[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

Search This thread
Bootloader (BL) > BOOTLOADER...
PDA (AP) > CODE...
PHONE (CP) > MODEM...
CSC > CSC...
PIT > CSB...

The guide wants me to put all of these files into odin. I don't know where to get them.
The CF page offers both boot and recovery images. Which one(s) should I choose?
Thanks again, I really love your support. I would be lost without it.
Get the firmware from updato, unzip the downloaded file, select the tar.md5 file as AP, and select flash.

Sent from my SM-G930F using XDA Labs

Reactions: Sogolumbo

Stere01

Jan 3, 2018
I've done all the steps and it all seemd to work fine, but when it was all done SuperSu said "root undetected" and the App RootChecker says the same.
I did all the steps again then and for some reason now SuperSu is removed and there is still no root.
What can I do? :'(

mielletseed

Nov 2, 2013
I've done all the steps and it all seemd to work fine, but when it was all done SuperSu said "root undetected" and the App RootChecker says the same.
I did all the steps again then and for some reason now SuperSu is removed and there is still no root.
What can I do? :'(
This thread is really outdated ...
You have to install an actual custom recovery (TWRP) and than can you flash an actual SuperSU.zip The latest one you will find here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

Reactions: IronRoo

ludi.97

Jun 29, 2018
Hi, So i followed all your steps and also instslled the kernel but now it dont boot up and only thing that son the screen is Set Warranty Bit: kernel .... and screen goes blank again.. any way i can fix it ?

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Hi, So i followed all your steps and also instslled the kernel but now it dont boot up and only thing that son the screen is Set Warranty Bit: kernel .... and screen goes blank again.. any way i can fix it ?

do you have I9195 running stock Samsung rom? (eg it won't work on I9195i)

reflash stock rom
then find one of the newer recovery threads for TWRP by riipee or neozone (Arco also has a new TWRP on his LOS15 thread) if you have a I9195 else find recovery for your exact model (& use new ver of Odin they suggest)

As milletseed says above, This thread is very old!!!

ascure

Jul 20, 2018
Hello, I was trying to follow the instruction but at the phone reboot, I missed the moment when I had to press volume up and home buttons... I decided to restart the phone and repeat the whole thing but now instead of Samsung official I have Custom for Current Binary and Odin stucks and can't achieve the recovery .... Can you help me please ?

jihef_

Apr 12, 2020
S4 mini kernel impossible to install

Hey everyone,

First, thank for my english, I'm French :p!
Now, why am I I'm writing here? Because that's a long time that I want to remove all google app on my samsung s4 mini, and today I try! And sinci miday, It does not functiun anymore!!

In fact, I first wanted to change my kernel or framework. Don't find any kernel and as a rookie, I decided change my mind, and just try to remove any Google App.
I pass as SuperUser, erase lot of files, until that a
Le processus com.android.phone s'est arrêté
appeared.

THAT THE BEGINNING OF THE PROBLEM (OR NOT ;) )

So I searched any solution, and finally find a list of Rom, and a very good post by arco68 : https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980

I try it,but when I connect my S4 and try to Start the recovery file (step 6), nothing happen.

Anyone still interess by this cellular ;)???

It would be great to continue the transition for a different world!

By advance, thanks!

jihef_

WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
  • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip
  • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
  2. Turn off the phone.
  3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
  4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
  5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
  6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
  7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
  8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
  9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
  10. Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
    Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common/commits/stock
If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.

• KNOXAgent.apk
  • KNOXStore.apk
  • ContainerAgent.apk

revenant_1431

Apr 8, 2020
Hello!

I followed your method to root my S4 mini GT-I9195, and it worked well. Now I'm wondering if it can be unrooted using only SuperSu by simply taping the Full unroot tab in the Settings? Sorry if my question sounds stupid, I have no knowledge of this and this was the first time I rooted a phone.
Thank you very much!

Last edited:

sinnersays

Nov 19, 2022
I wondered how would you know if the phone is bricked or if it is a hardware defect like a short circuit around the power management for instance?

My S4 mini was charging over night and next morning it was unresponsive. When I connect it to a PC I get qhsusb_dload in the device manager. But wouldnt this also occur when there was a short circuit somewhere? How do I know it is hard bricked? Thanks!

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
I wondered how would you know if the phone is bricked or if it is a hardware defect like a short circuit around the power management for instance?

My S4 mini was charging over night and next morning it was unresponsive. When I connect it to a PC I get qhsusb_dload in the device manager. But wouldnt this also occur when there was a short circuit somewhere? How do I know it is hard bricked? Thanks!
If it is a problem with the mother board, then it might respond to an old electronics trick. But first, are you sure your battery is okay?

Take a look at this post and the one immediately after it:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    10. Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
      Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common/commits/stock
    If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk
    I'm still working on CM, and have the last few days been struggling with rewriting the audio config that defines mixer control and usages. Samsung uses completely different names than what's in the audio hal in CM, and rewriting it and testing is a huge pain. And then on top of that Android 4.3 was released, so even more work bringing that up too.
    [OFF-TOPIC] What do you think about releasing a second CM9/CM10 EOL for our old Galaxy W to include the MasterKey exploit patches? I don't think it's a good idea to leave us with security risks :)[/OFF-TOPIC]

Yes, there will be new releases of that soon. But keep that discussion to the Galaxy W forums. :)

Quick question before I root it, what do you mean by "insecure"? Certainly not shy, but as in unstable or as in unsafe?

An insecure kernel has disabled the root prevention checks that Samsung added. Other than that it's the same as stock kernel. Although in this kernel I also made two minor changes to allow apps to read the kernel log and the full logcat.
    Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
    Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.