|EXCA|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM Series 1.0 21048 - HTC Snap based ROM ** || Build 52409 |

Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Hi and welcome to my ROM thread. This is RC2 (release candidate 2) of my Snap based ROM for the Excalibur (Dash, Dopod, etc).

The XIP (kernel) and SYS (main system files) are directly ported from HTC newest handset, the Snap.

This ROM includes only the stock applications for now (with the exception of a few things, like omapclockset and celetask) as it's meant to be a community based ROM where we can ALL work together, chip in and make suggestions to make the fastest and best ROM for the Excalibur.

To activate the weather panel, use the Activate Weather.cab in the "\My documents" folder on the phone and reboot.

The pagepool is set at 8 megs (up from the stock 4) for better speed and general "snappiness". You can lower it yourself by using the pagepool_changer application on the ROM's nbh file. I like mine at 8 and could care less about available RAM as long as the phone is fast and responsive :)

I will add more as more feedback is provided, but for now let's test this first release and see how it performs :) I hope you like it.

-------------------------------------------------------
Release 52409

- Back to IE5
- Updated to SYS 21048
- Some graphics changes
- More I can't remember...

Release 50909

SetJogBar Added to Tweaks
HTC Reboot updated
Added support for Vista Device Center
Addes startup sound
Removed SQM modules
Clockontop 12 hour put in
Changeg some defauly jogbar settings (one being hiding the icon)
Pagepool changed back to 9 (give me feedback on this.. is the speed worth the decrease in RAM)?
Added IESettings in Settings
Added back Enterprise and VPN features
Added HTC Startup Sound
jogbar icon hidden now
IE6 is now in the ROM with lots more options to play with
Added SMS inbox threading to switch from classic/threaded under Tweaks

Release 50709a

fixed commmmanager links on homescreen
fixed bluetooth and wifi problems
menu freezing issues gone
added back working htc album (thanks ookba)
updated celetask
updated htmlnote for sms issues
updated to 12 hour clockontop (thanks ookba < this guy know his stuff!)
changed htcoldboot to auto restarting type :)

Release 42709

disabled tmail from starting up at boot
disabled sqmupload service (not necessary)
disabled connection setup download service
updated to JBed java
added basehue, the SMS tools pack, and celecommand
added clockontop am\pm version

Release 42609

- Initial Release.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS for flashing:

You can look at this great guide found here or you can follow my instructions below...

Hell, look at both to make sure you're doing this right!!

1. Run Auto.bat included in the archive. It should resent a black command prompt window.

2. Make sure you remove your storage card from the phone before the next steps.

3 .Follow the instructions in the black window. Do NOT reboot when the SDA unlocker tells you to reboot the phone. It's not necessary.

4. You might get a prompt asking you if you want to run the spl program. Just say yes. At that point you should get a white screen.

5. If for any reason you're not seeing a white screen, you did something wrong and you need to try again.

6. Flash the ROM following the instructions in the flashing utility.

You can expect the phone to be "stuck" on the green windows mobile screen for about 2 1/2 minutes the first time. After that, it should only take about 40-45 seconds for the phone to reboot.

INSTRUCTIONS for recovery in case something goes wrong:

Turn your phone completely off. While pushing the camera button, plug in your usb cable. The tricolor, bootloader screen will come up and you can flash your regular OEM ROM which can be downloaded from one of the stickies.

I recommend flashing the modified bootloader made by jockeyw2001. It's attached to the third post.
What it does is, it CID unlocks your phone, so you don't have to use the softSPL everytime you want to flash a ROM. It also makes recovery from a bad flash much easier, where you dont have to hunt for your original manufacturer's ROM to load in order to resurect the phone.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Post reserved for screenshots

homescreen.jpg
homescreen2.jpg
homescreen3.jpg
start1.jpg
start2.jpg
start3.jpg
start4.jpg
start5.jpg
start6.jpg
start7jpg
celetask.jpg
info1.jpg
info2.jpg

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Post reserved for other downloads and addons :)

I recommend flashing the hacked bootloader attached to this post to make future flashings easier, as there will probably be many revisions to this ROM (depending on YOUR input).

