ICS Status bar color change?

Search This thread

Shark_On_Land

Sep 17, 2011
San Jose, Cali
Of course, this is Android.

You are only limited by your skills to do so.

Its in the framework. Just edit them. Then blah blah. Easy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Sep using Tapatalk

bearsblack

Feb 12, 2011
^im sure that makes as much sense to the OP as much as its "easy" for u... -__-

ns4g via xda app

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'll hook you up when I'm @ my computer. And it's not in framework-res, it's in SystemUI.apk

EDIT: What did you mean by statusbar color? Are you referring to the clock/date? If so, decompile your SystemUI.apk and go to /res/values/styles.xml

For the clock, look for this line

Code:
TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock

For the date, look for this line

Code:
TextAppearance.StatusBar.Date

If you change your clock color your carrier color will change to the same

You want to change this line in both

Code:
android:textColor

Change it to whatever hex value you want. Must be proceeded by "ff" if you want the full value or if you want transparency you can put something like enter a value from 0-99, 0 being fully transparent

If your ROM has the power widget then you have to change the png's in SystemUI>res>drawable-hdpi>

Then after you make your changes recompile and if you use apktool to do that you need to sign it. I use an old version of apkmanager to sign it.

Last edited:

JG96EVO

Jun 15, 2011
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'll hook you up when I'm @ my computer. And it's not in framework-res, it's in SystemUI.apk

EDIT: What did you mean by statusbar color? Are you referring to the clock/date? If so, decompile your SystemUI.apk and go to /res/values/styles.xml

Code:

Code:

Code:

Change it to whatever hex value you want. Must be proceeded by "ff" if you want the full value or if you want transparency you can put something like enter a value from 0-99, 0 being fully transparent

If your ROM has the power widget then you have to change the png's in SystemUI>res>drawable-hdpi>

Then after you make your changes recompile and if you use apktool to do that you need to sign it. I use an old version of apkmanager to sign it.

Thanks for the insight Fergie but houston we have a problem... i cant read it.. Im using Aosp v43 if it helps lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2011-12-25-22-51-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2011-12-25-22-51-39.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 603

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the insight Fergie but houston we have a problem... i cant read it.. Im using Aosp v43 if it helps lol

Did you decompile it or extract it? You need to use apktool or something similar to decompile. I have a guide on how to get apktool ready for ICS but you need to set up apktool 1st. There's plenty of guides out there for that, just Google it up

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

JG96EVO

Jun 15, 2011
St. Louis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did you decompile it or extract it? You need to use apktool or something similar to decompile. I have a guide on how to get apktool ready for ICS but you need to set up apktool 1st. There's plenty of guides out there for that, just Google it up

I googled how to decompile the systemui.apk but maybe im not understanding it clearly because i keep getting error messages.. do i use the computer and a command prompt? or terminal emulator? sorry for the questions.. im just kinda new to all this..

Paul627g

Dec 13, 2010
Plainfield, Il.
You need to use a computer to decompile the apk. As fergie said there are plenty if guides here on XDA and other places to learn how to use apktool or apk manager.

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
And you must have SDK set up somewhere on you computer with the resources set up for android 4.0.3 at c:/user/apktool/framework

I'll attach what I'm using there. You can extract this into your user folder on you PC.

Attachments

• apktool.7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: _-xXBilanoidXx-_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:

Code:

And you must have SDK set up somewhere on you computer with the resources set up for android 4.0.3 at c:/user/apktool/framework

I'll attach what I'm using there. You can extract this into your user folder on you PC.