[Rom] XDark ICS v2 Final {GSM} (4.0.3 ICS)

What features would you like to see in the next XDark ICS update?

• New themes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • More xperia S features

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • More sony apps and widgets

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Thanks but i found the problem :) check my post above for info

UPDATE: now its just fricking boot looping :( wat the hell is going on here?

UPDATE2: now it wont even get to the boot animation. :'(

I have redownloaded the zip but same problem.

1st of all...where the he'll ya been friend? It's been a long time since Ive seen you here.lol. Anyways I was using .42 FW/-56 BB and Doomkernel v.3. Maybe this helps you install. Then again I don't see why you cant use .62 FW since it's is similar FW to .42. Maybe do in this order(if you didn't)
1.) Flash .42 or .62 in flashtool
2.) factory restore,wipe cache+dalvik
3.) Fastboot Doomkernel v.3
4.) Flash XDarkmario Rom in CWM.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

abrahamt24

Apr 18, 2012
Jakarta
is this already supercharged?
and what baseband should i use?
.42, .58 enhanced, .58 enhancedv2 or .62? thanks!

Last edited:

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
1st of all...where the he'll ya been friend? It's been a long time since Ive seen you here.lol. Anyways I was using .42 FW/-56 BB and Doomkernel v.3. Maybe this helps you install. Then again I don't see why you cant use .62 FW since it's is similar FW to .42. Maybe do in this order(if you didn't)

5. Wipe battery stats just for the heck of it :D

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net

I haven't been any where. thanks for guide but that's what I already did and it still didn't work lol. I will try again when git spare time but gotta fix dads phone first as the rom I put on made his games not work. He has a galaxy spica.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

abrahamt24

Apr 18, 2012
Jakarta
so, i use the .62 baseband flash the doomkernel v03 then flash this ROM
but i'm stuck at the booting animation screen, then it's turned off and rebooted again
what should i do.? use the .42 firmware.?

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Ok, so there are many people asking how to fix these touchpads and with what files. Can the real XDarkmario please stand up.lol.

CTU_Loscombe

Apr 4, 2010
Sunderland
Ok, so there are many people asking how to fix these touchpads and with what files. Can the real XDarkmario please stand up.lol.

Apparently he's not sharing the fix. I recommended Aaron187 (4.0.4 Xperia Arc Port) ask him for the fix and Aaron said he's refusing to give the fix out. Kinda goes against the helping people out aspect of this site in all honesty

I think Mario has abandoned his thread.

Either that or Bowser has kidnapped his wife....

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
Apparently he's not sharing the fix. I recommended Aaron187 (4.0.4 Xperia Arc Port) ask him for the fix and Aaron said he's refusing to give the fix out. Kinda goes against the helping people out aspect of this site in all honesty

Plain and simple dont show support downloading this rom if he wont show support to other devs about this anticipated fix. I already switched myself.

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

aaron187

Mar 7, 2011
He just doesn't want to tell anyone the fix and wants to take the glory for himself but I guess some people like to be selfish..... It's sad but true

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
Well, he did give a brief description of what he did earlier in the thread. One could analyze what he said he changed and possibly come up with the answer.

aaron187

Mar 7, 2011
Well, he did give a brief description of what he did earlier in the thread. One could analyze what he said he changed and possibly come up with the answer.

Do you know how many .so files there are in a Rom? It would be impossible to fix the touchpads from that description, I wouldnt even call it a description it's of no help.

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford

Lolol, (Mario falls down hole, "The End",Failure Music Playing). :thumbdown: But Why not share? Is he expecting a check from Sony for the fix?:rolleyes:

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
So now we're badmouthing the only dev that managed to get the touchpads working?

Everyone suddenly jumps on the attack bandwagon and didn't even wait for the guy to say anything. He is probably working on the new version of the rom. Give him some time. Every single dev here want's to have a killer function that makes their rom special, and seemingly so does he. Eventually I'm sure everyone will get the fix.