Attachments

• Excalibur-USPL-RUU.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,365
Last edited:

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Nice! Now if only my replacement battery would get here already!

Two questions... (1) what version of Java is it running, (2) does Innercircle work? :)

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Nice! Now if only my replacement battery would get here already!

Two questions... (1) what version of Java is it running, (2) does Innercircle work? :)

Jeodek stock.. I know.. I'll change it in the next build :)

And yes, innercircle works :)

However YouTube and the Album don't... so we'll see about that :/

MrBraun

Apr 19, 2009
Tnx for this rom NRGZ28! :)

Just one things:

1) How about the clock into top bar? (into left of battery when i go into options....);

2) Can u add a CHOME Slim?

Tnx in advance for the answer! :)

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Hi NRGZ,

I've been using your ROM's for a while, this looks fine, a couple of issues,

1- No bluetooth
2- Wifi doesn't work, wifiinit is on the startup but once you try to activate it hangs in there

This if you use the connection manager on the panel if you go to the start menu and use the connection manager it works fine both of them

Thanks for your hard work

Enrique

Last edited:

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Sadly I don't have an operable phone to test at the moment... to those of you who have flashed... how does it run compared to the Rose roms?

ikando2on2

Aug 26, 2008
chicago
good

its real good but there is one thing you cant add my favs anymore like 1.7 and other thing that we could add before from chome?????:confused:

Adaho0

Jan 13, 2008
few minutes after first flash and look... :)
Looks really great:) Boot fast, seeking network fast, ROM fast as hell:)
Settings>Phone>Band select didn't work
Frozen when Menu>Contacts>Add contact, after remove battery works fine.
After change HTC Panel to Sliding panel and restart, change back to HTC Panel in 5 min...
BTW seems to be great ROM:)
My Regards:)

iDASH

Mar 25, 2009
Kansas City
Great Work

This is by far the most asthetically pleasing rom i have used yet. i have to use my phone for business so have already flashed back for now but i cant wait for the final realease ha. as for bugs the only ones i found were that streaming media had no visual when playing and i could not get a data conection when trying to use opera mini but ie worked fine.Oh and also i could not use the NRG rinku cab either just fyi.

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Hi NRGZ,

I've been using your ROM's for a while, this looks fine, a couple of issues,

1- No bluetooth
2- Wifi doesn't work, wifiinit is on the startup but once you try to activate it hangs in there

This if you use the connection manager on the panel if you go to the start menu and use the connection manager it works fine both of them

Thanks for your hard work

Enrique

I can replicate that.I can turn both bt and wifi on/off with both comm managers no problem. Although I don't recommend using the built in ugly, microsoft one. Use the HTC one on the Start menu :)

its real good but there is one thing you cant add my favs anymore like 1.7 and other thing that we could add before from chome?????:confused:

1.7 is one ROM, this is a completely DIFFERENT ROM... Thank you :)
It's not like I took their ROM and "remade" it. I made this from scratch :)

few minutes after first flash and look... :)
Looks really great:) Boot fast, seeking network fast, ROM fast as hell:)
Settings>Phone>Band select didn't work
Frozen when Menu>Contacts>Add contact, after remove battery works fine.
After change HTC Panel to Sliding panel and restart, change back to HTC Panel in 5 min...
BTW seems to be great ROM:)
My Regards:)

Yeah, there's no band select because this isn't a 3G phone, so there's no bands to select really. I will remove that option in the next version :)

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Since you're taking input... is there any chance you could include BaseHue, Resco Explorer and the SMSToolPack? The first two I use extensively, and the SMSToolPack would just be a "nice to have" since we all love flashing ROMs so much. :)

Also, does the HTC Sliding Panel homescreen pull the panel icons from bronzeres.dll?

On a sidenote, I actually took a look at your ROMs for the Raphael and was floored. I'm not surprised to see such an aesthetically pleasing ROM find it's way to our phones.