can the nexus 7 2013 play alll the games on playstore

Search This thread

rabidbat

Mar 12, 2014
I see it has a slower cpu then the hdx. im just wondering if it has enough power to keep me happy. sorry for such a newbie question

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
I see it has a slower cpu then the hdx. im just wondering if it has enough power to keep me happy. sorry for such a newbie question

You do realize how dumb this question is?
1. This has been discussed in other threads.
2. I never saw an android device that ran all the games in the play store.

It is a powerful device and can handle many games but certain games will not be compatible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

rabidbat

Mar 12, 2014

It is a powerful device and can handle many games but certain games will not be compatible.

ty 4 the reply

Reactions: barondebxl

Q8-V08

Oct 30, 2013
Most games are profiled via gpu type each has their own compressed texture type,
If textures don't uncompress they'll appear as white instead.

Adreno - ATITC
Tegra - DXT / S3TC
PowerVR - PVRTC

thankfully GLTools can uncompress between them all, it can also downscale higher res textures and screen res for an fps boost.

Some games are also blacklisted via device for instance Ridge Racer Slipstream works sideloaded on my Nexus 7 2013 but has slowdowns into corners when the drifting smoke effect is applied.

ASTC, EAC, ETC2 is supported by all opengles 3.0 compatible gpu.
ETC1 is supported by all opengles 2.0 compatible gpu.

Last edited:

rabidbat

Mar 12, 2014
22248389 623

Most games are profiled via gpu type each has their own compressed texture type,
If textures don't uncompress they'll appear as white instead.

Adreno - ATITC
Tegra - DXT / S3TC
PowerVR - PVRTC

thankfully GLTools can uncompress between them all, it can also downscale higher res textures and screen res for an fps boost.

Some games are also blacklisted via device for instance Ridge Racer Slipstream works sideloaded on my Nexus 7 2013 but has slowdowns into corners when the drifting smoke effect is applied.

ASTC, EAC, ETC2 is supported by all opengles 3.0 compatible gpu.
ETC1 is supported by all opengles 2.0 compatible gpu.
thank you it was a hard decision between the hdx and nexus 2013. I went with the nexus since it was 50 bucks cheaper then the hdx. im still a newbie to android stuff

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
abidbat;52220821]thank you it was a hard decision between the hdx and nexus 2013. I went with the nexus since it was 50 bucks cheaper then thtablet.rstill a newbie to android stuff[/QUOTE]

Try to ignore rude people with bad tudes. This tablet has the "power" to play any game on the market, the only road blocks are certain games tailored for other chips. There are ways around each obsticle however. I am unaware of any games that do not have some way to be made to play on this tablet. The only "dumb" question is the one you dont ask.

BSnapp

Jan 1, 2014
St George, Utah
I've had mine for three months now, and I have yet to find a game that doesn't run well... All the GTA's run, as well as Injustice Gods Among Us. And that minecraft game that is turning my children into the same type of zombie that the Atari 2600, and the NES did to me back in the day :D

--=={BSnapp} ==--

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    abidbat;52220821]thank you it was a hard decision between the hdx and nexus 2013. I went with the nexus since it was 50 bucks cheaper then thtablet.rstill a newbie to android stuff[/QUOTE]

Try to ignore rude people with bad tudes. This tablet has the "power" to play any game on the market, the only road blocks are certain games tailored for other chips. There are ways around each obsticle however. I am unaware of any games that do not have some way to be made to play on this tablet. The only "dumb" question is the one you dont ask.

ty 4 the reply
    awesome ty for the replies im glad I went with the nexus 2013..