Potential Bootloader Unlock for Non-Dev Edition

Have you been unlocked your bootloader using either method?

• YES, I'M UNLOCKED IN ALL ITS GLORY

Votes: 117 50.0%
  • NO, NEITHER WORKED

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • I WANT TO, BUT I DONT TRUST IT

Votes: 82 35.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DROID_4_UsEr

Sep 9, 2014
so.. is there away to unlock our non-dev maxx??? or isn"t?

There is a way but so many different fuses out there....Where to start hmm i have no clue. I know some developer on Github post some modern Motorola Trustzone exploits and I'm not sure if his work is capable of working with These Motorola phones. I've already test them but I get errors that it can't make a smc call. I'm testing out his other scripts that allow a kernel modification that allows the Trustzone exploit to make the smc calls. I hope it works I'm trying really hard to figure this out and been using other techniques from other developers and seems like I'm on the right path.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

So any one gonna test and have a video on this or give us a play by play.

I tested it and it does not work at all. The python scripts are made for our Devices but maybe a few modifications to the scripts would help. Also he has made a other kernel modification and it allows us to make smc calls which hopefully will allow us to use the python scripts.

az3333

Mar 14, 2016
There is a way but so many different fuses out there....Where to start hmm i have no clue. I know some developer on Github post some modern Motorola Trustzone exploits and I'm not sure if his work is capable of working with These Motorola phones. I've already test them but I get errors that it can't make a smc call. I'm testing out his other scripts that allow a kernel modification that allows the Trustzone exploit to make the smc calls. I hope it works I'm trying really hard to figure this out and been using other techniques from other developers and seems like I'm on the right path.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

I tested it and it does not work at all. The python scripts are made for our Devices but maybe a few modifications to the scripts would help. Also he has made a other kernel modification and it allows us to make smc calls which hopefully will allow us to use the python scripts.

so "no" for now :( anyway cheers mate for your work anyway! your the only one i think that is steel working on our bootloader unlocking :) hopping for your success

zohaibkhan143

Dec 8, 2014
Karachi
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Latest mean which build number?
This one
f221c988b94d77a208c0036aa737ce55.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nido221

Nido221

Mar 15, 2014
Faisalabad
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
This one
f221c988b94d77a208c0036aa737ce55.jpg

This is latest build after Su6-7.3

The current root methods as for as i know works up to Su6-7.3.
So your best option is to downgrade to...7.3 and then root your device...

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Any way to ......unlock BL

Bootloader unlocking for Droid Maxx possible upto Su4-21 which is far old build through Sunshine...
Probably you belong to South Asian region and most devices shipped to this region have Su6-7.3...
So unlocking is not possible unless some developer create new method to unlock the boot loader at this Build.

Reactions: zohaibkhan143

zohaibkhan143

Dec 8, 2014
Karachi
Redmi Note 10 Pro
This is latest build after Su6-7.3

The current root methods as for as i know works up to Su6-7.3.
So your best option is to downgrade to...7.3 and then root your device...

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Bootloader unlocking for Droid Maxx possible upto Su4-21 which is far old build through Sunshine...
Probably you belong to South Asian region and most devices shipped to this region have Su6-7.3...
So unlocking is not possible unless some developer create new method to unlock the boot loader at this Build.

thanks for reply. Can u plz what new method is create for this build ? And plz tell me how to downgrade it from latest build.
Thanks

Nido221

Mar 15, 2014
Faisalabad
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
thanks for reply. Can u plz what new method is create for this build ? And plz tell me how to downgrade it from latest build.
Thanks
There is no method for this new build so for .
Also downgrade is not possible at this Build. Wait until a developer might create new methods for Rooting this device.

Last edited:
Reactions: zohaibkhan143

DROID_4_UsEr

Sep 9, 2014
So those scripts I barrowed on the GitHub site which had codes to bypass trust zone security and unlock the bootloader are our best bet. When I run the code to my device the code modifies data in the device but the address are specified for Hammerhead, not obake. I managed to get some of the addresses right. So when the code is ran I get a message on my device displaying the address that where modified. I won't start assuming that this will one day work but i will continue to test them out until I get results. Fingers crossed everybody who still on here waiting ☺

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****OK FIRST OFF BY NO MEANS IS THIS METHOD A BRUTE FORCE METHOD OR A HACK OF SORTS****
    ***THIS METHOD INVOLVES PURCHASING A SERVICE AND PROVIDING YOUR DEVICES IMEI NUMBER****
    ***I, NOR ANYONE ELSE, IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU USE THIS AND SOMETHING DOES NOT WORK***

