[ROM][4.4.1][P1/L/N] OmniROM [ALPHA][UNOFFICIAL] 2013-12-12

Search This thread

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
ok, so i don't have the sprint tablet yet (could be a few weeks off) - but i have been busy... i need a CDMA user who wants to take a risk and try something out for me... (big hint - i posted in this thread for a reason!)

the risk isn't device-threatening, but it may not boot or work anywhere near as intended (i.e. expect things to be broken, possibility of needing to flash a working rom / kernel to bring it back to life)... there's a fair chance it will boot fine and most things will work (except data/gps and anything else pending at this time), but either way - you would want to be proficient in heimdall or odin just in case. it would also be a great help if you have the knowledge on how to get logs so i can debug what has gone wrong so far if necessary, but even just knowing it works will be a great help...

please don't ask if you are not comfortable with something that could go wrong - first few people to private message me on here get access to it. ;)

sorry to all the p1 users, but trust me when i say, you will be looked after soon enough. ;)

I'm sporting a P1C still if you need more risk takers

Sent out from my Kit Kat Tab

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
I've been searching for a working KitKat ROM, for my Phablets, and this may well be the One!
Properly rendered Pin Pad (Check), working Camera (Check). Above all it has a working SD Card, unmounter! Something that current CM Builds DON'T HAVE!
This ROM Type is a godsend for the GT-P3110 (Galaxy Tab 2 7.0). Everything is more or less as it should be.
This makes the bugs on the GT-P1000 (Galaxy Tab), more glaring though.
For example I'm missing the "Enable Widgets" in the "System" -> "Security".. Having seen this work on the P3110 I really want on my P1000 now.
I'd also like request the option to enable or disable the Navigation Bar (i.e. Soft Buttons).

If that's possible.
thx.

Reactions: BURHAN77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OmniROM
    for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (GT-P1000/L/N)
    *** UNOFFICIAL / ALPHA ***

Om.jpg

http://www.omnirom.org

a new upcoming, opensource project that is growing massively day by day - created by some of the best and most well known XDA devs, and 100% community driven.

please stop by and check out the official website above for details, or visit their XDA hosted section at: http://xdaforums.com/omni

*** NOTE: this project is still very new - don't expect all the features you'd expect in the more established roms, like CM / AOKP or PA, but it will change a lot with every release!

>> DISCLAIMER ::

THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE - THINGS MAY NOT WORK AS EXPECTED

upon flashing this release, you hearby void the ability to complain if it breaks something. although i always try to test things as best i can, i can't guarantee it won't make your tablet crash, lose your data, spontaneously combust, and burn your house downor lose your job due to the alarm not going off to wake you up - this is experimental and should be treated that way!

this, unlike my AOKP SGT7 builds does not come with "extra" features, i have intentionally tried to keep this as stock as possible.

>> WORKING ::

• everything that works on other CM 11 builds (hopefully)
    • TWRP - working with VOL-UP + POWER on boot
    • screenshots / rotation etc.
    • standard CM 3.0.101 kernel

ART :: read the other CM 11 threads (either @storm31 or @terenceng 's wonderful threads) on how to repartition your internal storage to get ART working - you need at least 256MB of /cache space to get this working properly. while i haven't tried it myself with OmniROM, if you feel brave please do, and report your findings back in the thread

>> NOT WORKING ::

• front camera - no, it's not fixed yet.
    • boot animation still off-centre at start of boot
    • electron beam (screen off animation) rotation is broken - you can set it to fade out (that works fine)
    • external storage does not mount in UMS (last minute discovery, i use adb)

FOUND SOMETHING ELSE? report it WITH LOGS in the forum and i will do my best to fix it, for information on how to obtain logs, i suggest reading on the AOKP SGT7 website for detailed explanations.

>> INSTALLATION ::

*** NOTE *** it's best to be on the latest TWRP / CwM before installing this, though it should be fine, if all else fails install CM 11 or any 10.2 rom

• BACKUP!!! save everything incase something goes bad
    • copy the ROM onto your SD card
    • reboot into recovery
    • do a factory reset / dalvik cache wipe (in TWRP use the wipe menu, and go "ADVANCED WIPE", cross all boxes except for your SD cards)
    • install the ROM, gapps (read below), and SuperSU (links at the bottom of the page)
    • reboot, and wait (it will take a long time on first boot)

GAPPS :: i highly recommend using BaNKs gapps packages - either CORE or STANDARD (PA's are too big for the /system partition of the SGT7)

>> DOWNLOADS ::

2013-12-12 :: [ GOO.IM ] :: [ AFH ]

>> CHANGELOG ::

2013-12-12 :: INITIAL RELEASE (update this soon!)

