days, the screen kicks on during calls and I have to press the power button to get it to stay off. I am looking into a fix for this and will apply it once found. This is common on all AOSP ROM's for our phones and will hopefully be fixed in the newer kernels to come.

As for the Volume Key Wake option, I haven't used it but I'll look into it. Once I get internet back in my new house this weekend, I'll try to start compiling V6 of SlimBean sources for everyone, and I'll see what fixes for our phones I can incorporate into it as well.

Thanks for your patience,
    -Mike
    Hey guys, sorry the previous build didn't work out. I'm back in town though and got you new build to try out that will hopefully be better. Can I get a beta tester to see if the boot-loops are gone? Send me a PM and I'll get you a link.

Thanks for your patience all, I'm working on it.
    -Mike
    ** HOW-TO COMPILE THIS YOURSELF **

Here are my notes on how to port SlimBean to our devices, should anyone be interested in compiling their own. I ran into a few headaches when I attempted this, so I’m hoping these notes will save others from that. The point of this tutorial is to teach newbies how to port a ROM, while I could do some things on my end make it easier to compile this ROM, I think it's important to outline all the steps involved in doing this by hand, so the methods may be applied to other ROM ports, not just SlimBean.

I compiled on a Debian Wheezy system, 64bit (squeeze should be the same). A 64-bit computer is required to compile Jellybean (ICS and above for that matter), so don’t attempt this on anything less. If you are unfamiliar with installing Debian, you can use LMDE, it's a live Debian system that you can install with minimal linux knowledge and works pretty nice. However the installation process is pretty easy for vanilla Debian and a good learning process, so give it a shot if you have the time.

Do this all as root

Download dependencies:

Code:
    apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev libreadline6-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2 libxml2-utils schedtool pngcrush xsltproc zlib1g-dev lib32stdc++6 lib32ncurses5 ncurses-libs.i686 libstdc++.i686 libgcc.i686 lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z1-dev

Link files:

Code:
    ln -s /lib32/libncurses.so.5 /lib32/libncurses.so

or for Ubuntu 10.10:

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so

Install Google’s repo script:

Code:
    mkdir ~/bin
    PATH=~/bin:$PATH
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod 755 ~/bin/repo

Make your working Directory and start syncing with SlimBean

Code:
    mkdir ~/slimbean; cd ~/slimbean
    repo init -u git://github.com/SlimRoms/platform_manifest.git -b jb4.2
    repo sync

Create a local_manifests file with Cyanogenmods sources for our phone and kernel (thanks to Deck’s work). This is porting part.

Code:
    mkdir ~/slimbean/.repo/local_manifests
    echo ‘<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>

<!-- CyanogenMod -->
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_evita" path="device/htc/evita" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_s4-common" path="device/htc/s4-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_msm8960-common" path="device/htc/msm8960-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" /> 
    <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960" path="kernel/htc/msm8960" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

<!-- Add HTC Proprietary Files -->
    <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_htc" path="vendor/htc" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

<!-- Add qcom-caf source for our phone -->
    <project path="hardware/qcom/media-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_media-caf" remote="github" revision="jb4.2" />
    <project path="hardware/qcom/display-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_display-caf" remote="github" revision="jb4.2" />
    <project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_audio-caf" remote="github" revision="jb4.2" />

<!-- Add personal fixed bash -->
    <remove-project name="SlimRoms/android_external_bash" />
    <project path="external/bash" name="mikshepard/android_external_bash" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

</manifest>’ > ~/slimbean/.repo/local_manifests/evita.xml

Sync the repo again

Code:
    repo sync

Create your device file for Slimbean (adapted from CM’s cm.mk file):

Code:
    echo '# Specify phone tech before including full_phone
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/slim/config/gsm.mk)

# Release name
    PRODUCT_RELEASE_NAME := evita

# Boot animation
    TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT := 1280
    TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH := 720

# Inherit some common CM stuff.
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/slim/config/common_full_phone.mk)

# Inherit device configuration
    $(call inherit-product, device/htc/evita/device_evita.mk)

# Device naming
    PRODUCT_DEVICE := evita
    PRODUCT_NAME := slim_evita
    PRODUCT_BRAND := htc
    PRODUCT_MODEL := One X
    PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := HTC

# Set build fingerprint / ID / Product Name etc.
    PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += PRODUCT_NAME=htc_evita BUILD_FINGERPRINT=cingular_us/evita/evita:4.1.1/JRO03C/131981.6:user/release-keys PRIVATE_BUILD_DESC="3.18.502.6 CL

# Copy compatible prebuilt files
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES +=  \
        vendor/slim/prebuilt/hdpi/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip' > ~/slimbean/device/htc/evita/slim.mk

then create a vendorsetup.sh file

Code:
    echo “add_lunch_combo slim_evita-userdebug” >> ~/device/htc/evita/vendorsetup.sh

now we build our environment:

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh

get a list of all devices:

Code:
    lunch

Choose slim_evita-userdebug (it should be option 9), and then create your ROM:

Code:
    make bacon

when finished, it’ll be located in ~/slimbean/out/target/product/evita/

NOTE: if using a multi-core processor use "make -jX bacon" where X = the number of cores you have. For my duel-core processor, I use "make -j2 bacon".

TIP:

If you are into building, checkout my acompile script in my signature, it'll email you when your build is complete using Gmail's snmp and will include the time it took and the last few lines of the output. I find it very useful for knowing when my build is done (especially since they take me about 3+ hours apiece)

SOURCES:

This page helped a lot with a great tutorial on building ROMS

This forum is filled with great people who others with the building of ROMS. A great source when you run into errors you don’t understand.

Hope this helps someone,
    -Mike