module flying android doesn't work

Search This thread

matze0611

Feb 23, 2011
Hello,

I have a rooted Nexus 5 with stock rom.

I tried to use xposed module "flying android", it works when I start it within apps overview, but not as explained in the video by pressing long the home button. I always get the google now icon.

Could anybody help me please?

Thank you!

Matthias

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
After installing and enabling Flying Android, you need to launch "FA Toggle" to move the window of the Activity. But this module does NOT provide any way to launch it. So you should prepare other apps to do it such as Gravity Box, SwipePad, etc. In the demo movie, I use Gravity Box to show "FA Toggle" on the Navi-ring (popup when long-pressing the home button).

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.

In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkgktyk

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.

OK, I revert Black list's layout to previous version. And FA Toggle's behavior you said is probably Android's specification. Because FA Toggle is an Activity within Flying Android package, it brings another Activity within same package to top of app's stack if the another Activity is running on background. I think FA Toggle's flag is bad, but I couldn't fix it. Therefore, please exit Flying Android's app by pressing Back key before fly.

In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.

My Galaxy Note's phone app still cannot fly. And Firefox works correctly even if flying.
I feel that model-dependent behaviors are increased on version 0.6.x. I also received a report that FA's icon is displayed on the top if FA is enabled on HTC's phone.

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
With 0.5.6, I couldn't even use my phone app. I don't mean flying it, I mean it wouldn't work and I couldn't answer calls with FA enabled. I'd have to disable FA in Xposed and then reboot to make a call. But now it's ok.

Is it possible to add an option to disable FA without having to reboot? I've seen other Xposed modules that have a disable feature.

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
With 0.5.6, I couldn't even use my phone app. I don't mean flying it, I mean it wouldn't work and I couldn't answer calls with FA enabled. I'd have to disable FA in Xposed and then reboot to make a call. But now it's ok.

Is it possible to add an option to disable FA without having to reboot? I've seen other Xposed modules that have a disable feature.

Could you answer calls with 0.5.6 if appends the phone app to the black list? It works as FA is disabled if the app is added to the black list.
Now, I uploaded FA version 0.6.3. The new version can change settings without rebooting, requires to recreate Activity instead.

Reactions: Jimmy34742

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
Could you answer calls with 0.5.6 if appends the phone app to the black list? It works as FA is disabled if the app is added to the black list.
No, I had the phone app and contacts blacklisted, along with the system phone app (blacklisted by default?), but I simply could not use my phone, except in a very limited way. The phone app would pop up a warning dialog, and if I dismissed it, the phone call would disconnect. Plus, I couldn't use the keypad at all.

0.6.3 has a similar problem, and I've discovered that 0.6.2 doesn't work properly with the phone app, either. I've blacklisted the phone app and com.android.phone. I can make a phone call, but the screen goes black and then com.android.phone pops up an FC dialog. The phone call continues, but if I dismiss the dialog, the phone call will cut off. At that point, I see the keypad again and can make a new call, but the same thing happens. Also, there's a persistent notification of an ongoing phone call that I can only clear by rebooting my phone.

The other features of 0.6.3 look good and I haven't seen problems with any other apps yet.

EDIT: I want to suggest a new feature: fly the pull-down notification window. When I open notifications, I can't clear them one-handed because I can't reach the "clear" button.

Last edited:

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Thank you for details. I have understood the problem as last. In version 0.6.4, I fixed the bug that cause to FC in call on Galaxy. I tested by Galaxy Note, but I think that other Galaxy devices are same behavior.

EDIT: I want to suggest a new feature: fly the pull-down notification window. When I open notifications, I can't clear them one-handed because I can't reach the "clear" button.

That's a nice idea! very very good!
Although I had tried to stack notifications from bottom for one-handed operations before, it is failed. I couldn't come up with your idea.
I am going to start the challenge after FA has been a little more stable.

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
Thank you for details. I have understood the problem as last. In version 0.6.4, I fixed the bug that cause to FC in call on Galaxy. I tested by Galaxy Note, but I think that other Galaxy devices are same behavior.
The "in call" bug is fixed on my Galaxy S4. So I took the phone app contacts off the blacklist, and they fly correctly. The pin options look good, and option changes take effect after restarting apps that were already running so that we don't have to reboot.

