[Q] Sprint Ativ S Neo International unlock (GSM or CDMA)

Search This thread

dev997

Jan 27, 2011
Irvine
Hello Guys !

I got a sprint ativ s neo which I now intend to gift to a cousin who lives in India as I'm not using it anymore. Before buying I checked and confirmed that it has both gsm and cdma radios as well as settings which would allow to choose network mode when not using sprint.

However there is an issue. While u have a sprint sim inside the phone u have the option to choose network mode enabled, however if u try to put in any other international sim (gsm or cdma) it will disable that option and has CDMA selected by default. Now I cant change the mode and it doesnt allow me to use the international sim ( although it detects the sim as I see network signal as well as sim applications pop up).

Can any of you guys help me figure out what else I can do to make it work on international gsm provider or even cdma providers ?

Thanks in advance

-Dev

dev997

Jan 27, 2011
Irvine
Hello Guys !

I got a sprint ativ s neo which I now intend to gift to a cousin who lives in India as I'm not using it anymore. Before buying I checked and confirmed that it has both gsm and cdma radios as well as settings which would allow to choose network mode when not using sprint.

However there is an issue. While u have a sprint sim inside the phone u have the option to choose network mode enabled, however if u try to put in any other international sim (gsm or cdma) it will disable that option and has CDMA selected by default. Now I cant change the mode and it doesnt allow me to use the international sim ( although it detects the sim as I see network signal as well as sim applications pop up).

Can any of you guys help me figure out what else I can do to make it work on international gsm provider or even cdma providers ?

Thanks in advance

-Dev

Pl someone guide me and help me out thru this problem.. I need to resolve it asap..