Ubuntu Touch for Android

Search This thread

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
shouldn't be too hard for those that know how to build from a source. Should come out pretty stable also. I'll give it a go of course, but doubt I'd be able to stay on it for too long.

Reactions: uoY_redruM

CodyRst

Mar 4, 2012
So far, i personally like the way it looks and acts.. But it suppose it'll depend on performance and stability, functionality.
I'll give it a go, for sure.

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
I would love to beta test it out for any one once they get it ported over

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/39299-[ROM][WIP]-Ubuntu-Touch-on-d2vzw-[Dev-Preview][Phantom]-[02/22/13]

Have you tried flashing it yet?

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Have you tried flashing it yet?

Also.. amazing:)

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Oh OK..I might try it out and report back

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

dling now.. will report back.. might have to flash cm10.1 kernel right?

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

dling now.. will report back.. might have to flash cm10.1 kernel right?

i'd suggest you not flash this right now, as it's clearly stated that the ROM is only for the Verizon Galaxy S III, d2vzw.
flashing a ROM from another phone could cause your device to hard brick.

Gorjira

Sep 17, 2012
A Place called Royal Oak
http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/39299-[ROM][WIP]-Ubuntu-Touch-on-d2vzw-[Dev-Preview][Phantom]-[02/22/13]

Nice, that means one step (or in all reality, multiple steps...) Closer to this bad mamma-Jamma on our babies. I've heard that it's not ready for daily use but I'm down for something new. Also been thinking about getting a Nexus 7 soon to try this out. Or a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for the larger screen... Still can't make up my mind...

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
Nice, that means one step (or in all reality, multiple steps...) Closer to this bad mamma-Jamma on our babies. I've heard that it's not ready for daily use but I'm down for something new. Also been thinking about getting a Nexus 7 soon to try this out. Or a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for the larger screen... Still can't make up my mind...

Man I wish I never sold my nexus 7. Thing was awesoms

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
i'd suggest you not flash this right now, as it's clearly stated that the ROM is only for the Verizon Galaxy S III, d2vzw.
flashing a ROM from another phone could cause your device to hard brick.

Technically, it's the mounting points that differ. You could go into the updater-script and modify the mount points to match our phone.

I assume it has a while sperate kernel though? (I haven't looked). If so, that would clearly be a problem too.

If nobody else has done it by tonight, I'll look it over when I get home. I'll be out all day searching fort parts for my project car.

Gorjira

Sep 17, 2012
A Place called Royal Oak
Man I wish I never sold my nexus 7. Thing was awesoms

Ahhhh sorry Bacon... I did not mean to bring up a dearly departed techno-friend... I had to do the same with a PS3... D**n electric bill... Trying not to throw the thread off-course but what did you like about and and would you have put this new OS on it?

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Well I actually tried and it failed in twrp.. the first thing flashed but not the actual rom

Top Liked Posts