[Q] Help Brightness Flicker & No Control

Search This thread

xclaw

Dec 14, 2008
Hey,

Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 hoping it was a glitch with 4.2 but my screen brightness flickers up and down what appears to be about 5 levels consistently (very fast, resembles a flickering) whenever the display is on. The brightness control also doesn't work, it has no effect on the brightness levels, you can slide it from one side to the other with no actual change.

This has an ill affect of draining the battery about 1% a minute when the display is on.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

I have the auto brightness unchecked and when enabled there is no change either.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Hey,

Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 hoping it was a glitch with 4.2 but my screen brightness flickers up and down what appears to be about 5 levels consistently (very fast, resembles a flickering) whenever the display is on. The brightness control also doesn't work, it has no effect on the brightness levels, you can slide it from one side to the other with no actual change.

This has an ill affect of draining the battery about 1% a minute when the display is on.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

I have the auto brightness unchecked and when enabled there is no change either.

When you flashed to 4.3 did you do a wipe? Have you tried a reset at any time? If you just updated without wipe it would have retained any previous settings or conflicts that may cause this.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xclaw

Dec 14, 2008
I'll do a quick backup and then try a wipe to see if that clears it up. Thanks for the suggestion.

gpong

Nov 4, 2013
maybe you has to sent to service central but before just update again ,hope will fine

xclaw

Dec 14, 2008
Did all the wipes and no go, called up Bell and have her going in for a RMA check. Can't wait to see what they say.