(UPDATED 18-09-2010) Auto Lock (CSDEVCTRL)

Search This thread

Girvo

Oct 17, 2007
This combined with GSlide is brilliant. Thank you so much for this fantastic utility! I've got a link setup to autorun this app on startup. It's brilliant! :D

LocalGod

Jan 24, 2008
hi... can i suggest to read a parameter to switch to HTC home's main tab (the one with the clock)? Thanks.

chrisstavrou

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Added the Lock & Back option as Sebastian suggested (first entry updated).
Applies only when TODAY is selected.

hi... can i suggest to read a parameter to switch to HTC home's main tab (the one with the clock)? Thanks.

I believe this is done by adding the word TODAY in the csdevctrl.txt file as mentioned in the first entry of this thread

Last edited:

sabestian

Apr 1, 2006
Added the Lock & Back option as Sebastian suggested (first entry updated).
Applies only when TODAY is selected.

Bug report! Well, sort of. It doesn't show today anymore..

Edit: the .txt file should contain "TODAY", right

Edit2: I've just reinstalled v1 and it does not go back to today anymore either...It used to do it flawlessly...Hmmm

Last edited:

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
I have updated a bit the program to allow for command line arguments and running programs together with the Today option.

The problem you faced Sebastian, i think i have solved it in this version as there was bug reading the file (did not trim spaces).

Please try it again and let me know.

Thanks for the feedback.

sabestian

Apr 1, 2006
Yep, problem solved! Works perfectly. I'll be testing it extensively for next 2 weeks on my holiday!

Edit (again): it seems like the program still doesn't minimize some of windows that are opened (jmm-java-Opera or Total Commander), with other windows (S2V) it works as it sould.

Last edited:

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Ok guys,
i tried to satisfy all your 'needs' :)
The program is now using registry for easier changing of its options.
Please read the first post as all options are like turn on/off.

Sebastian, i noticed that certain programs tent to minimize once today screen gets focus. I will have more look at it.

Thank you for your comments.

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
Added one more option as i found it wise to first get the screen dimmed then wait for a few seconds allowing the user to react. If not action is taken then the lock is set.

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
HOW TO: SPB Shell Now Screen

These are the settings so that when lock is applied (after dim or wake), SPB Shell Now Screen appears:

- LockAfterWake=1
If set to 1 it will lock the device after the device has waken (not soft reset).

- DelayBeforeLockMsAfterWake=250
Time in ms to wait before applying the lock from wake and running any program (no need to change).

- LockAfterDim=1
If set to 1 it will lock the device after the screen has dimmed (user inactive).

- DelayBeforeLockMs=250
Time in ms to wait before applying the lock from dim and running any program (no need to change)

- LockAfterDimSeconds=10
Time in seconds to wait before applying the lock once the screen has dimmed.

- ShowTodayAfterLock=0

-- AfterLockRunFilePath=\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\MenuLauncher.exe
XXX (if not left blank) it can be an executable/registed file which will be run after the lock.
-- AfterLockRunFileParm=-now
XXX (if not left blank) they are the command line arguments of the previous option.

Remember to disable the option of Spb Shell:
'Show the Now Screen when device wakes up'

die_Melle

Feb 26, 2008
Hi.

I would like to try this App, but hm.. dont know how to get it work :confused:

Is it possible that someone can describe it in german for me?

Thanks, Melle.

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
I am sorry i do not know german.

However, i changed the program so no setup is needed.

What you simply need to do is:
a. Copy the file to your PDA.
b. Run it
c. If you switch off your device and then switch it on within a few seconds, it will lock your device.

die_Melle

Feb 26, 2008
Ok, here is what i did..

copy the file to my device, then ran it, got errormessage "cant find optionsfile", ran it again, got the message "terminating optionsfile"
then switched off and on, but it still happens nothing :confused:

what am i doing wrong? maybee i am sitting in the forest not seeing any trees... :confused:

chrisstavrou

Mar 4, 2005
Nicosia
:) you are using a very old one. Try to get the latest from the first post and repeat exactly what you did.

It should work as you mentioned.

yesod7

Dec 28, 2007
Portland, OR
In-Call Key Lock?

chrisstavrou, I am looking for a program which will not only lock the screen during a call, but also lock all buttons except for the power button. I have tried Windows Screen Lock, S2U2, PalmarySoft.Phone.ScreenLock.v1.8 and rev3nant's Organic Lock, but all of these (and yours) only lock the screen. During a call, you can still hit the scroll wheel, the call button, or the end button, which is what happens to me when answering a call with the phone in my holster. Any help/advice you could give would be welcome.