Paranoid OTA App Not Showing Up

Search This thread

AnTiDoWn3r

Jan 7, 2014
Hershey
Hey everyone, this might be a total noob question, but I'm relatively new to the whole custom rom thing, so bear with me.

I've been recently messing around with many roms just to see what I've liked and disliked. So far my favorite has been Paranoid Android. Today I flashed the beta of the 4.4.x release and have been very pleased with it. The only issue is that the OTA update apk doesn't seem to be anywhere. I've re-flashed the rom, but that hasn't helped. Any advice?

Anu6is

Jul 31, 2011
Hey everyone, this might be a total noob question, but I'm relatively new to the whole custom rom thing, so bear with me.

I've been recently messing around with many roms just to see what I've liked and disliked. So far my favorite has been Paranoid Android. Today I flashed the beta of the 4.4.x release and have been very pleased with it. The only issue is that the OTA update apk doesn't seem to be anywhere. I've re-flashed the rom, but that hasn't helped. Any advice?
Device?

Reactions: AnTiDoWn3r

Anu6is

Jul 31, 2011
Verizion GS3.

Sent from my SCH-I535.
I'm not sure if non-nexus device maintainers build with PA OTA by default...they can include it but they would have to make some changes and upload their files to Goo.im
You'd have to contact your maintainer to see if it's included or not.

AnTiDoWn3r

Jan 7, 2014
Hershey
Ah that makes a lot of sense. The ROM turned out to be pretty unstable all around (at least for me) so I'm now running a CM 11 nightly. Once a stable release is made for PA, I'll flash that and if the app isn't included, I'll ask. Thank you for your time and help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
The app won't do any good unless the maintainer puts their builds on goo and modifies the ota app to point to it. The standard ota app only works for the devices the team has listed on their site

Sent from my Nexus 5

Anu6is

Jul 31, 2011
I extracted the latest ParanoidOTA.apk from PA 4 beta 3. Just install it like any other apk and grant it SU permissions. Take it.
There is no point in this unless your device is hosted on the official servers or the app is modified to look at some other server which hosts your device builds.
The only thing installing this would provide is updates for GApps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Device?