Jan 22, 2013
Brussels
Here is mine. N7505. Not bad I think... :good:

Stock 4.4.2 ROM, not even root!
No Power Saving Mode.
No "Airplane Mode" during night
Manual 3G and WiFi usage
Location only on when I use the Navigation
Only mod I have is the Google Now launcher instead of TW nonsense.

Attachments

• 2015-02-05-13-43-34.jpg
    2015-02-05-13-43-34.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 711

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
Note 3 Neo SM-N750 Rooted Kitkat 4.4.2 6days6hrs & SOT 8h46m

Hi Everyone,

SM-N750
Build number KOT49H.N750XXUCNK2
Baseband version N750DXUCNH1

Battery life:- 6days 6hours with Screen on Time of 8 hours 46 min

The highest screen on time I got on SM-N750 was 9 hours 50 min which I posted in this thread on first few pages but that was on jelly bean.
From the screenshots you can also see that my battery drains whenever mobile signal becomes poor or dips even a bit.
This SM-N750 is a beast and easily the best battery friendly smartphone currently.

How to get similar or better results?
if you are rooted
then greenify ALL apps EXCEPT launcher, viper4android & messengers such as whatsapp which you use frequently.
-> Don't clear the RAM , just forget that Task manager even exists.
-> Clear the "Recent apps" before you lock your phone.
if you are NOT rooted
then you can use "hibernate" app to hibernate all EXCEPT launcher

For more information you can check the links to my posts in my signature where I explained in detail how to get great battery life.

part 1 -> Click here

part 2-> Click here

Once you follow all the steps I can assure you all a great battery life with record breaking SOT on your Note 3 Neo.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-05-03-49-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-03-49-10.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 535
  • Screenshot_2015-01-05-02-24-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-02-24-43.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 511
  • Screenshot_2015-01-05-02-25-05.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-02-25-05.png
    65 KB · Views: 520
  • Screenshot_2015-01-05-02-15-31.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-02-15-31.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 450

moss20

Jul 3, 2011
Hi Everyone,

SM-N750

The highest screen on time I got on SM-N750 was 9 hours 50 min which I posted in this thread on first few pages but that was on jelly bean.
From the screenshots you can also see that my battery drains whenever mobile signal becomes poor or dips even a bit.
This SM-N750 is a beast and easily the best battery friendly smartphone currently.

if you are rooted
then greenify ALL apps EXCEPT launcher, viper4android & messengers such as whatsapp which you use frequently.
if you are NOT rooted

For more information you can check the links to my posts in my signature where I explained in detail how to get great battery life.

part 1 -> Click here

part 2-> Click here

Once you follow all the steps I can assure you all a great battery life with record breaking SOT on your Note 3 Neo.

Cheers!
Really impressive!
The max I get is 50h and 6.5h SOT
I'm not rooted and for me its hard to reach 8h SOT.
Dammed knox counter !

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 3 neo

Reactions: Samavb

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
You can do it!

Really impressive!
The max I get is 50h and 6.5h SOT
I'm not rooted and for me its hard to reach 8h SOT.
Dammed knox counter !

Hi,

Thank you for the appreciation.
You are getting decent battery life currently, but your mobile can definitely do much better and cross 8 hour SOT mark consistently.
For that your battery usage must be analyzed closely.

If you take few screenshots of your recent battery usage that will be immensely helpful in finding out which app or service is eating your battery. 1 Screenshot of SOT, 1 Screenshot of battery from 100% to 1% and few more screenshots similar to mine.
We can then use that info and see what you can do more to increase your SOT from 6.5 to more than 8 hrs.

Since you are not rooted you can use "hibernate" app from play store which does similar job like "Greenify" .
Greenify on the other hand CAN be used on non-rooted phones too but I am not so sure if it will have similar impact like it does on rooted phones.
In my phone I have all apps Greenified except Nova launcher, Viper4android, Peel smart remote, internet speed meter, LMT launcher (PIE control ) , double twist music player and Whatsapp.
You can use "hibernate" app to hibernate all apps except the ones that you use frequently on your non-rooted phone.

If you have some time please find the part 1 and part 2 in my signature to the detailed posts that explain what needs to be in combination to get best results in battery.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!

Reactions: moss20

moss20

Jul 3, 2011
Hi,

Thank you for the appreciation.
You are getting decent battery life currently, but your mobile can definitely do much better and cross 8 hour SOT mark consistently.
For that your battery usage must be analyzed closely.

