[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3Missing drivers???

Search This thread

alextac98

Jun 23, 2014
I recently got in the buisness of messing with my android phone's rom. Long stories short, during my attempt at flashing Cyanogen mod(which didn't work) some of my drivers got uninstalled. I can tell because of a few symptoms.

First, my phone will not see my sim card. It isn't the sim card(Ive checked) and I've narrowed it down to my efs folder is blank. I think this is because of a missing driver. I have no imei number or anything like that

Also, media just doesn't play. I can not hear anything as well as the media just flat out doesn't play. Youtube and any other app/browser just cannot get it to play anything.

These are the noticable things. I think its because of the drivers. Ive tried flashing new roms including stock. Problem is that im limited to 4.3 roms and above because I have samsung's new 4.4 locked bootloader. Any ideas?

PS I have the Samsung Galaxy s3 from AT&T. model number is SGH-I747

PSS This is my second post so sorry if it is in the wrong catagory or if anything is wrong. Im a newbie to this forum:p

Viper67857

Dec 14, 2013
If you read further into it, it tells you how to get your imei back even without a backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

alextac98

Jun 23, 2014
If you read further into it, it tells you how to get your imei back even without a backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

I tried to download the documents, but it wouldn't work. It gave me an overtraffic error from Dropbox. Although this might fix one issue, I do not think that I have a lost imei, since other things are not working as well. I still believe that my phone is missing drivers.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I don't believe it is a driver issue. The first thing you need to do is install terminal emulator from the play store and enter the following:

getprop ro.bootloader

If, and ONLY IF it says you are on NE4, try flashing the NE4 modem. You can get it from my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53627484

If you are on any other firmware build, find and flash the modem thst matches that build. (If the getprop command says you have MJB firmware, flash the MJB modem)

If you still have problems, flash the same firmware as you currently have via odin and factory reset. Backup first though!! This will wipe all your data including the internal sd.
(DO NOT FLASH OLDER FIRMWARE!!!! Only the same or newer as what you currently have!)

Explanation: if you have an incompatible modem installed, it will usually show unknown for your baseband and imei. This can also cause the EFS folder to appear blank. The reason your media won't play is because drm content relies on the contents of the EFS, so if its blank/cant be read, most media will not play.
Also if the wrong modem is installed, it will not be able to read your SIM card.

If after flashing the modem, and the full firmware you still have these problems, and your IMEI is not properly showing, PM me and I can help you further.

alextac98

Jun 23, 2014
I followed what the other post said. I installed the modem and everything worked. However, then my wifi didn't work. I then installed this http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=f...bd88b6557ee11c9f89f1cb9a8013a0e6a640e15f746e7 using TWRP (CWM works as well, tho haven't tried it). After that, I wiped all cache (Dalvik and normal) and did a factory reset. It worked like a charm. I am so happy, now I can go back to the phone I love!!! Any more questions, just post it or pm me. Thanks for all who help :)