Problem with firmware - showing up as HKG?

Search This thread

syphern

Jun 11, 2008
Hey guys I have the UK version of G3 its 855 version

I flashed the 10a Europe firmware and in the settings it showed v10a-HKG-XX
Then I redownloaded the europe firmware and it still showed the same

Then I used my IMEI to check which version is for my device and downloaded that and it still says HKG - at the moment it says v10h-HKG-XX

So is this not a UK version phone, i got it from amazon?

jah

Hey guys I have the UK version of G3 its 855 version

I flashed the 10a Europe firmware and in the settings it showed v10a-HKG-XX
Then I redownloaded the europe firmware and it still showed the same

Then I used my IMEI to check which version is for my device and downloaded that and it still says HKG - at the moment it says v10h-HKG-XX

So is this not a UK version phone, i got it from amazon?

If less than 14 days I recommend you contact Amazon customer services and request a replacement. Even if bought from Amazon market place. You may find as I did with a Singapore version I received, that I could not get LTE connectivity. The firmware is tied the IMEI.

syphern

Jun 11, 2008
If less than 14 days I recommend you contact Amazon customer services and request a replacement. Even if bought from Amazon market place. You may find as I did with a Singapore version I received, that I could not get LTE connectivity. The firmware is tied the IMEI.

that was indeed the case thank you so much - amazon accepted it back for a full refund - back to my nexus 5... was a nice run with G3

DT39

Nov 8, 2005
East Midlands
Hey Syphern, Sounds like the same one i had. Was it from SkynetShopping [emoji12] saying it was uk version and stock held and sent by Amazon? I had one the other day. Set it up and let it do it's updates then checked the version and it said hkg not eur versions, I also had no 4g.
I called LG support which where very helpful and i told them the imei to which they confirmed it was a none UK handset and would have no warranty cover!
Sent it straight back for refund and went in to Carphone warehouse and got one which is all good. [emoji3]

Reactions: syphern

syphern

Jun 11, 2008
Hey Syphern, Sounds like the same one i had. Was it from SkynetShopping [emoji12] saying it was uk version and stock held and sent by Amazon? I had one the other day. Set it up and let it do it's updates then checked the version and it said hkg not eur versions, I also had no 4g.
I called LG support which where very helpful and i told them the imei to which they confirmed it was a none UK handset and would have no warranty cover!
Sent it straight back for refund and went in to Carphone warehouse and got one which is all good. [emoji3]

thats the seller skynetshopping - scammers... im going to leave a negative review after i get my refund back... not nice going through all this hassle... lol i quite liked the g3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.