Capacitive buttons are not working ?

Search This thread

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
:crying: I have HTC One X+ 64gb Telus which is rooted,s-off and boot loader unlocked. I am using Elegancia 6.2.0. I don't know what happened to it. Suddenly Capacitive buttons are not working as light are working. In past it never dropped and I Nevar sit on it. I don't know why it happened. Now i am using LMT launcher from which I am not satisfied and thinking about repairing it. In my city there are no HTC service center but there is a collection point(I don't know what it is??? :rolleyes: ) . I searched about this on Internet and found that it may be problem of Digitizer. So, My questions are:

1. By replacing LCD+Digitizer would solve this problem? If yes, then which variant should I buy SHARP or SONY version? As mine is Telus version.
2. Should I go to Collection Point in my city ?
3. Or should I take risk of doing dis-assembly of it ?
4. Or Should I buy a LCD+Digitizer from internet and do replacement by local mobile repairs?

PS: I bought it 2 months ago from ebay and it doesn't have manufacturer warranty. And sorry for my bad english :(

ethanon

Aug 21, 2010
:crying: I have HTC One X+ 64gb Telus which is rooted,s-off and boot loader unlocked. I am using Elegancia 6.2.0. I don't know what happened to it. Suddenly Capacitive buttons are not working as light are working. In past it never dropped and I Nevar sit on it. I don't know why it happened. Now i am using LMT launcher from which I am not satisfied and thinking about repairing it. In my city there are no HTC service center but there is a collection point(I don't know what it is??? :rolleyes: ) . I searched about this on Internet and found that it may be problem of Digitizer. So, My questions are:

1. By replacing LCD+Digitizer would solve this problem? If yes, then which variant should I buy SHARP or SONY version? As mine is Telus version.
2. Should I go to Collection Point in my city ?
3. Or should I take risk of doing dis-assembly of it ?
4. Or Should I buy a LCD+Digitizer from internet and do replacement by local mobile repairs?

PS: I bought it 2 months ago from ebay and it doesn't have manufacturer warranty. And sorry for my bad english :(

Friend getting it replaced wont be the wisest decision, I would suggest you to try some other ROMs like ASOP CM10.2 version and see if the problem persists, since the lights are working. Hope if that dosent work replacing the LDC will take some thing around Rs 8000 Indian. I don't know about the make of the Sceen, but I guess going to the collection point might just help, else if you can get it to Bhopal or some thing.
Don't risk dis-assemble it, if you are not sure what you are doing .
Well getting the LCD+Digitizer from ebay I just don't know since it hard to find the OEM version ...

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
Good news !!!

Friend getting it replaced wont be the wisest decision, I would suggest you to try some other ROMs like ASOP CM10.2 version and see if the problem persists, since the lights are working. Hope if that dosent work replacing the LDC will take some thing around Rs 8000 Indian. I don't know about the make of the Sceen, but I guess going to the collection point might just help, else if you can get it to Bhopal or some thing.
Don't risk dis-assemble it, if you are not sure what you are doing .
Well getting the LCD+Digitizer from ebay I just don't know since it hard to find the OEM version ...

:victory: Thanks a lot for reply friend, I think there is some problem in ELEGANCIA as I switched tp CM10.2 it works again normally, Now I am sure that it's not HARDWARE PROBLEM, its SOFTWARE. :good:

OBSERVATIONS OF CAPACITIVE BUTTON :

1. In ELEGANCIA works for 12 hrs(Approx)

switched to CM10.2, They working again... :good: :laugh: :victory:

ethanon

Aug 21, 2010
:victory: Thanks a lot for reply friend, I think there is some problem in ELEGANCIA as I switched tp CM10.2 it works again normally, Now I am sure that it's not HARDWARE PROBLEM, its SOFTWARE. :good:

OBSERVATIONS OF CAPACITIVE BUTTON :

1. In ELEGANCIA works for 12 hrs(Approx)

switched to CM10.2, They working again... :good: :laugh: :victory:

Good to know it worked .