New Firmware downloading now..

Search This thread
G

GuestK00431

8.8.3.33 - No idea what its fixed yet

EDIT: it keeps downloading the same file all the time without installing it :S

EDIT: Now installed but still no idea what its fixed or done..

Last edited:

Col.Kernel

Jul 21, 2010
Check the version. Probably just a minor upgrade.

Might also check the GPS and see if that fixed it. Get a good lock, turn off the WiFi, drive around.

n11

Dec 11, 2009
Same here, downloaded and installing now...no more information yet.

G

GuestK00431

Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Installed the new firmware and after reboot got a message for an updated firmware for the camera. Downloading it right now...

original G

Dec 13, 2010
yeah i got 3 updates. 2 firmwares and one camera. there is touchcreen info now which means they twicked that as well. i can confirm as i am 20/20 with closing cached apps since the update, lol.

my pad ec and dock data is updated and now there is mobile dock data present as well. Whatever that means...

Last edited:

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
Installed the new firmware and after reboot got a message for an updated firmware for the camera. Downloading it right now...

really? i only got one update...can you post your version numbers?

I am now:

GPS - 5.8.13
WiFi - 5.1.2.46
BT - 7.26
Camera - x9891
Touch Panel ? - MXT-2.0 build-170
kernel - 2.6.36.3
build - 8.8.3.33-20111223
EC - 0214

Last edited:

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.

adhd.gif

original G

Dec 13, 2010
some of us had older camera firmware for some reason. That's why we got the camers update. i was 9890 before and now i'm 9891 like you.

QUOTE=tdrussell;20934948]really? i only got one update...can you post your version numbers?

I am now:

GPS - 5.8.13
WiFi - 5.1.2.46
BT - 7.26
Camera - x9891
Touch Panel ? - MXT-2.0 build-170
kernel - 2.6.36.3
build - 8.8.3.33-20111223
EC - 0214[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the ASUS-Germany Facebook Page:
    update.jpg
    right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.
    WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
    Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

Same here. Got it to work by going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Google+ > Clear Data , then Force stop. First time you load Google+ you will then need to select your account.
    For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.
    this method worked for me