[APP] Razr M Camera

Search This thread

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Basically the only complaint I've ever read remotely negative about the Moto X is the camera. I'm not sure if it's the stock camera app or the actual hardware that makes our camera a bit lackluster. I do remember really enjoying the stock Moto camera I had with my Razr M (ICS). I successfully backed it up and installed it onto my X. I will be using it for a bit to see if I can get some of the same quality photos I liked on the M. Figured I'd share the APK in case anybody else wanted to try this too. You may want to backup your stock Moto Camera app first. Enjoy!

Box: https://app.box.com/s/bmgmdhj4r4xo80ik0q2v

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Ok, thanks. I'll try it ;)

Everybody's app preferences are different too. It may feel a little dated, but I remember trying out something like 6 camera apps.. At great length.. And this one always took the best HDR quality images on the M. Not sure how it'll do with the X but I'll be using it for a while to see.

Sent from my Moto X

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Quick note, I specifically prefer the HDR mode on this cam above any other HDR I've personally used on an Android. So be sure to check that out. I feel like the color and shading is better than others.

Sent from my Moto X

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Where is the app located on the razr M? I pulled google maps off my razr m and deleted the new version on my moto x and installed the much better older version that came on my razr M. I like the camera on the M better to i will pull it off my M. wish the circles would work on the moto x that is a nice feature

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Where is the app located on the razr M? I pulled google maps off my razr m and deleted the new version on my moto x and installed the much better older version that came on my razr M. I like the camera on the M better to i will pull it off my M. wish the circles would work on the moto x that is a nice feature

What I originally did was back it up with Titanium on the M. Then I restored it in the X. When I installed it in the X I was able to back it up as an APK through Astro. For some reason the M wouldn't allow me to back it up as an APK. as for that circles widget.. I loved it.. Would love to see it evolve if possible. Very cool widget.

Sent from my Moto X

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
What I originally did was back it up with Titanium on the M. Then I restored it in the X. When I installed it in the X I was able to back it up as an APK through Astro. For some reason the M wouldn't allow me to back it up as an APK. as for that circles widget.. I loved it.. Would love to see it evolve if possible. Very cool widget.

Sent from my Moto X

I dont use titanium backup.. I use a file explorer and copy or click share file via email and shoot it to my email account and download the app that way to my other phone.. so you don't know the directory where the cam app is on the razr M? I can dig around and try to find in than

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
I dont use titanium backup.. I use a file explorer and copy or click share file via email and shoot it to my email account and download the app that way to my other phone.. so you don't know the directory where the cam app is on the razr M? I can dig around and try to find in than

No sorry I don't. You could always just download the apk I posted above though.

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
No sorry I don't. You could always just download the apk I posted above though.

Sent from my Moto X

Jersey, my problem with downloading files like that is explained in the pic attached, immediately when I clicked download your file from the page you linked, not one but two files downloaded at the same time, your cam apk file along with a setup.exe file. I circled in red the two files shown at the bottom right corner and also the properties from my downloaded folder. and along with that I pasted the screenshot from my razr M root system app folder of the razr m cam apk on my razr M, it's not even the same size file as your cam apk.. that puzzles me.. now it could be because I am running a different version of the cam you were running on your razr M... or it could mean yours has been modified. And not even sure what the setup.exe file that was downloaded with your file is.. they both were deleted from my pc right after I took these screens.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Jersey, my problem with downloading files like that is explained in the pic attached, immediately when I clicked download your file from the page you linked, not one but two files downloaded at the same time, your cam apk file along with a setup.exe file. I circled in red the two files shown at the bottom right corner and also the properties from my downloaded folder. and along with that I pasted the screenshot from my razr M root system app folder of the razr m cam apk on my razr M, it's not even the same size file as your cam apk.. that puzzles me.. now it could be because I am running a different version of the cam you were running on your razr M... or it could mean yours has been modified. And not even sure what the setup.exe file that was downloaded with your file is.. they both were deleted from my pc right after I took these screens.

Maybe I can upload this to Google Drive and make it easier. Sorry about that.

UPDATE: Updated OP with a Google Drive link. If you have any problems let me know. Sorry about that.

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Maybe I can upload this to Google Drive and make it easier. Sorry about that.

UPDATE: Updated OP with a Google Drive link. If you have any problems let me know. Sorry about that.

Sent from my Moto X

What is the setup.exe file from the original link you provided? And why the change in the cam apk file name?

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
What is the setup.exe file from the original link you provided? And why the change in the cam apk file name?

The file name should be the same. I'm not familiar with SendSpace. Was just looking for a free place to upload the file. Should have uploaded it to Drive in the first place. There was no setup.exe file so I don't have any idea what that is. Just the one apk for the camera was all I uploaded. I won't be using SendSpace again.

Sent from my Moto X

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
The file name should be the same. I'm not familiar with SendSpace. Was just looking for a free place to upload the file. Should have uploaded it to Drive in the first place. There was no setup.exe file so I don't have any idea what that is. Just the one apk for the camera was all I uploaded. I won't be using SendSpace again.

Sent from my Moto X

It was some adware file from pic below, and the cam file app is different than what moto calls it on my razr M.. that's why I asked, it's simply named MotCamera.apk on my razr M and the file flie you uploaded is called Camera-20000203.apk what version is your cam app? I will check and see what mine is.. obviously they are different versions yours is 1.27 megs and mine is 500 kb

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
It was some adware file from pic below, and the cam file app is different than what moto calls it on my razr M.. that's why I asked, it's simply named MotCamera.apk on my razr M and the file flie you uploaded is called Camera-20000203.apk what version is your cam app? I will check and see what mine is.. obviously they are different versions yours is 1.27 megs and mine is 500 kb

My backup was done through Astro File Manager so maybe that's where the naming came from. I have no idea. I did have a few different versions of the camera saved at one time but lost my Titanium Backups a while back so this is all I have left. I tried finding a version number but not sure how to find it. I could take a screenshot if that'd help.

Sent from my Moto X

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
you click on apps and check the app the camera app and it should tell you I'm on 4.1.2- 76 that's cause I'm running Android 4.1 .2 never upgraded to 4.4 because I didn't want to lose the ability to wifi tether

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-21-00-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-21-00-32.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 86