Cracked my note 2!

Search This thread

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
Just real depressed and needed it off my chest. It feel from my hoodie pocket and both the left corners have minute cracks and dents. Functions fine but I'm thinking of selling it cause apparently Verizon said I didn't get insurance on it even I have on every past 6 androids I owned.

Just wanted to vent. Thanks guys....matter of fact if anyone knows anyway to finagel up something help a broke brother out!

sent from my VZW Tweaked a.k.a VZE Un****witable beast

KnightCrusader

Nov 16, 2008
Just real depressed and needed it off my chest. It feel from my hoodie pocket and both the left corners have minute cracks and dents. Functions fine but I'm thinking of selling it cause apparently Verizon said I didn't get insurance on it even I have on every past 6 androids I owned.

Just wanted to vent. Thanks guys....matter of fact if anyone knows anyway to finagel up something help a broke brother out!

Oh yuck! I am soooo paranoid I am going to break mine, I just got it tonight and the protector is coming in the mail. I might leave it at home and just keep using the Droid 4 in the mean time until it comes in.

Have you seen if there are any "phone fix it" shops that can replace the glass that is cracked? (I am assuming it is the glass that is cracked and not the screen itself, right?) My coworker dropped his Rezound and shattered the glass and got it replaced for a little over $100. Granted, the Rezound is a smaller phone, but it might not be much more. It will be cheaper than a new phone, that's for sure. Also, my IT manager just cracked his GS3 and replaced the glass himself with a heatgun and only spent $27 for the new glass and the tools needed, if you think you can do it yourself.

Reactions: ahjee
Apr 21, 2011
Unfortunately, I cracked mine as well. Landed face flat on a concrete floor as I was pulling it out. I didn't have my case on like a moron, so it's my own fault. Because I don't have insurance I was planning on calling Samsung to see how much the repair would cost, but I'm worried about the price because of the Wacom digitizer. It'd also make repair from local shops harder to do. What do you guys think?

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
I just contacted Samsung for a friend a couple weeks ago and the screen repair with parts and labor was just over 190 bucks. You can get a quote using the Samsung online chat, just have your emei number ready because they use that to generate the quote.

Edit: He already got his phone back and it appears they just gave him a new one. I think he was only without it like 10 days or so.

Last edited:

Corki2

Aug 5, 2008
I know how you feel. Mine fell out of my purse when I got out of the car. I had on a wallet style case that leaves the top and bottom exposed. It flew open when it dropped. The chrome ring has a huge ding and screen crack on the bottom right. Everything works fine. It's just painful emotionally.

Here's what I found. Radio Shack can repair them. It has to be sent out. $70.00 to $90.00 for the glass, the chrome would be a little extra. Takes a couple weeks. They offer a lifetime warranty against defects (not droppage).
Another local cell phone company can do it on site. You pay a deposit, they order the parts and get them within 2 days, $290.00.

I didn't check with Samsung, but from this thread, it looks like it's worth checking with them also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
I know how you feel. Mine fell out of my purse when I got out of the car. I had on a wallet style case that leaves the top and bottom exposed. It flew open when it dropped. The chrome ring has a huge ding and screen crack on the bottom right. Everything works fine. It's just painful emotionally.

Here's what I found. Radio Shack can repair them. It has to be sent out. $70.00 to $90.00 for the glass, the chrome would be a little extra. Takes a couple weeks. They offer a lifetime warranty against defects (not droppage).
Another local cell phone company can do it on site. You pay a deposit, they order the parts and get them within 2 days, $290.00.

I didn't check with Samsung, but from this thread, it looks like it's worth checking with them also.

i have the same style case and mine flung open and left it all exposed, i basically have the same style damage as you.

Thanks everyone for your insight! helps a lot. i will go to radio shack or check out samsung shortly!

derekdjodrey

Sep 11, 2011
Just get on eBay you can get the glass and digitizer for around $200. Then its easy to fix from there. Also I suggest an urban armor gear case, I dropped mine from about chest level it bounced and landed face down I thought for sure it broke. Picked it up the case has a few scuffs but the phone is perfect plus this case isn't as bulky as otter box.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

If you have always carried insurance with verizon, i would ask to speak with a supervisor. I have had insurance with vzw since the blackberry days. When i purchased a thunderbolt off contract a couple of years ago, i activated it in the store and the rep took my insurance off my line. A few months later the phone fell and broke. I was told i did not have insurance and i made mention that i have always carried insurance. The end result was they added insurance back on my line and vzw sent me a replacement phone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Corki2

Aug 5, 2008
Just get on eBay you can get the glass and digitizer for around $200. Then its easy to fix from there. Also I suggest an urban armor gear case, I dropped mine from about chest level it bounced and landed face down I thought for sure it broke. Picked it up the case has a few scuffs but the phone is perfect plus this case isn't as bulky as otter box.

Does this repair fix the chrome ring?

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
So I talked to the store where I purchased my note and they told me insured! Hollllaa. Thanks guys

Reactions: Corki2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just contacted Samsung for a friend a couple weeks ago and the screen repair with parts and labor was just over 190 bucks. You can get a quote using the Samsung online chat, just have your emei number ready because they use that to generate the quote.

Edit: He already got his phone back and it appears they just gave him a new one. I think he was only without it like 10 days or so.

Oh yuck! I am soooo paranoid I am going to break mine, I just got it tonight and the protector is coming in the mail. I might leave it at home and just keep using the Droid 4 in the mean time until it comes in.

Have you seen if there are any "phone fix it" shops that can replace the glass that is cracked? (I am assuming it is the glass that is cracked and not the screen itself, right?) My coworker dropped his Rezound and shattered the glass and got it replaced for a little over $100. Granted, the Rezound is a smaller phone, but it might not be much more. It will be cheaper than a new phone, that's for sure. Also, my IT manager just cracked his GS3 and replaced the glass himself with a heatgun and only spent $27 for the new glass and the tools needed, if you think you can do it yourself.

If you have always carried insurance with verizon, i would ask to speak with a supervisor. I have had insurance with vzw since the blackberry days. When i purchased a thunderbolt off contract a couple of years ago, i activated it in the store and the rep took my insurance off my line. A few months later the phone fell and broke. I was told i did not have insurance and i made mention that i have always carried insurance. The end result was they added insurance back on my line and vzw sent me a replacement phone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app