If you take few screenshots of your recent battery usage that will be immensely helpful in finding out which app or service is eating your battery. 1 Screenshot of SOT, 1 Screenshot of battery from 100% to 1% and few more screenshots similar to mine.
We can then use that info and see what you can do more to increase your SOT from 6.5 to more than 8 hrs.

Since you are not rooted you can use "hibernate" app from play store which does similar job like "Greenify" .
Greenify on the other hand CAN be used on non-rooted phones too but I am not so sure if it will have similar impact like it does on rooted phones.
In my phone I have all apps Greenified except Nova launcher, Viper4android, Peel smart remote, internet speed meter, LMT launcher (PIE control ) , double twist music player and Whatsapp.
You can use "hibernate" app to hibernate all apps except the ones that you use frequently on your non-rooted phone.

If you have some time please find the part 1 and part 2 in my signature to the detailed posts that explain what needs to be in combination to get best results in battery.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!
I'm at 52% now,when battery will decrease to 1% I'll upload some screens [emoji6]

EDIT : @Samavb

ipLVY1X6p

pdeEIr8mp

p84KauNVp

ipMbMhGfp

idICSI2Hp

eyM9rFWdp

ipLVY1X6p

ip2iCSiHp

exONoTUCp

eyN7MAwLp

f0TAGM5Mp

p9id8nV2p

eywU0mkap

idtEEAwcp

mobile network : 2g and data off most the time,3g and data on only when needed

brightness : auto -5 or 0-10% manual

wifi : i think about 1.5 or 2 hour in this charge

calls : 33 minutes

gps and navigation 30 minutes or so

greenify and hibernate : all the apps I can hibernate

please tell me if you need futher infos.

PS : installed gsam battery monitor only few minutes ago,can't provide some screenshots of the app.

Last edited:

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
Suggestions

I'm at 52% now,when battery will decrease to 1% I'll upload some screens [emoji6]

EDIT : @Samavb

ipLVY1X6p

pdeEIr8mp

p84KauNVp

ipMbMhGfp

idICSI2Hp

eyM9rFWdp

ipLVY1X6p

ip2iCSiHp

exONoTUCp

eyN7MAwLp

f0TAGM5Mp

p9id8nV2p

eywU0mkap

idtEEAwcp

mobile network : 2g and data off most the time,3g and data on only when needed

brightness : auto -5 or 0-10% manual

wifi : i think about 1.5 or 2 hour in this charge

calls : 33 minutes

gps and navigation 30 minutes or so

greenify and hibernate : all the apps I can hibernate

please tell me if you need futher infos.

PS : installed gsam battery monitor only few minutes ago,can't provide some screenshots of the app.

Hi,

Based on the screenshots I find the below problems
1) Mobile signal is weak.
2) Your phone is not sleeping in idle state which means some app/service that is constantly waking the device.

Brightness - Manual - 5 or 10% which ever one is comfortable for you but please don't put "auto"
Mobile networks - > Network Mode - > WCDMA for 3G , GSM for 2G - but see that it is not "auto"
Display > Check if "auto adjust screen tone" is unchecked , if it is not please change it to "unchecked"
S pen > Disable pen detection , Attach vibration -> unchecked

Put the "auto-sync" ON from the notification for few minutes and then check in Settings -> Accounts -> Google or anything you may have there. Uncheck everything under each app listed there. Once you are done, Switch off the "auto-sync" from notification panel

Go to Settings -> General -> Software update -> Uncheck "Auto-update"

Backup & Reset -> Uncheck all options

Open Battery usage
Check if you find anything related to Google
Click on that and "force stop"

Check all the Google apps for any "sync" related options that needs to connect to internet, uncheck/disable frequent syncing.
Calendar,
Maps,
Youtube
Chrome
Google Music -> Disable this -> to do that go to settings -> application manager > All apps > Google music -> there will be a "disable" button , click that
Gmail -> uncheck auto download attachments
Google Drive ->

