[FIX]CAMERA + Flashlight FIX for froyo coming from 2.51

Search This thread

psicodelico

Sep 12, 2009
Recife
On LED Light Widget I can turn on and off the led how many times I want, but when I turn on the camera and shot the first picture the LED does not work again. I need to reboot the phone for that.

ellendel

Dec 21, 2010
I came from 2.34 deblur rom then flashed the 2.2 china froyo.
And the fix didn't work for me, i mean the flashlight one.
Just shoot the flash the first time and then no more.

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010
What the difference between 2.51 and 2.34 that cause this problem? We can modify this solution for 2.34?

if you are on 2.51 you can not flash any other sbf( 2.21 2.34 or even 2.2 froyo sbf)
but if youwan the camera to work and you have 2.21 or 2.34, first you should flash 2.51, root it, install custom recovery, restore official chinese froyo backup, then flash boot 2.2 ony and finally flash my fixes for camera and flash.
i do not recommend you flashing 2.51, because you wont be able to flash any different rom(.sbf format) because it wont boot.

andyfletcher

Aug 11, 2008
After going round and round in circles with the various 2.2's available and wishing i had never touched the uk2.5.1 i have finally got a working Froyo!!

I used jboogies beta2 froyo, camera didnt work initially, but after installing the first fix from this thread camera now works (even though the flash doesnt).

Finally i'm now a happy Defy user on froyo.

Andy

Last edited:

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010
After going round and round in circles with the various 2.2's available and wishing i had never touched the uk2.5.1 i have finally got a working Froyo!!

I used jboogies beta2 froyo, camera didnt work initially, but after installing the first fix from this thread camera now works (even though the flash doesnt).

Finally i'm now a happy Defy user on froyo.

Andy

if you flash the flash light fix http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=490564&d=1295127833 you will get it work.

irenic

Dec 17, 2007
I come from 2.5.1gb and the flash light fix doesn't work for me.

the camera works fine though. Thanks!

tensan

Dec 30, 2010
Burgos
-(not confirmed) if you restored a froyo back up over 2.21 or 2.34 versions and flashed 2.2 boot only, you should first flash full 2.2 and then flash only the lash light fix.

I confirm that don't work. I came from 2.34. I flash the 2.2 full totally clean with RSDLite, install the fix, and don't work. I've tried to install both fixes too, but It didn't work either.

It's a pity. But is not a very big problem. I can wait.

Homesicktexan

Oct 22, 2009
Ok so I came from stock 2.1 for Tmobile and flashed jBoogie's ROM. Everything is fine except for the camera and flash obviously. I applied the camerafix sbf and now I've got some problems. First: phone sometimes wont recognize SD card, which means camera will not work, second: messaging wont work, email 2.1 wont work, and I constantly get process.media.android error message. The phone is pretty sluggish and freezes occasionally. How do I remove the camerafix.sbf that I flashed and go back to whatever I had beforehand? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well finally i fixed the camera, the problem was the devtree file from sbf, if you have a 2.51 and the resotore a 2.2 backup, and flash only boot, the devtree file is old.

-To fix camera flash
    this sbf from rsdlite.
    -Flash light fixed: flash Flash light fix.zip fron clockwork recovery.

I come from 2.51 to jboogiebop froyo beta 2 and this fixes works for me, but it should work for all froyo roms if you come from 2.51.

-(Confirmed)if you come from 2.51 to froyo by restoring a nand backup, this fixes should work.
    DO not flash if you come from(2.21 or 2.34).

Alternative fix is working,(vanilla w eclair->official froyo) I also fixed permissions after flashing it, maybe people who can't get it working should try fixing permissions too :D

Thanks!!!
    For the flash issue I just turn it on with a flashlight program (I use extended controls), take the picture,then turn it off. Works for me until there is a better fix.

Sent from my ME525 using Tapatalk
    Didn't work for me I'm afraid :(

Deleted comment
    My compass works - or at least it is deffo pointing north lol
    all defy and defy+ for working camera JUST FLASH QUARX CM10 4.1.2 2ND-BOOT BUILD.