[Q] can't write to the external sd card (Aosp)

Search This thread

foszuled

Apr 14, 2011
West Warwick
I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-51-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-51-16.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 25

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.

Search and you will find the answer :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps

You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

foszuled

Apr 14, 2011
West Warwick
You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

Yea I think I'm gonna format it I've been doing allot of reading about that f2fs format I'm gonna do my whole phone in that format I think.. I changed roms one two one aosp neither one helped so I'm guessing it's not Rom related I never take my sd card out of my phone I haven't wiped it I just don't get how one day I can write to it and another day I can't..