Question: Phone Recorder Still work in stock KK 4.4.2?

Search This thread

ahkow

Apr 3, 2010
Just wondering phone recording function still working after upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2?
Current 4.3 is able to record 2-way phone call clearly event with head set. (no need to enable speaker).

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
Just wondering phone recording function still working after upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2?
Current 4.3 is able to record 2-way phone call clearly event with head set. (no need to enable speaker).

i haven't tried kitkat because there are way too many glitches and i'm really happy with 4.3.
but some developers of the apps that can record calls are putting notes that samsung has disabled 2way phone call in kitkat.. so i think answer is no.

stick to 4.3

ahkow

Apr 3, 2010
Which recorder apps are you using to record? Normally there is audio source to choose, need to select audio call instead of mic.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk now Free

ahkow

Apr 3, 2010
This thread is on about the built in call recorder; not a separate app.

In order to use build in recorder, need to root and enable in Xpose module. I am still unroot with stock ROM, I think third party apps also get the audio from the same source. So the unknown is whether the audio source unavailable or the build in recorder not functioning. Don't mind try to install third party apps such as "automatic call recorder", choose Voice Call as audio source to try out?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk now Free