[Q] Help with Internal storage

Search This thread

HellDad

Mar 11, 2014
hey there.
im new here, so i hope i havent done anything wrong...

i own a i9100 running CM 10.1.3 android ver. 4.2.2, rooted.

every once in a while the phone freeze, and i need to restart it manually, but im ok with that..

now, last week i had an alert says internal storage is low.. and so some stuff wont work.
so i deleted few apps until it was fine, and stopped the auto update for all apps.
and yet today i got this annoying alert again. so i was assuming that there is something growing there under the hood..

I downloaded this "storage Analyzer" and i appears that "/data/log" is over 1 GB and it filled with thousands of small log files, about 1 MB each.

so i guess i found that growing thing.. but i cant get to it... nevertheless get rid of it...
I would appreciate some advice that not including connecting the phone to the PC, Although if necessary I will do so..

Thanks!!

HellDad

Mar 11, 2014
Hey.

I solve the broblem by erasing the files using "Root Browser".
The app have the permmision to delete on system partition.
So in matter of speaking I cracked it.
Although I don't know what created those "log" files..
Is there to know which app created those files??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

HellDad

Mar 11, 2014
Hey,

I solve the problem using the ADB Shell commands and the phone root privileges using my pc.

I deleted the content of "/data/log" using "rm -r /data/log" , there was hundreds of .log files each about 2 MB which used 1.8 gigs of the internal memory of the phone.

it was very frustrating process, but hey.. i did it..