[Q] No 3g after Flash

Search This thread
Mar 9, 2013
Deep Space 9
I recently flashed my thunderbolt, and simply am stuck trying to get 3g to work. I've read countless threads about it in multiple forums, but I just cant figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am now going bald.

Mar 9, 2013
Deep Space 9
If your downgrade method didn't involve flashing the GB radios than there would be your problem. It wouldn't hurt to flash the latest GB radios just for kicks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm certain I flashed the GB radios in recovery, my good man. Could it be something else? Could you verify what I need to set my M.IP, and PPP settings to, if you know?

Mar 9, 2013
Deep Space 9
Oops! Maybe I should've added... I flashed it to boost, and I have talk and text working. Data icon displays 1x. I'm trying to get the 3g to kick. I'm using the info from my Incredible 2, which i flashed with the same account over a year ago. Everything works fine on the Incredible 2. Just no 3g on the thunderbolt.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
The droid incredible 2 is a global phone and the bolt isn't. The radio in the bolt isn't capable.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
The bolt doesn't have an antenna that will be able to connect with the frequency boost uses for data.

Mar 9, 2013
Deep Space 9
3g is a different frequency from 1x. Same for lte it's a different frequency too.

Oh I see. So what do you make of those people who claim to have it working, and posted screenshots of their bolt on 3g? Are they frauds? Because the only reason I even bought this phone, is that I was under the impression that a flash would work. Would really suck if it won't... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1515994

Last edited:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
It does work for certain carriers. Page plus comes to mind but it had been a long time since I've heard of another carriers working.

Mar 9, 2013
Deep Space 9
It does work for certain carriers. Page plus comes to mind but it had been a long time since I've heard of another carriers working.

Cool! Well thanks anyway. I'm trying to find a way to program it to my service. Just to get the settings right, and see what happens after that. For all I know, I have the settings right, and it just won't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which ROM are you using and which ROM did you come from? GB or ICS?

If your downgrade method didn't involve flashing the GB radios than there would be your problem. It wouldn't hurt to flash the latest GB radios just for kicks.

Best bet would be to pick up a sprint phone that's not locked down via ESN (correct term?). Since Boost is basically Sprint's pay as you go service.