Screen issues: brief sensitivity, then nothing

Search This thread

DWilso3

Nov 12, 2013
Nola
When I click the power button to turn on the screen, only in the immediate moment following does the screen recognize my touch. Sometimes, this means I can unlock the device, pull open settings, or open an app (that has a lock-screen widget). Once there, I can do nothing, until the screen turns off (if plugged in, nothing). If I hold the first click (like going in circles on the lock-screen without letting go or unlocking), I can prolong the sensitivity for the duration of contact. All physical buttons are confirmed working. AT&T Torch working. Software is up-to-date and restored via ODIN to 4.3, then OTA to 4.4.2, so practically stock. It's the AT&T model.

Thoughts or comments?

(note, I plan to go to at&t or best buy (Samsung Rep) asap, but am not sure when I will be able to. I tried searching for something both in this forum and google for similar issues, so I apologize if this is a repeat thread- I really tried to avoid it, if so).

Last edited:

DWilso3

Nov 12, 2013
Nola
Thanks for the link, After having a live chat where the at&t support agent was unable to fix the problem, she informed me I was still under warranty and sent out for a replacement device.