***IF SUCCESSFUL, YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOIDED, BUT HEY YOUR HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER RIGHT?***

**SEE HERE FOR TWRP AND ROOT INT HIS THREAD INFO ONCE YOU ARE UNLOCKED**
    UPDATE: See this post on pg 30 for TWRP and ROOT INSTALL
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51155272&postcount=294

Ok so as some know there has been a somewhat confirmed and discovered way to unlock the bootloader on carrier purchased Moto X/Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini Devices. I will explain in brief detail what is needed to do. Please understand that I will be providing no links, just a brief explanation of what you can do to attempt this. There are 2 methods.
    1 - doing it directly yourself and purchasing the service. (website)
    2 - using the service through a 3rd Party (eBay)

The service I found is on a website if you have not heard about it, PM someone here willing to help. Now in order to use the site you need to sign up etc etc and its not in English. Here is where your good ol friend Goggle Translate comes into play.

Now for Method 1
    Sign up on the website. The website is called taobao.com. you will need to use chrome and google translate to navigate through the site. you will need to set up and account and payment info etc etc.
    Search for a seller selling the unlock codes (Price will no be in USD). Search for xt1080 unlock or something like that. There are many purchase options. Just amke sure it is for your device and read the listing.
    Purchase using the sites standard payment method (similar to paypal here) or through credit card elligble for purchases in the country of origin.
    *Provide IMEI to seller and receive unlock code.
    Usually within 24-48 hours you have an unlock code.

*NOTE - If you do not feel comfortable providing this, then i suggest you stop right away. Always know what you are doing and the risks involved.

Method 2
    Certain sellers on eBay will provide a service to do all the purchasing for you and all you need to do it pay the small auction price, and then paypal or transfer them the funds for the sale. They will purchase for you etc etc. You will need to search for taobao on eBay and find a seller. Once this is done then you can work with the seller, provide the link to the item you want and go from there. Please be aware of what you are doing. IN this method you now give your IMEI to not only the person giving the unlock code, but also a person through eBay.

**AGAIN PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING**

I myself went ahead with method 1 and was successful (see images). Some people have had success and will contest to it. As with any boot loader unlock, please know your warranty is now void and neither XDA, its members, or anyone else including myself is responsible for what you do.

Please use this thread to talk about success or failure using this process if you do. Do not post links to anything or anything that would be frowned upon through XDA. If you want to you can always PM people for more details about things. Not saying everyone bombard me with PM's. I will answer but i also have a normal life and don't want people upset if i don't respond.

Please also note that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device clean. This includes storage.

If you want more detailed instructions - Go here http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/verizon-moto-maker-bootloader-unlock-t2680651

Good Luck

UPDATE: IMAGES ATTACHED, I HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED. Sorry for the blurry cam pics, only had a work iPod touch that i could snap quick pictures with
    And this thread is the reason this method will not last very long.

People don't seem to understand, talking and making threads about such things in the open cuts down the time things like this are available.

Droid Maxx "Developer Edition"
    Well after 6 days and a lot of patience, I finally have an unlocked bootloader. I would like to give a big shout out the help @NWKENT has given to everyone on this forum, and especially in this specific topic. While he's definitely not the only one, he's been a big help to me just in his guides and being brave enough to dive in head first and letting everyone know what to do/not do. So, THANKS NWKENT!
    Okay All, I have the latest TWRP 2.7.0.0 installed and running on my Maxx. This is from the Moto X but will work just fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/koq7jni2je0tl6r/TWRP-2.7.0.0-moto_msm8960dt.img

Instructions are the same as any other recovery flash for now
    place into folder where fastboot.exe resides.

run from the folder the following:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.7.0.0-moto_msm8960dt.img
    to confirm do the following after it flashes
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    use arrow down to select recovery, once highlighted use arrow up to select.
    Once TWRP loads, check the top it should say Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0.0

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME FLASHING RECOVERY SINCE UNLOCK, USE THE BELOW TO GET ROOT
    from TWRP screen
    Select Reboot
    Select System
    You will be prompted to install SuperSU
    Say YES and install
    Allow phone to reboot
    Once booted open SuperSU app
    Update App/Binaries
    Profit from root.

Enjoy. Know some ROMs are coming, and just be patient. I might have one to play with soon based on the 4.4 OTA build.
    Code worked via eBay purchasing agent... Smooth as silk. Haha

Sent from my XT1080DEV using Tapatalk