>> SCREENSHOTS ::

Screenshot_2013-12-12-22-24-31.jpgScreenshot_2013-12-12-22-24-10.jpgScreenshot_2013-12-12-22-23-10.pngScreenshot_2013-12-12-22-22-19.png

>> CREDITS ::

>> MY SOURCE :: http://github.com/stimpz0r
    >> OMNI SOURCE :: http://github.com/omnirom

>> the OmniROM team - for building an awesome new opensource project and getting the community involved!

>> CyanogenMod - the basis for everything, your work has inspired many (including the team responsible for this rom)

>> @cdesai - for maintaining the p1 for CM, for the device / vendor files, and for helping me with many problems throughout my time

>> @humberos - for your awesome work on the 3.0.x kernels, getting TWRP working, and for helping me with a few kernel problems!

>> the testers for AOKP SGT7 - you have all helped shape that rom to what it is, hopefully you will help keep this one going for us as well. ;)

>> all other SGT7 devs and community - for helping everyone enjoy the first ever Android tablet, and for keeping it breathing well past its best before date.

*** MORE TO COME SOON ***​
    RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE - come back later for more! :)
    ok, so i don't have the sprint tablet yet (could be a few weeks off) - but i have been busy... i need a CDMA user who wants to take a risk and try something out for me... (big hint - i posted in this thread for a reason!)

the risk isn't device-threatening, but it may not boot or work anywhere near as intended (i.e. expect things to be broken, possibility of needing to flash a working rom / kernel to bring it back to life)... there's a fair chance it will boot fine and most things will work (except data/gps and anything else pending at this time), but either way - you would want to be proficient in heimdall or odin just in case. it would also be a great help if you have the knowledge on how to get logs so i can debug what has gone wrong so far if necessary, but even just knowing it works will be a great help...

please don't ask if you are not comfortable with something that could go wrong - first few people to private message me on here get access to it. ;)

sorry to all the p1 users, but trust me when i say, you will be looked after soon enough. ;)
    Thanks for all the work you had done and the great AOKP SGT7 experience we got...
    I know what's the situation. I have two kids 4.5 and 1.5 years old and both of them have p1 to play with... And they drop it hundred time and once I had to open the tab because the display connector became loose.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

i decided to give it one last crack - spent $40 on tools to break it open, and checked every point i could find that i read up on, but nothing has helped. this is unfortunately now officially the end of development on the sgt7 for myself - read more about it here: http://aokp.sgt7.net/news/item/25-some-sad-news :(

(sorry to all those for bumping this one last time, but i thought it was only fair that the public stopped waiting in hope for anything new)

please - any developers that happen to read this - take on this project. either use my base to get you started, or simply start from scratch - the sgt7 needs more choice than CM based roms (on that note though - great work by all developers who worked on CM based roms, you have all done an awesome job) and OmniROM will become a great rom once it matures more.

thanks again to all on xda that helped me along the way (including the users of my roms for their feedback). ;)
    Do you think he could've knocked the Battery loose, or that the Battery just died? I bought a new-ish battery for mine not to long ago, even then it only runs for about Three Hours before its completely dead again.

Fingers crossed that its not dead!

it's possible, but i highly doubt that. the battery was fine so the fact that it would just die for no reason seems to be unlikely - knocking the battery out on the other hand is possible - but being that he is 1 1/2 and likes to throw it around and suck on it i don't have any real idea what could be wrong. i don't see the point in paying for a new battery if it isn't the problem, but i will probably have a crack at pulling it apart sometime in the future and see if i can see anything loose / disconnected.

i'm not holding high hopes either way so it may very well be the end of my development for the p1 (i don't plan on replacing it either, i have a nexus 7 that is now my main tablet) - if that's the case then i am more than happy for any developers to continue on with OmniROM (or any of my work on AOKP SGT7) from where i left off if they feel like doing so - all the changes are available on my github, all i ask for is a simple mention or thanks for the work i did to get it to where it was, and i'd be happy to help them get it going. ;)

either way, no progress will occur on this until either my p1 comes back to life, or someone else takes it over - sorry to all that have been waiting for something to happen. :(