Here is the list of apps that you can place in hibernation list

My hibernation list
1) all share control share service
2) Bluetooth test
3) bubbles
4) chat on
5) chrome (even this is a good browser, I found better results with chrome frozen on my other devices)
6) Enterprise VPN services ( dont use that much)
7) Exchange services
8) Gear manager
9) Google play books
10) Google Search
11) Google play games
12) Google +
13) Group play
14) Help
15) Index Service ( I am little unsure about this one)
16) Knox
17) Knox store
18) Knox Notification Manager
19) Live wall paper picker
20) NFC Test
21) Polaris viewer
22) Page buddy
23) S Finder
24) S planner widget
25) S voice
26) SNS
27) Samsung link
28) Samsung Push
29) Samsung account
30) Scrap book
31) Software update
32) Story album
33) Story album widget
34) Talk back
35) Voice recorder
36) Wlan test
37) Yahoo finance
38) YouTube
39) Knox event manager
40) Knox attestation
41) Policy updates
42) Wssyncmlnps
43) DRM

the above list is safe to hibernate. In your screenshots, there were few others which you have hibernated like "unified demon" , S-health etc.. which you can remove from the hibernation list otherwise they will create wakelocks and wont let your battery to go into deep sleep mode.

Once you finish this current charge, please post screenshots of G Sam battery app ,
1) Screenshot of 1st page
2) App usage
3) View time held awake
4) View num times waking device

Also take screenshots of inbuilt battery usage
1) Screenshot of 1st page (this was missing in your screenshots)
2) Screenshot of battery from 100% to 1%
3) SOT

Since you are using 2G/3G data intermittently , you can try an app called "Auto-Sync" which is kind of customized and better
It is a free app from play store.

Your mobile signal seems to be weak few times which in turn is sucking up your battery around 10% to 14% (1 hour of SOT lost due to weak signal) you can find this info from G Sam battery once you finish this charging cycle.

Hibernate all user apps except the frequently used apps (Chat, launcher )

Finally,
->Switch back to GSM network mode once you finish using 3G data
-> Before you put the phone in idle please clear the "Recent apps"
-> Use only "hibernate" app and uninstall Greenify as you are not rooted. Reason being Greenify works well with Xposed for rooted phones as it needs permissions to auto-hibernate apps that we put in its list. Without root it will not be so effective. That is why it is better if you uninstall Greenify. You can use Greenify once you are rooted in future.

Please don't miss anything from the above mentioned points.

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers!

Last edited:

moss20

Jul 3, 2011
2) Your phone is not sleeping in idle state which means some app/service that is constantly waking the device.
I uninstalled all the apps i can't hibernate,should be a system app's problem ?
Brightness - Manual - 5 or 10% which ever one is comfortable for you but please don't put "auto"
I set to auto only when i'm outside.
Open Battery usage
Check if you find anything related to Google
Click on that and "force stop"
Already tried,those apps restart themselves in few minutes.
Here is the list of apps that you can place in hibernation list
the above list is safe to hibernate. In your screenshots, there were few others which you have hibernated like "unified demon" , S-health etc.. which you can remove from the hibernation list otherwise they will create wakelocks and wont let your battery to go into deep sleep mode.
Hibernated apps or frozen/deactivated apps ?
Your mobile signal seems to be weak few times which in turn is sucking up your battery around 10% to 14% (1 hour of SOT lost due to weak signal) you can find this info from G Sam battery once you finish this charging cycle.
If the signal is weak,what can I do to improve it ?
-> Use only "hibernate" app and uninstall Greenify as you are not rooted. Reason being Greenify works well with Xposed for rooted phones as it needs permissions to auto-hibernate apps that we put in its list. Without root it will not be so effective. That is why it is better if you uninstall Greenify. You can use Greenify once you are rooted in future.
It seems that greenify doeas what it should even without root 'cause not a single app is running in the background if I don't open it.

Please don't miss anything from the above mentioned points.
I did everithing I could ;)
Hope you find this useful.
It is :good:,many thanks !

Reactions: Samavb

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
Observations

I uninstalled all the apps i can't hibernate,should be a system app's problem ?

I set to auto only when i'm outside.

Already tried,those apps restart themselves in few minutes.

Hibernated apps or frozen/deactivated apps ?

If the signal is weak,what can I do to improve it ?

It seems that greenify doeas what it should even without root 'cause not a single app is running in the background if I don't open it.

I did everithing I could ;)

It is :good:,many thanks !

Hi,

I know if you set the brightness to "auto" it is little brighter and easier to look at your screen outside especially in sun light otherwise it is pretty hard to read. During that time it is better to increase the brightness manually by moving the slider to your right as per your requirement.

In the battery usage screen, those google apps will restart once you connect to internet.But before you keep your phone in idle mode it is better to"Force stop them from the battery usage screen.

Google play, Google maps, Google play services, Google contact sync and other Google apps are battery hogs if not optimized.

Since you are not rooted you can only "hibernate" but not freeze.Yes, it is hibernated apps.

