[Q] Is there any Kitkat X86 Phone out there?

Search This thread
Feb 11, 2014
Hi there,

I am on my way porting kitkat to our beloved Razr I. There is not much progress so far, as I started from a mostly fresh product environment a lot of work has to be done with much time consuming testing (The build system is really slow and not everything can be tested without rebuilding the rom).

A bit of a showstopper seems to be the precompiled binaries we need. They are compiled against some JellyBean Android system libraries and are not compatible. Instead of adding to the Kitkat-Libs I really would like to use vendor blobs compiled against Kitkat... Does anybody know of a firmware image of any X86-atom 4.4 Phone?

Development thread and github sources will be published within the next few days - but I still need 9 more posts to get access to that board :)

Paloik

Dec 21, 2010
Hey there, maybe. . . can help this one?
H t t p: //software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-atom-x86-image-for-android-4-4-kitkat-installation-instructions-manually

Its no Image of a phone but for developing in emulation-environment

Last edited:

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012
Maybe its more practical to get fixed the things for 4.2.2 first?

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

adddaamo

Oct 1, 2010
Agree. As I know there is no single x86 phone with KitKat. It would be great if we could have 4.4 but I don't know if there is chance for it - not yet.
Cyanogenmod could give our phone new live, even with Android 4.2. It would be great if anyone with proper knowledge and abilities could help in building and resolving bugs in 4.2 build.

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app