[Q] Only sense home app on Buzz Froyo!

Search This thread

Leo_outlaw

Apr 3, 2011
Biarritz
Hey guys, young French junior member here hehe (not really sure of my english)

I recently bought a HTC Wildfire 2.2.1 with Sense (and Damn Hboot 1.01) and then I wanted to root it and overclock it= impossible without an xtc clip, great!
So this is my phone HTC Wildfire 2.2.1 with Sense, Froyo Hboot 1.01, Bouygues Telecom .

I comed here as i just wanted to change my home screen/theme (Sense->Stock Froyo), I saw a few videos and tutos which said to clear Htc Sense's defaults launch option, and then put on the Home button, but nothing happened and Sense still there (grrrr).
Finally I decided to download Home Switcher, and i saw that my wildfire didn't have any Home.apk expect for Sense Home...

I wondered how could i change this or where could i download the stock froyo home.apk, can you help me ?

Thx for reading

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
There are two things I can think of:

1: Install ADW Launcher from the Market. It looks pretty similar to the default Launcher on Android 2.2

2: The default Launcher for Froyo 2.2 can be found here in this thread at Post #10. But, this is for the Evo, and, I have no idea whether it will work on the Wildfire or not. Still, as it simply involves installing an apk, it should be worth a try:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7527492#post7527492

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
HTC decided to eliminate the stock froyo home from WF.

Just install another launcher like LauncherPRO, GOLauncher, ADW, etc.

Leo_outlaw

Apr 3, 2011
Biarritz
Hmm that's what I though... thanks for the instant answer ! Nevertheless the buzz is quite slow and I want the fastest one,are these launchers better than the sense one?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Hmm that's what I though... thanks for the instant answer ! Nevertheless the buzz is quite slow and I want the fastest one,are these launchers better than the sense one?

LauncherPro is MUCH better than stock launcher (not much much better than Sense is terms of smoothness, but much more useful yes).

I don't like ADW or any other because they aren't smooth. LauncherPro is.

:)

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009

Launcher PRO is smooth as butter compared to the Sense launcher.