In your house/work check where you are getting full bars and place the phone in that place always to minimize the battery drain. That is one thing you can try. It helped me doing this way when I faced similar problem.
When you finish using 3G data don't forget to change the "network mode" from WCDMA to GSM.

Greenify is excellent app if you are rooted and it works in conjunction with Xposed framework beautifully. Without root it doesn't have the authority to auto-hibernate the apps. From the screenshots I felt it is not that effective like it is for rooted phones. Otherwise you will have horizontal line across your screen and not a slope in idle state. If your battery is draining while you use the apps/services then it is ok but when you don't use battery shouldn't drain so much. You should have something like 10% per 1 hour SOT and during idle state max drain 1% for 9 hours or 12 hours.

These were my observations based on your screenshots to add another 1 hour or more SOT to your existing results.

I understand you don't want to root now because of Knox problem. But when you do root in future, you will be able to enjoy your mobile even more as you can adjust the voltages for certain frequencies, freeze unnecessary apps like Google play. Convert system apps like Google contact sync , Google bookmark sync , Google calendar sync to user apps and then greenify them. Finally, uninstall some bloatware.

Hope you find this useful and succeed in improving your battery results.

Cheers!

NBAPwns13

Jun 2, 2015
Is it normal to lose 7 percent from 100 % when the phone is off and im checking it like for 2 minutes and turning it off? damn any more tips i can use?

in battery i have 24% android system 19 % screen and 19% Android OS

Last edited:

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
Is it normal to lose 7 percent from 100 % when the phone is off and im checking it like for 2 minutes and turning it off? damn any more tips i can use?

in battery i have 24% android system 19 % screen and 19% Android OS

My battery is pretty inconsistent from 100-90% ... then it becomes normal.
It stucks at 3% for long time. I usually get 7 -8hrs sot on 2g and 6hrs on 3g

NBAPwns13

Jun 2, 2015
Any tips to improve SOT battery life? The more i use SOT like browse or just go through settings i lose alot of battery. But when the screen is off for the day i go to sleep battery never moves

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note 3 Neo SM-N750 Rooted Kitkat 4.4.2 6days6hrs & SOT 8h46m

Hi Everyone,

SM-N750

if you are rooted
    if you are NOT rooted

part 1 -> Click here

part 2-> Click here

Cheers!
    I too am hopeful that this phone becomes more popular considering how great the phone is at the current price.. I am happy skipped nexus 5.. This phone for me is better..
    Yup i saw ur thread about the sources and hopefully we'll get CM in a few months! :)

Ure rooted, right?
    Any particular root app that makes the phone experience a lot better? And does greenify vastly improve ur battery life?
    As it is im getting such great battery life.. But urs is another step ahead.. What i noticed is that screen is consuming just 12-15% of my battery life.. AndroidOS and mediaserver are consuming more.. Do u think there's mediaserver drain? This is a bit surprising cos in my S2 screen consumed ~65% of battery..

nono dont worry ya there are many tricks which helps 2 run your battery for longer today i will launch a new NEW THREAD :victory: as i studied the phone functioning apps services kernel rom and all based on that i i have made a list of stuffs which every user who r using NEO must do after 4 5 hours i will post everything in that thread u can follow from there step by step :victory:
    Nice.. waiting eagerly! :D
    Btw.. I haven't noticed in stuttering but just status bar lag while using saavn.. I think it is an app issue.. what's ur opinion?

nop its nt a app issue its a firmware issue which i have alredy reported to samsung development depart. samsung drivers r some where fails in handling 2 different type of processor architecture 1.7 dual core and 1.3Ghz 4 core the issue is with the handling this issue is with samsung galaxy s4 also all octa processors but i have a fix for this by disabling the samsung voltage and underclocking values let the android handle the processor clock i will also post about that in my new thread after that your phone will run as iphone smooth faster than ever no need 2 reboot for speed up u can keep ur phone on without reboots your phone will always run smoothly dont worry :D giv me some time
    Hi guys.. I bought the phone yesterday and coming from galaxy s2 the battery life using the Note 3 Neo is awesome. :D

1st charging cycle..
    88% to 5% (the battery meter was reset after S/W update)
    Battery life is kickass on this phone.Everything on stock and easily lasts more than a day. Wish I had that Ultra power saving mode feature from the Galaxy S5 ?

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk
    It's a nifty feature.. will make the battery last forever! :p
    But im so happy with battery life.. for the first time after owning so many phones I don't have to worry about battery life.. :D