This way you'll just frustrate the dev so he quits and never shares his finds. I have no idea what thought process results in saying "let's not download the rom till he says what he did" !?

Also it's not fair to criticize a dev when we have other devs around here pretty much saying: -"Donate" if you want a new version out, otherwise I won't have the motivation to develop.

For me that's the bigger crime.

I'm sorry for this little rant but this behavior is just revolting. People just want everything to be done the way they see fit, and on top of that it should be done right away, so they don't need to wait a day or two more.

The only thing that we, as users, are entitled to is the stock version that Sony included, and any potential official updates we get. Everything else is purely provided by the good will and effort of the devs on these forums. So to pester some of them with requests and threaten boycott because of something you think should happen, well, that's just plain wrong. And sad.

Keep up the good work xdarkmario, and all other great devs that give life to the Play. Cheers!

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
So now we're badmouthing the only dev that managed to get the touchpads working?

Everyone suddenly jumps on the attack bandwagon and didn't even wait for the guy to say anything. He is probably working on the new version of the rom. Give him some time. Every single dev here want's to have a killer function that makes their rom special, and seemingly so does he. Eventually I'm sure everyone will get the fix.

This way you'll just frustrate the dev so he quits and never shares his finds. I have no idea what thought process results in saying "let's not download the rom till he says what he did" !?

Also it's not fair to criticize a dev when we have other devs around here pretty much saying: -"Donate" if you want a new version out, otherwise I won't have the motivation to develop.

I'm sorry for this little rant but this behavior is just revolting. People just want everything to be done the way they see fit, and on top of that it should be done right away, so they don't need to wait a day or two more.

The only thing that we, as users, are entitled to is the stock version that Sony included, and any potential official updates we get. Everything else is purely provided by the good will and effort of the devs on these forums. So to pester some of them with requests and threaten boycott because of something you think should happen, well, that's just plain wrong. And sad.

Keep up the good work xdarkmario, and all other great devs that give life to the Play. Cheers!

Ya but last time I checked this was a open community

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes! :laugh:

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Download XDark ICS V0.1

Download XDark ICS V0.2

XDark ICS v0.2(Mirror)

V1 features
    *Features*
    -AROMA INSTALLER!
    -fast
    -WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
    -FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
    -based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
    -xLOUD included
    -MIUI music player
    -new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
    -Fully rooted
    -removed blotware
    -Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
    -link2SD
    -and much more!!

v2 updates

*CHANGELOG/ UPDATE LIST*
    -New lockscreen
    -fixed lockscreen media player
    -added torch app
    -NEW YOUTUBE APP!
    -added more xperia S features (apps)
    -cosmic flow live wallpaper (Xperia S live wallpaper)
    -updated ES file browser
    -fixed download ui

~XDark ICS V3 Canceled~

Unfortunately XDark ics v3 is Canceled, My phone is giving up on me slowly. for flashing back and forth between roms and kernels my xperia play is starting to suffer from a faulty NAND chip and wont function correctly on certain android versions. So i have flashed back to factory and might remain their. Sorry for the inconvenience:(
    It seems that people are very interested in this whole touch pad thing. I already said what I did and pointed you in the direction of it. The the touch pad files all rely in the FRAMEWORK and lib. The framework-Res.apk is in regular android but the jar files are ported from gingerbread because the touch pads worked there right? So anyone with a little or intermediate knowledge of Java coding can re write the jar files seeing how android is compiled of Linux, a little of C+ coding and Java. Then the all you do is edit and sign the input.jar, framework-Res.apk and framework.jar. as for the drivers they all reside in lib folder. is that so hard? :what:

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium
    Android 4.0.4 Changelog from 4.0.3:

- Stability improvements
    - Better camera performance
    - Smoother screen rotation
    - Improved phone number recognition

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

OK I'll try to update my sources now

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium
    My xdark ICS v0.2 is just about finished people! I am just compiling and final testing ny Rom.

Beamed from my R800x using xda premium