dbrand.com N4 skins

Search This thread

impruv

Jul 21, 2010
A few people on reddit bought it and they said it has been great so far in terms of fitment. One had the carbon one and the other I believe had titanium or leather.

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Really liking the look of the titanium one, might order one later this week. If anyone beats me to it, please post pictures!

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
I imagine they also help prevent the phone from sliding everywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

That's exactly why I bought one..tired of having to find a rough cloth to put the phone on so it doesn't slide all over the place. Purchased a carbon fiber one, hoping I get it next week.

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
Let us know how you like it.

I love it! lol, nexus doesn't slide every where now and it makes the phone look pretty awesome, can't speak for the leather looking ones but the carbon fiber one looks amazing. I'll take pics with my friends phone later.

I definitely recommend this if you don't mind covering up the glass back, I prefer it this way TBH, the effect is cool, but not cool engh I'd keep this sort of protection off.

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Just received my titanium skin, it looks fantastic. Haven't applied it yet (I'm at work; haven't even taken it out of its vinyl pouch), but here's a quick picture so you can get an idea of the texture. I scratched at it a bit, it feels a lot harder than you'd expect.

Attachments

• brushed.jpg
    brushed.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 4,737

formicae

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
That's looks nice.can't wait to get my carbon fiber one.how long did it take for shipping?

I'm only a four-hour drive away, so not counting the weekend, it took a couple of days. Probably going to order a couple more now that I know what I'm dealing with (ridiculous precision, easy application, amazing results).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got a slightly different request.. I'd like to see a skin that is a bit less flashy. Don't get me wrong, the skins on your website do look good, but they also scream "Hey, I've got this skin on the back of my phone"... and I'd like something more subtle, which might be what kcbboy was going for as well. Maybe something that is nearly all black with a bit of texture (but not leather)? Or something along those lines.

Unless we're mistaken, we thought kcbboy was going the complete opposite way with it (he wanted the holograms to show?)

The closest thing we could do for you in terms of something "less flashy" is a matte black vinyl. However, it has no texture on it and isn't the same thickness/caliber as the ones we currently offer. Due to the difference in thickness, it may be rather hard to apply without messing up the "nexus" letters. In fact, it would probably have to be cut without the "nexus" cutout. The only reason we're able to even offer the letter cutouts is because the textured vinyl we use is thick enough that the structural integrity allows the floating portions of the letters (for instance the 'e' and 's') to not go limp during installation. Hopefully we're not getting too confusing here.

If you want, we can post some pics of the N4 in black leather later. It really isn't flashy in our opinion, it's really quite subtle/classy. Then again, to each his own.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Any coupon code for the XDA community?:laugh:

Yeah, is there a coupon available for xda members? That might just put me over the edge and make me buy a few....

Honestly guys the price was $8.00 and we had to bump it to $9.00 due to the amount of effort that goes into removing the "nexus" letter cutouts with each unit. These cutouts are very intricate and very difficult to remove (requires tweezers). If the consumer was to remove them on their own, it would result in many ruined letters.

A major competitor of ours (Ghost Armor) is charging $19.99 for a back piece and $20-100 for shipping (to Canada). We charge $9.00 for the skin and $3.00 for shipping (Worldwide).

That being said, we're the most amazing company on the entire f*cking planet and are willing to give XDA members an additional 10% off. Coupon code: XDA
    Great skins for a great price.

XDA!!!!!!!

We noticed a lot of traffic coming from the XDA forums, so we figured we'd make an official dbrand inc. account to handle any questions the community may have. Instant email notifications are on, so expect quick responses to all of your posts. Feel free to ask us anything. ANYTHING. Not anything though. But seriously guys... anything.

Signed,
    A Robot
    Hey guys!

Haven't been around in a while, but just wanted to drop by and say thanks for everyone's continued support. We're hard at work on a 100% brand new website. Beta launch will be in February. We're also going to be releasing matte black and white shortly after the launch of the site, you can check out the material below. The key feature of this new material is enhanced grip. I'll frequent this thread a lot more so feel free to post up if you got any questions/concerns/order inquiries. As always, emails get responded to within 24 hours (usually within 3h these days), so email us if there's anything urgent regarding your order.

q13oegK.jpg

<3