EDIT: suggestion: I only find the pin function useful in a few apps (that do internal scrolling). It's annoying to display the pin for apps that don't need it because I might accidentally touch it. So I suggest a whitelist for the pin function.

Last edited:

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
It doesn't work well with ezPDF, so I had to blacklist it. When you view this app's recent items list, FA changes the list's coloring to mostly white so that it's hard to read. I guess that has something to do with the "Force set window background" feature, which I have checked. Then, when you fly ezPDF while in the recent items list, it takes two clicks to un-fly it completely. I don't really need to fly this app, but if the bugs associated with ezPDF are fixed, I imagine it will make FA work better with other apps, too.

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
The "in call" bug is fixed on my Galaxy S4. So I took the phone app contacts off the blacklist, and they fly correctly. The pin options look good, and option changes take effect after restarting apps that were already running so that we don't have to reboot.

EDIT: suggestion: I only find the pin function useful in a few apps (that do internal scrolling). It's annoying to display the pin for apps that don't need it because I might accidentally touch it. So I suggest a whitelist for the pin function.

Thank you for your feedbacks, I really appreciate your response.
I'll append a white list for the pin function in the next version.

It doesn't work well with ezPDF, so I had to blacklist it. When you view this app's recent items list, FA changes the list's coloring to mostly white so that it's hard to read. I guess that has something to do with the "Force set window background" feature, which I have checked. Then, when you fly ezPDF while in the recent items list, it takes two clicks to un-fly it completely. I don't really need to fly this app, but if the bugs associated with ezPDF are fixed, I imagine it will make FA work better with other apps, too.

I confirmed the bug. There are two flying views at a time in ezPDF. I'll fix it.

@tkgktyk: I got a cycle reboot at sony ericsson ray (os 2.3.4 stock) :)

Sorry, supported Gingerbread since I had some requests, but I cannot test mod's behavior on Gingerbread. I tested only UIs.
Could you send me logs? There is an email address in https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.tkgktyk.donatetotkgktyk

coolkaas

Nov 14, 2010
@tkgktyk: how I can get logs if reboot is permanently occurs? I don't know. Last time to restore phone I just back up data partition from my cwm-backup (so elden! :) ).
and what log? system or xposed? I don't know which log-files will not be erased after data part restore.. Or trying to connect to adb between reboots?
give me some hints/advice and I'll try again.

Last edited:

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
@Jimmy34742: I updated FA to version 0.6.5. I fixed bugs in FA with ezPDF or apps having similar layout. Also, added new feature to fly status bar (including notifications) and white list for pin.

@tkgktyk: how I can get logs if reboot is permanently occurs? I don't know. Last time to restore phone I just back up data partition from my cwm-backup (so elden! :) ).
and what log? system or xposed? I don't know which log-files will not be erased after data part restore.. Or trying to connect to adb between reboots?
give me some hints/advice and I'll try again.

I want to get logs outputted by adb logcat while bootlooping. Could you try to connect to adb between reboots?

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
@Jimmy34742: I updated FA to version 0.6.5. I fixed bugs in FA with ezPDF or apps having similar layout. Also, added new feature to fly status bar (including notifications) and white list for pin.
ezPDF is fixed.

EDIT:
The status bar pin mostly works. But after I fly it once, the next time, it won't fly until I touch the pin two times. The same behavior when I un-fly the status bar without dismissing it. To re-fly it, I have to touch the pin two times.

The pin white list doesn't work. I white list an app, but all apps continue to show the pin. When I return to FA to check the white list, it shows no whitelisted items, so white list selection isn't sticking. I tried rebooting, but that doesn't fix it.

Also, the pin behavior changed as of a couple of versions ago (I forgot to mention it). I want to pin the app Solid Explorer, which is a file browser. Previously, when I pinned it, I could then scroll the file list inside the pinned, flying window. But now when I pin it, I can't scroll the file list: the flying window is just pinned in place until I unpin or unfly it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    version 0.6.0 causing other apps to FC all over the place. I had to revert to 0.5.6.

Thanks for your message, I fixed the bug at version 0.6.1 already uploaded.

Now, I uploaded FA version 0.6.3. The new version can change settings without rebooting, requires to recreate Activity instead.

That's a nice idea! very very good!
    Although I had tried to stack notifications from bottom for one-handed operations before, it is failed. I couldn't come up with your idea.
    I am going to start the challenge after FA has been a little more stable.